Windows 10: Find System Uptime in Windows 10

Discus and support Find System Uptime in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Find System Uptime in Windows 10 How to Find System Uptime in Windows 10 [img] Information The system uptime will show you how much... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Find System Uptime in Windows 10

How to: Find System Uptime in Windows 10

How to Find System Uptime in Windows 10

Find System Uptime in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information The system uptime will show you how much time your system has been running since the last time the PC had been shutdown or restarted.

Uptime is often used as a measure of computer operating system reliability or stability, in that this time represents the time a computer can be left unattended without crashing, or needing to be rebooted for administrative or maintenance purposes.

This tutorial will show you how to see what your system uptime is in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:

OPTION ONE [/i] To Find System Uptime in Task Manager
    1. Open Task Manager in more details view.

2. Click/tap on the Performance tab, and click/tap on CPU.

3. You will see the Up time at the bottom of CPU in a [days]:[hours]:[minutes]:[seconds] format.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Find System Uptime in Command Prompt
    1. Open a command prompt.

2. Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press Enter.

*Arrow powershell (get-date) - (gcim Win32_OperatingSystem).LastBootUpTime

or

([days]:[hours]:[minutes]:[seconds] format)
    *Arrow powershell ((get-date) - (gcim Win32_OperatingSystem).LastBootUptime).ToString('g')

OPTION THREE [/i] To Find System Uptime in PowerShell
    1. Open PowerShell.

2. Copy and paste the command below into PowerShell, and press Enter.

*Arrow (get-date) - (gcim Win32_OperatingSystem).LastBootUpTime

or

([days]:[hours]:[minutes]:[seconds] format)
    *Arrow ((get-date) - (gcim Win32_OperatingSystem).LastBootUptime).ToString('g')

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Feb 9, 2017
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 26, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

uptime

Long periods of uptime for Linux is expected, but what about 600+ days of uptime on a Windows server?

Find System Uptime in Windows 10 Windows-603-Days-Uptime.png

Yes, the server is still in use, no it is not connected to the internet. I had to power it down after taking this screenshot to clone a failing hard drive.

newtekie1, Oct 26, 2019
  5. robal Win User
    How to view windows uptime on the desktop???

Hi,

Plenty of gadgets exist that display system uptime. Just google for "system uptime gadget", or search MS Live Gallery.

I'm not sure if any of them can be configured to display just text (without gadget outline).

Cheers,

robal, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Find System Uptime in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Find System Uptime

2. Which edition of Windows 10 for 24/7 uptime No updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Which edition of Windows 10 for 24/7 uptime No updates: Hi,I engineer a radio station that uses SAM broadcaster; we are upgrading from Windows 7 in the near future. I read somewhere that there is an industrial or embedded version of Windows 10 for systems that support services that cannot be restart and require an uptime of at...
  3. Windows 10 slowdown after a day or two of uptime

Windows 10 slowdown after a day or two of uptime: I built a PC about a year ago and this has been an issue since making it. I created another PC before without this issue. When I first start my computer, everything works smoothly. The most noticeable difference in performance is dragging any application. It performs...
  4. Windows 10 and uptime session

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 and uptime session: Hello, I have a brand new HP laptop and since the battery is of difficult access, I can not remove it and not use it, therefore I have to charge it, use the pc, then when the battery is empty recharge it again and on and on, which for someone that uses a laptop as a home...
  5. Windows 10 vs Windows Server, uptime?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 vs Windows Server, uptime?: Hello i want to use a old PC as 24/7 home "server". Is windows Server more stable when it comes to 24/7 uptime? Or won't it make any difference, and it is just more/less other tools sets? submitted by /u/Doovester [link] [comments]...
  6. System uptime being reset

System uptime being reset: I know that in Windows 10, the uptime counter is reset after a restart, but from a few weeks, when I switch on my laptop, the uptime is being reset.It doesn't happen every time, but I've observed it 3 times this week.And also I have an SSD, and when I turn the laptop on, it...
  7. My Computer Uptime

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Computer Uptime: If I check my computer uptime it will still say that the computer has been on even though I shut it off using the Shut Off option. I've tried to do sfc /scannow in cmd prompt and powershell and it says "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations." I'm...
  8. Display system uptime on lockscreen

Display system uptime on lockscreen: Hi, could you help me display system uptime on the lockscreen? I found some tutorials online, but they refer to some app on MS Store, which has since been removed. Thank you submitted by /u/sdasda7777 [link] [comments]...
  9. Full system freeze / lock-up at 11 hour uptime mark

Full system freeze / lock-up at 11 hour uptime mark: Technically not a BSOD, but not sure where else I should post it. At about 11 hours uptime (as reported by task manager, sometimes a few minutes early, sometimes a few minutes late) my system completely freezes. All activity stops, no mouse, no screen updates, and it doesn't...
  10. Incorrect Uptime in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Incorrect Uptime in Task Manager: Running Windows 10 Pro 1703 Build 15063.138 64-bit. Has anyone else noticed that the Uptime, as reported in Task Manager, is incorrect? Also, the 'Time of Last Boot', as reported by the 'systeminfo' command seems to be stuck at the time that Cumulative Update KB 4015583...