Windows 10: is there a way to make cortana NOT interrupt what the user is currently doing when invoked?

Discus and support is there a way to make cortana NOT interrupt what the user is currently doing when invoked? in Cortana to solve the problem; For example, right now if I invoke Cortana while I am in Notepad and typing text, the Cortana popup will prevent me from typing into Notepad because... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Maxbl, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Maxbl Win User

is there a way to make cortana NOT interrupt what the user is currently doing when invoked?

For example, right now if I invoke Cortana while I am in Notepad and typing text, the Cortana popup will prevent me from typing into Notepad because the focus will switch to Cortana.

Is there a way to make Cortana not do that and instead let me type as I shout my command?

:)

Maxbl, Jan 3, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Cannot Invoke Cortana

There is an option when installing Win 10 to use Cortana or not. I'm wondering if you (or the installer) chose not to?

- suggests you didn't enter the command correctly.

Please post a screenshot of what you attempted.

Windows key + S should launch Cortana if enabled and functional.
    This is the Notebook (in this context):

is there a way to make cortana NOT interrupt what the user is currently doing when invoked? [​IMG]

Rt click the taskbar and you should see this:

*Arrow Hide or Show Search Box or Cortana Icon on Taskbar in Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

is there a way to make cortana NOT interrupt what the user is currently doing when invoked? [​IMG]

dalchina, Jan 3, 2019
  3. Inesgun Win User
    invoke

• I have a Motorola, running Android 7.0. The Cortana app was installed by a service advisor in the Microsoft Retail Store in NYC where I purchased Invoke.
    • We specifically stated that Invoke was going to be used in Spain. We were told that we would need to use English to talk to Cortana, but the service advisor did not have any concern regarding geographic location.
    • Back in Spain, Cortana worked fine. Invoke also worked fine, although it once needed to be resynchronized; this was done without a problem using the Cortana app.
    • For unrelated reasons, the phone needed to be reset. When we try to reinstall the Cortana app from the google play store, we consistently get error DF-DFERH-01
    • Trying to use a Windows 10 laptop to setup Invoke again, we upgraded it to the Fall Creators Update. Unfortunately, our Windows 10 Spanish speaking Cortana does not show a "Devices" icon nor understands us when we type "Setup my Invoke"
    We were happy users of Invoke and Cortana, but are now unable to use them now.

Thanks for your time

Inesgun, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

is there a way to make cortana NOT interrupt what the user is currently doing when invoked?

1. is there a way to make cortana NOT interrupt what the user is currently doing when invoked? - Similar Threads - cortana interrupt user

2. What to do when you interrupt an update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What to do when you interrupt an update?: I accidentally switched off the computer while it was working on updates. Then I held the on button for approximately 30 seconds and tried to switch it on again. Then it said "we were unable to complete the update. Undoing changes, do not turn off your computer" then it went...
  3. What to do when you interrupt an update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What to do when you interrupt an update?: I accidentally switched off the computer while it was working on updates. Then I held the on button for approximately 30 seconds and tried to switch it on again. Then it said "we were unable to complete the update. Undoing changes, do not turn off your computer" then it went...
  4. Cortana for current and all users

in Cortana
    Cortana for current and all users: Hi, I uninstalled cortana, but now i want to reinstall it, but i found that there are 2 version, 1 for current users and 1 for all users. What are the differences between them? Which version should I get, and which version go along with Win 10 through Media creation tool??...
  5. TuneIn not playing on Cortana/Invoke

TuneIn not playing on Cortana/Invoke: I've recently started having a problem with my Cortana/Invoke speaker not being able to play certain streams. Is there a way to update the app for the speaker? This is a new TuneIn app for desktop I had to install to make it work on PC as I was having the same issue....
  6. Is there a way to make Cortana completely silent?

in Cortana
    Is there a way to make Cortana completely silent?: I don't wish to hear her annoying voice, I want to get answers ONLY in written form. I searched the whole Internet and found no answer. Please don't tell me I'm the only person on this planet who wants to have that option available. There must be a way, through registry...
  7. Cortana Invoke

in Cortana
    Cortana Invoke: Cortana stopped working correctly on the invoke as of 7/27. When I ask for the forcast, I get the definition of forcast. If I'm more specific Iike what is the current temperature I get the I can't help with that. This happens on all 3cof my Invokes...
  8. Cortana Invoke

in Cortana
    Cortana Invoke: Alarm does not go off at requested time. I set alarm for 5:50 Am . Alarm goes off at 8:50 am. Invoke will verify Alarm is sr.et at 550, if request time, time will be correct. I have factory reset with same results...
  9. Cortana Podcast Invoke

in Cortana
    Cortana Podcast Invoke: Cortana is playing podcasts just fine via TuneIn radio on my Invoke. However, I can't figure out a way to play a previous podcast. For example if it plays podcast XYZ Latest Episode. I can't figure out a command to tell it to play a "previous" podcast. Anyone know a voice...
  10. Cannot Invoke Cortana

Cannot Invoke Cortana: System: ASUS M32CD 64-bit, Intel Core i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz,, 4 Cores, 8 GB DRAM, 4 TB Harddrive OS: Windows 10 Home, V 10.0.16299 Build 16299 (factory installed, updates up to date) Despite a mention of Cortana here and there, I can't make it run. My screen never quite...