Windows 10: Is there a way to make Win 10 Win Explorer to look like Win 7?l

Discus and support Is there a way to make Win 10 Win Explorer to look like Win 7?l in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Win 10 is extremely complicated. It can do lots of things but easy, fast, uncomplicated it is not, when all you want to do is control your file systems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jagman, Jul 18, 2017.

1. jagman Win User

Is there a way to make Win 10 Win Explorer to look like Win 7?l

Win 10 is extremely complicated. It can do lots of things but easy, fast, uncomplicated it is not, when all you want to do is control your file systems it is complicated.
    Depending on what you hit, different LOOKS of the MENUS comes up making it hard and time consuming and who knows, next release could be a new design and then another month to learn THAT one.

One thing is, right window of the files, they are sorted/grouped I want ONE big list of files NOT grouped/separated. Some options of the menu, i think QUICK ACCESS can not turn off, right clik from showing: things like DELETE, RENAME.... waste of my time.
    90% i want to copy, cut, rename, choose the program to open a file.

Anyone? Can it be made to look like the CLASSIC EXPLORER? Fast and simple? Or has anyone have an old one to run on Win 10?

:)

jagman, Jul 18, 2017

2. Is Win 10 desktop supposed to look like Win 7?

Hi Marshell,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I completely understand your concern.

Please to inform there were certain changes made in Window 10.

You may refer the following article and check if that helps.

Windows 10 Charms Bar Missing?

Explore Windows 10 New Updates & Features | See What Windows 10 is Like

Hope this helps. If you have any further queries, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Sudharshan M K, Jul 18, 2017
  3. Is Win 10 desktop supposed to look like Win 7?

Opening screen of the Win 10 update looks like this:

Is there a way to make Win 10 Win Explorer to look like Win 7?l [​IMG]

Everything works, but the desktop no longer looks as it did with Win 8 -- all those colorful square icons bunched over the desktop. Touch the right hand part of the screen and you'd be able to power off along with other options. All that's gone. Now, the
    start menu icon, as promised, is in the lower left and will pull up this:

Is there a way to make Win 10 Win Explorer to look like Win 7?l [​IMG]

Is that the way Win 10 is supposed to look?

marshaellison, Jul 18, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Jul 18, 2017
  5. jagman Win User
    I tried to do and follow your instructions but, they are close but the windows are not as in thistutorial.
    Why the difference, we both on the same OS, does this change with every build?
    Why does customizations like this requie HARSH

jagman, Jul 18, 2017
  6. jagman Win User
    I tried to follow this tutorial but my OS does not match your tutorial. Why, are "builds" different code?

Why do simple customization's require modifications to the Registry? Will not upgrades, fixes, reloads have to be done over and over?
    Was not able to completr due to the differences between my OS and the tutorials.

jagman, Jul 18, 2017
  7. dalchina New Member
    Please post your Windows build number.
    Windows key + R, winver

Also please post a screenshot of your file explorer illustrating your concern.
    To post a screenshot please use the Insert Image icon above your post to te left of the video icon.

dalchina, Jul 18, 2017
  8. jagman Win User

version 1703 build 15063.483
    Win 10
    Screen shots? pressing PrtSc does nothing so waiting to get my copy of Snagit installed

jagman, Jul 18, 2017
  9. dalchina New Member
    Once you've pressed PrtSc (or maybe SHIFT PrtSc) open e.g. Paint and paste in the copy from the clipboard.

You can see my build in my specs, behind yours.

dalchina, Jul 18, 2017
  10. Bree New Member
    Alternatively, use WinKey + PrtSc. This briefly dims the screen to show it's working and saves a screenshot to your Pictures\Screenshots folder.

11. Sqrly Win User
    Sqrly, Jul 24, 2017
  12. technozz Win User
    technozz, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Is there a way to make Win 10 Win Explorer to look like Win 7?l - Similar Threads - Explorer

2. Update for Windows KB5036980 made my windows explorer navigation bar disappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update for Windows KB5036980 made my windows explorer navigation bar disappear: After update KB5036980 my windows explorer had no location box, back/forward buttons, or search box. This severely affected my workflow so I uninstalled the update. Obviously I tried restarting windows explorer to no effect. I could not find any option to turn it back on. The...
  3. Update for Windows KB5036980 made my windows explorer navigation bar disappear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update for Windows KB5036980 made my windows explorer navigation bar disappear: After update KB5036980 my windows explorer had no location box, back/forward buttons, or search box. This severely affected my workflow so I uninstalled the update. Obviously I tried restarting windows explorer to no effect. I could not find any option to turn it back on. The...
  4. File Explorer Documents pointing to OneDrive. Want to point it back to C:\users\xxxxx\Documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Documents pointing to OneDrive. Want to point it back to C:\users\xxxxx\Documents: Many years ago, when OneDrive was first released, I wanted my Word and Excel files to automatically go to OneDrive. At the time there was no Documents folder backup. I followed instructions from a magazine, probably updating registry entries to point file explorer Documents...
  5. File Explorer Documents pointing to OneDrive. Want to point it back to C:\users\xxxxx\Documents

File Explorer Documents pointing to OneDrive. Want to point it back to C:\users\xxxxx\Documents: Many years ago, when OneDrive was first released, I wanted my Word and Excel files to automatically go to OneDrive. At the time there was no Documents folder backup. I followed instructions from a magazine, probably updating registry entries to point file explorer Documents...
  6. How do I fix bright scroll bars and selection colors in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix bright scroll bars and selection colors in file explorer?: I have an odd problem with file explorer in my windows 11 education edition system. I just domain joined my laptop to my DC last week and added my domain account to my laptop. I already had a local account set up on the laptop, and I have no issues there. However, on my...
  7. How do I fix bright scroll bars and selection colors in file explorer?

How do I fix bright scroll bars and selection colors in file explorer?: I have an odd problem with file explorer in my windows 11 education edition system. I just domain joined my laptop to my DC last week and added my domain account to my laptop. I already had a local account set up on the laptop, and I have no issues there. However, on my...
  8. Windows 11 & Solidworks PDM 2020 File Explorer Issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 & Solidworks PDM 2020 File Explorer Issues.: Just received Windows 11 upgraded from Windows 10 but now the address bar in File Explorer isn't working with Solidworks PDM 2020? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-solidworks-pdm-2020-file-explorer/5690c449-49e9-47a2-8e27-2ca4e1c57a38
  9. Windows 11 & Solidworks PDM 2020 File Explorer Issues.

Windows 11 & Solidworks PDM 2020 File Explorer Issues.: Just received Windows 11 upgraded from Windows 10 but now the address bar in File Explorer isn't working with Solidworks PDM 2020? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-solidworks-pdm-2020-file-explorer/5690c449-49e9-47a2-8e27-2ca4e1c57a38
  10. Windows Explorer Getting High CPU, Taskbar Keeps Freezing

Windows Explorer Getting High CPU, Taskbar Keeps Freezing: I have recently been having an issue with Windows Explorer's CPU usage climbing to a much higher percentage than normal 15-30% and staying at that high of a percentage for extended periods of time. It does this regardless of how many tabs are open, or how many processes are...