Windows 10: Is there a way to permanently disable/ignore those "There is a problem with this drive....

Discus and support Is there a way to permanently disable/ignore those "There is a problem with this drive.... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have Quick Removal enabled but it still occurs. I'd like to disable the message from popping up at all and just go directly to autoplay. Sure it just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Honkmaster, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Is there a way to permanently disable/ignore those "There is a problem with this drive....

I have Quick Removal enabled but it still occurs. I'd like to disable the message from popping up at all and just go directly to autoplay. Sure it just takes a click to close it, but those clicks add up since I write to external drives regularly.

submitted by /u/Honkmaster
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Honkmaster, Jan 19, 2020

2. Is there any way to turn off Win10 updates PERMANENTLY?

I have taken several steps to attempt to permanently disable Win10 Updates.... but every attempt seems to fail.

To date I have

• told Windows I want to manually approve any updates.
    • turned off windows updates.
    • DELETED Win10 Update assistant (only to have it show back up again)
    • DISABLED Win10 Upddates in Task scheduler. (Only to have it re-enable itself.)
    • DELETED Win10 Updates in Task Scheduler. (Only to have it show back up again)
    The only thing I haven't done is revert back to Win8 which seemed to be a far more stable OS.

Win10 keeps telling me that I need an 8g "security update" and that I need to free up space on my C: drive ..... something I am not willing to do. I have put up with this for the last 3 months.... is there really any way to PERMANENTLY disable / delete
    / say "NO!!!!!!!!!" to Win10 Updates?

Thanks in advance for your helpful responses. Trolls.... yeah well, I know you're out there.... you're just as easily ignored.

BethelAbba, Jan 19, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Permanently Disable Windows Defender?

Since this is a TP. The option to turn off/disable Windows Defender is grayed out. However, you can turn off by:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

1. Open Admin Command Prompt and type: gpedit.msc
    2. Manoeuver to: Computer Configuration->Administrative Templates->Windows Components->Windows Defender
    3. Double click on "Turn Off Windows Defender" and select "Enabled" then click "Apply"

WARNING: After turn off "Windows Defender", you might not be able to turn it back on. I suggest before trying this, make a backup image so you can restore to the way it was.

Is there a way to permanently disable/ignore those "There is a problem with this drive.... [​IMG]

topgundcp, Jan 19, 2020
  4. Is there a way to permanently disable/ignore those "There is a problem with this drive....

How to disable Airplane mode permanently on Windows 10?

Hi Hunky,

As you are facing issues with turning on or off Airplane on your device, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if you have made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

The option you are looking for to permanently disable Airplane mode is unfortunately not available.

Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps to disable Airplane mode and check if it helps.

Step 1: To turn off Airplane mode from Settings and check.

• Press Windows key, click on Settings
      from the left pane.
    • Click on Network & Internet.
    • Under Airplane mode turn it off and check.

Step 2: To Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Network Notification Area Icon

• Click on the Network icon in the taskbar notification area.

• Click on the Airplane mode button to toggle on or off.

Step 3: To Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Action Center

• Open Action Center by clicking Windows + A keys from keyboard.

• Click on the Airplane mode quick action button to toggle on or off.

If the settings are not refining, this issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ missing system files.

Step 4: I suggest you to run SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a
    Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with updated status of disabling the Airplane mode for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to permanently disable/ignore those "There is a problem with this drive....

1. Is there a way to permanently disable/ignore those "There is a problem with this drive.... - Similar Threads - permanently disable ignore

2. Is there a way to permanently fix permissions for slave drives?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to permanently fix permissions for slave drives?: I reformat my computer multiple times per year, and almost every time I do, I run into issues moving files around on my slave drive, "you do not have permission" or "you need administrator access" and then inevitably I have to rewrite all of the permissions on the entire...
  3. What is the best way to permanently disable Windows updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is the best way to permanently disable Windows updates?: I'm getting tired of updates breaking things on my workstation laptop which puts me out of commission and unable to work/needing to reformat. So I would like to disable updates entirely and perhaps only manually install defender updates as needed. I've seen several methods...
  4. Is there a way to disable updates on LTSC permanently?

Is there a way to disable updates on LTSC permanently?: My organization uses LTSC for running specific tasks, so there is never a need for any form of the security updates, I tried to disable them in the services, but unfortunately it turns itself back on after a reboot. So is there a way to disable the update permanently?...
  5. Is there a way to permanently disable Windows 10 updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is there a way to permanently disable Windows 10 updates?: Hello, I have been having issues with windows updates as I have a 2GB/day data limit I usually pause the updates but after pausing I can`t seem to pause it permanently with methods on internet and updates resume eating my data limit. Is there a way to permanently disable the...
  6. Any way to permanently disable Windows Defender?

Any way to permanently disable Windows Defender?: I've tried disabling it in settings, but it always turns itself back on after a few hours or after rebooting the computer. I've seen people online proposing .BAT files that supposedly permanently disable it, but this didn't work for me and it wound up turning itself back on...
  7. Is there a way to permanently disable Airplane mode for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there a way to permanently disable Airplane mode for Windows 10?: I have never used Airplane mode since I switched to Windows 10 and have no real plans to. Thing is, every now and again it would automatically switch itself on and off for no apparent reason, and it can be a royal pain to get Wi-fi to get started again. Is there any way to...
  8. Is there a way to disable only major Windows updates permanently?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is there a way to disable only major Windows updates permanently?: I am fine with the small updates such as the KB***** ones. But I don't want the large ones such as the one coming in October 2018, Redstone 5. Is there a way to disable only these large updates? Windows shamelessly restarts computers for updates if it's kept idle. 117884
  9. Is there a way to disable only major Windows updates permanently?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a way to disable only major Windows updates permanently?: I am fine with the small updates such as the KB***** ones. But I don't want the large ones such as the one coming in October 2018, Redstone 5. Is there a way to disable only these large updates? Windows shamelessly restarts computers for updates if it's kept idle. 117884
  10. A way to Block ignore?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A way to Block ignore?: I'm having issues with the Grammar Checker in Word. I've tried all other forums and just wondered if anyone here knows of a simple solution.? Basically; whenever I reload a document i'm working on (I'm a Fiction Writer) Word had the habit of forgetting all the Grammar...