Windows 10: Is there a way to see what is trying to access my controlled folder?

Discus and support Is there a way to see what is trying to access my controlled folder? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I get an alert on my comp. that a process called update.exe is trying to access my folder. I have not downloaded any programs that are not reputable. I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ViaticLoki7660, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Is there a way to see what is trying to access my controlled folder?

I get an alert on my comp. that a process called update.exe is trying to access my folder. I have not downloaded any programs that are not reputable. I ran my windows virus scans as well as Malwarebytes a few times and everything was clear. I still want to see what is trying to access my things. Is there a way to figure this out?

:)

ViaticLoki7660, Jun 10, 2019
  2. Jsssssssss, Jun 10, 2019
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Controlled Folder Access blocked

Hi Aeolus0,

The Controlled Folder Access is an enterprise-class ransomware protection component that was recently added to Windows Defender. When you turn on Controlled folder access, a lot of the folders you use most often will be protected by default. This means that
    content in any of these folders cannot be accessed or changed by any unknown or untrusted apps. Once you add additional folders, they become automatically protected as well. To add protected folders:

• Select Virus & threat protection settings.
    • Under Controlled folder access, select Protected folders.
    • Select Add a protected folder and follow the prompts to add folders.

If you see an App is blocked message when you try to use a familiar app, you can simply unblock the app. If this message displays:

• Write down or take note of the path of the blocked app.
    • Select the message, and then select Add an allowed app.
    • Browse for the program you want to allow access.

As for your query about having no sounds on your computer, it could be caused by an outdated or corrupted audio driver. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.
    • Have you tried to download and install the latest audio driver from the manufacturer's website of your device?

Meanwhile, you can try the steps in this
    link
    to troubleshoot sound issues on Windows 10.

We'll be looking forward to your reply.

Eric Ber, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

Is there a way to see what is trying to access my controlled folder?

1. Is there a way to see what is trying to access my controlled folder? - Similar Threads - trying access controlled

2. Is there a way to see the passwords used by hackers that unsuccessfully try to access my MS...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to see the passwords used by hackers that unsuccessfully try to access my MS...: I know how/where to examine the log-in activity for my Microsoft account. The list shows each unsuccessful attempt to access my account due to “incorrect password” having been entered. What I want to know is what exactly did the hacker enter for each of those failed...
  3. Is there a way to see the passwords used by hackers that unsuccessfully try to access my MS...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to see the passwords used by hackers that unsuccessfully try to access my MS...: I know how/where to examine the log-in activity for my Microsoft account. The list shows each unsuccessful attempt to access my account due to “incorrect password” having been entered. What I want to know is what exactly did the hacker enter for each of those failed...
  4. controlled folder access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    controlled folder access: When trying to open Controlled Folder Access, a window opened that said the IT administrator had restricted access to this page. The computer is my personal PC and I have no IT Administrator. How do I retrieve access to this page?...
  5. Trying to locate Controlled Folder Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to locate Controlled Folder Access: Hello CommunityI have two apps that are suddenly getting flagged by User Account Control by blocking the Apps. The two 2 apps in question are the free versions of Auslogic's Disk Defrag and Registry Cleaner. I am trying to locate Controlled Folder Access on my Windows 11 Pro...
  6. Trying to locate Controlled Folder Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to locate Controlled Folder Access: Hello CommunityI have two apps that are suddenly getting flagged by User Account Control by blocking the Apps. The two 2 apps in question are the free versions of Auslogic's Disk Defrag and Registry Cleaner. I am trying to locate Controlled Folder Access on my Windows 11 Pro...
  7. controlled folder access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    controlled folder access: My real-time protection, cloud-delivered protection, automatic sample submission, tamper protections all are off. I try to on it. but it doesn't work. It says to on the controlled folder access. but when I try to on that option. it doesn't work. It says, "protects files,...
  8. Multiple .exe files trying to access my controlled folder

Multiple .exe files trying to access my controlled folder: I have no idea why this is happening, every time I boot or use my computer it shows that a .exe file is trying to go into my controlled folder and it was stopped. These are files such as explorer.exe, spotify.exe and adobe files. This is weird because there should be no...
  9. Controlled Folder Access -- what file was protected?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Controlled Folder Access -- what file was protected?: I just activated Controlled Folder Access and noticed that it blocks Quicken (qw.exe). Despite being blocked, Quicken seems to work OK. How can I tell what file Quicken was attempting to modify?...
  10. Controlled Folder Access

Controlled Folder Access: Trying to use Controlled Folder access on a couple of machines. I am running into an issue where after about a day defender notifications no longer appear in the action center nor are they logged by defender in event viewer. If i look in event viewer at the defender...