Windows 10: Is there an app that can auto trim/divide videos into equal sections?

Discus and support Is there an app that can auto trim/divide videos into equal sections? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is there a way to trim/divide a long video into equal sections without manually trimming it? I'm using the Photos app and trying to trim long videos... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Eagle999, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Eagle999 Win User

Is there an app that can auto trim/divide videos into equal sections?

Is there a way to trim/divide a long video into equal sections without manually trimming it? I'm using the Photos app and trying to trim long videos into 20-second sections so that I can email them. Or.....is there a setting (I have gmail and Windows 10) where I can email sections larger than 20 seconds? Trimming videos is taking forever! Thanks in advance!

:)

Eagle999, Sep 21, 2017
  2. techbuzzireland, Sep 21, 2017
  3. E72: Is there an Ovi app that supports auto start & stop any other tool or application?

Hello,

Is there an Ovi app which can say auto shutdown music player after few hours of playing ?

Thanks

svenks---01, Sep 21, 2017
  4. Mooly Win User

This doesn't answer your question directly but have you considered using 'Dropbox' to send larger files ?

Video and email doesn't go together I'm afraid due to the very limited attachment size. Dropbox allows up to 2gb for the free account.

You also have your 'OneDrive' option that comes as standard with W10 and allows you to upload large files for sharing.

Mooly, Sep 21, 2017
  5. Tony K Win User
    Hi there, Eagle999. Welcome to Windows TenForums.

In addition you can compress the files to a folder and mail that way. Right click on the movie file for the context menu > Send to > Compressed folder.

Tony K, Sep 21, 2017
  6. Eagle999 Win User
    @HippsieGypsie: When I right click on the file, I only see the option to send to Bluetooth Device. Am I in the wrong place?

Eagle999, Sep 21, 2017
  7. Tony K Win User
    Oh? You should get this:

Is there an app that can auto trim/divide videos into equal sections? [​IMG]

Tony K, Sep 21, 2017
  8. Tony K Win User

I should ask and should've said > Are you right clicking first to highlight it, then left click for the menu?

Tony K, Sep 21, 2017
  9. Eagle999 Win User
    I did exactly what you did...not sure why I only see the option to send to Bluetooth.

Eagle999, Sep 21, 2017
  10. Tony K Win User
    Do you have Home or Pro version of 10? I'm om Pro, so that may be the difference.

If so, and as much as I dislike to say, there may be 3rd party compression software to do so.

You may want to look into Mooly's suggestion as well. It's a great way to share files.

Share OneDrive Files and Folders Windows 10 Network Sharing Tutorials

I have to head out for the day. Hopefully someone else will help you. Good luck.

Tony K, Sep 21, 2017
  11. Eagle999 Win User
    Thanks for your help. Have a great day!

Eagle999, Sep 21, 2017
  12. f14tomcat Win User
    Try the right-click again, but hold down the shift key when you do it. The option may be "Extended", and you may not see it with normal right-click. Hold shift, right-click.

f14tomcat, Sep 21, 2017
  13. Eagle999 Win User

Eagle999, Sep 21, 2017
  14. f14tomcat Win User
    f14tomcat, Sep 21, 2017
  15. cereberus Win User
    Easiest way is to zip the video, splitting zip file into multiple files - many web guides.

cereberus, Sep 21, 2017
Thema:

1. Is there an app that can auto trim/divide videos into equal sections? - Similar Threads - app auto trim

2. Photos App will not complete a video trim

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos App will not complete a video trim: Been working on this for some time. I have a 2 minute video that the Photos App trim feature starts then either stalls and just sits there with that irritating circular thing or it will close. What would cause a particular video file to do that. I can edit other ones with not...
  3. Photos App will not complete a video trim

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos App will not complete a video trim: Been working on this for some time. I have a 2 minute video that the Photos App trim feature starts then either stalls and just sits there with that irritating circular thing or it will close. What would cause a particular video file to do that. I can edit other ones with not...
  4. Trimming a video

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trimming a video: I am trying to trim a video down in Microsoft photos but every time I click "save as" I get the below messageI can trim and edit the other videos in that same file without issue but this last one will not work. I have shut down and restarted my PC and left it a couple of...
  5. Photos App won't trim a video

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photos App won't trim a video: I'm trying to trim down an .avi file so I can send a short clip through email, I know there are a myriad of options such as file hosting and cloud storage to solve this, but the bosses want it sent through email so thats what they're gonna get. My problem is when I trim it...
  6. Trimming a video

Trimming a video: I have a video that is 424 MB and slightly too long. I want to trim it and upload to Vimeo where there is a 500MB limit. I trimmed the length in Photos app and I ended up with it the right length but the file had enlarged to 528MB. I then installed MS Simple Video Trim &...
  7. Trimming Videos in Photos app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trimming Videos in Photos app: Sometime in the last calendar year, you went from being able to choose the location of where you wanted the trimmed version of your video to be exported to from the Photos app, to only being able to automatically save the trimmed video to the same location as the source...
  8. Trimming videos using Photos App...

Trimming videos using Photos App...: Re: Trimming videos using the Photos App Any ideas why, when I trim an .mp4 created using Xbox game bar, that the resulting .mp4 is an exponentially smaller file? E.g. I cut 5 mins off a 2 hour video and the file size went from 2mb to .65mb? I personally don't notice...
  9. Searching for items in documents: section dividers

in Windows 10 Support
    Searching for items in documents: section dividers: v.1903; MS Office 2007 I do not recall making the change myself, but now, when I search for a folder or file, the list is in sections e.g A-H, 0-9. Quite simply, I would like to have an unbroken list to search through, but can't think how to achieve that. Your thoughts?...
  10. DOWNLOADS FOLDER DIVIDED INTO 6 SECTIONS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DOWNLOADS FOLDER DIVIDED INTO 6 SECTIONS: I RAN WIN 10 VER, 1903 X64 (KB450254) update. Now the DOWNLOADS folder is divided into 6 sections. I want the old setup back but don't see that option on the properties section. Bruk251...