Windows 10: Restore Default Items in Send to Context Menu in Windows 10

Discus and support Restore Default Items in Send to Context Menu in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Restore Default Items in Send to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Restore Default Send to Context Menu Items in Windows 10 The Send to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Restore Default Items in Send to Context Menu in Windows 10

How to: Restore Default Items in Send to Context Menu in Windows 10

How to Restore Default Send to Context Menu Items in Windows 10

The Send to context menu makes it easy for you to quickly send a copy of items (ex: files, folders, libraries) to Bluetooth device, Compressed (zipped) folder, Desktop (create shortcut), Documents, Fax recipient, Mail recipient, and removable and network drives.

To move an item instead of copy and item, you can also right click or press and hold on a file or folder, click/tap on Send to, press and hold the Shift key, and click/tap on a drive or folder in the Send to context menu.

This tutorial will help you to restore any missing default Send to context menu items for your account in Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: "Send to" context menu

Restore Default Items in Send to Context Menu in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .zip file below.
    SendTo.zip

Download
    2. Save the .zip file to your desktop.

3. Unblock the .zip file.

4. Open the SendTo.zip file. (see screenshot below)

5. Open File Explorer, copy and paste either location below into the address bar, and press Enter to open the SendTo folder. (see screenshots below)
    *Arrow shell:sendto

OR

*Arrow %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo

6. Drag and drop any missing shortcuts from the SendTo.zip file in step 4 into the SendTo folder in step 5.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Mar 5, 2017

2. Restore Missing Send To Compressed Zipped Folder in Send To Menu in Windows 10

Hello,

The tutorial below can help show you how to restore any missing default "Send To" context menu items for Windows 10.

Shawn Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Modify Title of Context Menu Item

This is curiously difficult. No one utility seems to offer a complete list of context menu entries as far as I know.

For example, using Shellmenuview, you can access the relevant entry in Regedit. For some it appears to offer the ability to change that text:

That's an installed program.

For others, it doesn't.

(That's a default Windows program....).

Note too the text appears in multiple places where the program is associated with multiple extensions.

The venerable ContextMenuEdit allows you to edit the text, but again, this is non-trivial- consider here the extension list supported by vlc player, undifferentiated in the left column:

To be consistent, each one would have to be edited- then if you changed player, all that would be lost.

Basically this, I suggest, is not worth pursuing except in very specific cases should there be a real need.

Considering the impact of upgrading, changes to installed program context menu entries should not be affected. Changes to Windows default entries- if that's even feasible, which I doubt, as I believe the text isn't in the registry, would be restored to default.

dalchina, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Clasurol Win User
    Restore "Explore" Item in Context Menus?

Windows 7 saw the removal of the "Explore" item in the context menus. I know why, it was redundant, but I still would like to restore it.

Here's the Recycle Bin context menu in Windows 2000:

Restore Default Items in Send to Context Menu in Windows 10 2sDNrz4.png

And the same context menu in W10 after a bit of editing:

Restore Default Items in Send to Context Menu in Windows 10 tKR4WoC.png

So, any tips on how to restore that option? Advice? Suggestions? I'd really like to find out to do it, and I would appreciate any input.

Cheers. *Smile

Clasurol, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Restore Default Items in Send to Context Menu in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Restore Default Items

2. How to add Create Restore Point item to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to add Create Restore Point item to Context Menu in Windows 10: System Protection is a feature that allows PC users to perform a system restore where you select an earlier point in time, called a system restore point that your system reverts to, in the event your PC isn’t working well and you recently installed an app, driver, or update....
  3. Set as default printer Context Menu item is missing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Set as default printer Context Menu item is missing in Windows 10: Typically, in Windows 10, you can right-click on a printer and the context menu will provide you an option to set that printer as default. Some PC users are reporting that this Set as default printer option is missing in Windows 10. This post provides the solution to this...
  4. Missing items in context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing items in context menu: I've noticed that when ever I right click on my Desktop: no longer have nvidia control panel as an option Files: no winrar options like add to archive Certain games: no locale emulator -> run in Japanese There's most likely other stuff missing from context menu too I just...
  5. Unwanted Context menu item

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted Context menu item: Hello to everybody! I would like some help with a Context menu item that I can't get rid of. Since I tried an application (Master PDF Editor 5), the item ''Open with Master PDF Editor 5'' has been added to the Context menu. When I right click on a pdf file, I see this item...
  6. Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu in Windows How to Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 You will see the Send to context menu when you right click on a file or folder in Windows. The Send to context...
  7. Arranging Context Menu Items.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Arranging Context Menu Items.: I spent yesterday fiddling with my context menu (Right-Click Menu). I downloaded and installed nearly a dozen different apps/programs. I settled on a couple and went to work adding commands. Here's the problem: Once the items show up in the Context/Right Click menu, there's...
  8. How do I add an item to the SEND TO context menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I add an item to the SEND TO context menu?: Lets say I right-click a folder in Windows Explorer. I want to be able to Send To -> My_Program When I Send To, can I assume that the item clicked is sent in variable %1 ? 65257
  9. Hidden items - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hidden items - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Hidden items - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Hidden items to Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information Hidden files, folders, and drives do not show by default in Windows. Windows protected system files (ex: desktop.ini files) are hidden by...
  10. Add or Remove Default New Context Menu Items in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Default New Context Menu Items in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Default New Context Menu Items in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Default New Context Menu Items in Windows 10 The New context menu allows users to quickly create a new item in the current location. The default New context menu items include to...