Windows 10: Is there *any* way to exit Windows 10 Home S mode whilst using...

Discus and support Is there *any* way to exit Windows 10 Home S mode whilst using... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; ...A local account? I am setting-up a new Laptop and S mode is new to me. As many of you will know, S mode apparently means that you can only download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rubbish, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Rubbish Win User

Is there *any* way to exit Windows 10 Home S mode whilst using...

...A local account? I am setting-up a new Laptop and S mode is new to me. As many of you will know, S mode apparently means that you can only download from the Microsoft store.

I much prefer to use a local account because I believe (rightly or wrongly) that it offers more privacy and I don't really want to use any of the additional features that come with a Microsoft-linked account.

I have followed the guides available on YouTube and with all it seems you need a 'linked' account top switch to Windows 10 Home from Windows 10 S Mode.

is there any way to do this with a local account at all?

Thanks for reading.

:)

Rubbish, Jan 13, 2020

2. how to exit safe mode in Windows 10

Hi Ron,

Thank you for responding.

I suggest you to try the below steps to exit from the Safe mode on Windows 10.

Steps to place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type msconfig and press
      Enter.
    • In the System Configuration window, click on
      General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as
      Normal startup, click on Apply
      and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue to assist you better.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 13, 2020
  3. Is there *any* way to exit Windows 10 Home S mode whilst using...

Hi Rubbish. Welcome to TenForums @Rubbish

Have you seen our tutorial

Switch out of S mode in Windows 10 for Free

It says you have to be an administrator. I know you have to use store but I've used store without an account. Yes it will ask if you have an account or suggest you to use an account.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jan 13, 2020
  4. Is there *any* way to exit Windows 10 Home S mode whilst using...

Black Screen issue for Exclusive Fullscreen mode when exiting or Alt+Tab to Desktop

Hi,

Issues with exiting from a game in full-screen mode may occur due to several reasons. It is possible that your video card driver is not updated or not compatible with the current configuration of your PC. To properly isolate your concern, please provide
    us the following information:

• Are you using a dual monitor display?
    • Does the issue occur when exiting the games from windowed mode?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far to resolve the issue?
    • Have you tried to update your video card drivers?

In the meantime, we suggest that you install all the critical and important Windows Updates on your computer by following the steps on this

link

Loraine Mon, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

Is there *any* way to exit Windows 10 Home S mode whilst using...

1. Is there *any* way to exit Windows 10 Home S mode whilst using... - Similar Threads - *any* exit Home

2. Windows 10 Home S Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home S Mode: I've been working on a HP laptop that has Windows 10 Home in S Mode, and I'm trying to take it out of S mode. This is what I've done: 1. Went to settings > windows updates > activation and clicked on the link to get out of S mode. Clicked on get, logged in with a Microsoft...
  3. Stuck in Windows 10 Home S Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stuck in Windows 10 Home S Mode: New Asus laptop with Windows 10 Home in S Mode -updated to latest version of Windows version 1903 through Windows Update -Went to Microsoft Store and went through process of updating Get button opened popups to continue, had to log into Windows Account -Popups went away -...
  4. Is there *any* way to exit Windows 10 Home S mode whilst using...

Is there *any* way to exit Windows 10 Home S mode whilst using...: ...A local account? I am setting-up a new Laptop and S mode is new to me. As many of you will know, S mode apparently means that you can only download from the Microsoft store. I much prefer to use a local account because I believe (rightly or wrongly) that it offers more...
  5. how do I exit S mode?

how do I exit S mode?: How do I exit S mode in order to install Chrome browser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-exit-s-mode/c8459aad-1f9f-4158-8220-0dcb96e3f3ac
  6. Windows 10 Home in S-mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Home in S-mode: I just bought a new Lenovo computer with Windows 10 Home in S-mode. My question is this: If I get out of S-mode, do I still have Windows 10 Home running? Or am I forced to buy something else? Thank you. Ian...
  7. Windows S mode to Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows S mode to Windows 10 Home: I'm looking to purchase a new laptop to just run one program. But, the least expensive laptop I found, with Windows, has Windows S mode. I found a Microsoft web-page that states how to convert Windows S mode to Windows. I've also read that once you convert to Windows (from S...
  8. Windows 10 Home in S mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Home in S mode: Hi, I have about 80 laptops i have purchased and it came with the Windows 10 Home in S mode. I want to switch over to the Windows 10 home. I now know how to do it, however; i cannot do this manually for all the 80 systems. Is there a easy way to do this across all devices?...
  9. Exiting Windows 10 S Mode on the Galaxy Book 2

Exiting Windows 10 S Mode on the Galaxy Book 2: Hello, I am getting conflicting information on the viability of exiting Win10 S mode on the Galaxy Book 2 (GB2). The device has the specs to run the full version of Windows 10 but Samsung has advised against it without being able to provide me with a specific reason why. I...
  10. Windows 10 Home in S Mode

Windows 10 Home in S Mode: Hi, Please let me know how to disable Windows 10 Home in S Mode? Already I followed following steps: Microsoft Store App > In the app, search for "switch out of s mode" On the Switch out of S mode, selected Get button but it says unable to upgrade Try again. Let me...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. manually exit s mode windows 10