Windows 10: Is there *any* way to exit Windows 10 Home S mode whilst using...

Discus and support Is there *any* way to exit Windows 10 Home S mode whilst using... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; ...A local account? I am setting-up a new Laptop and S mode is new to me. As many of you will know, S mode apparently means that you can only download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rubbish, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Rubbish Win User

Is there *any* way to exit Windows 10 Home S mode whilst using...

...A local account? I am setting-up a new Laptop and S mode is new to me. As many of you will know, S mode apparently means that you can only download from the Microsoft store.

I much prefer to use a local account because I believe (rightly or wrongly) that it offers more privacy and I don't really want to use any of the additional features that come with a Microsoft-linked account.

I have followed the guides available on YouTube and with all it seems you need a 'linked' account top switch to Windows 10 Home from Windows 10 S Mode.

is there any way to do this with a local account at all?

Thanks for reading.

:)

Rubbish, Jan 14, 2020

2. how to exit safe mode in Windows 10

Hi Ron,

Thank you for responding.

I suggest you to try the below steps to exit from the Safe mode on Windows 10.

Steps to place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type msconfig and press
      Enter.
    • In the System Configuration window, click on
      General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as
      Normal startup, click on Apply
      and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue to assist you better.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Is there *any* way to exit Windows 10 Home S mode whilst using...

Hi Rubbish. Welcome to TenForums @Rubbish

Have you seen our tutorial

Switch out of S mode in Windows 10 for Free

It says you have to be an administrator. I know you have to use store but I've used store without an account. Yes it will ask if you have an account or suggest you to use an account.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Is there *any* way to exit Windows 10 Home S mode whilst using...

Black Screen issue for Exclusive Fullscreen mode when exiting or Alt+Tab to Desktop

Hi,

Issues with exiting from a game in full-screen mode may occur due to several reasons. It is possible that your video card driver is not updated or not compatible with the current configuration of your PC. To properly isolate your concern, please provide
    us the following information:

• Are you using a dual monitor display?
    • Does the issue occur when exiting the games from windowed mode?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far to resolve the issue?
    • Have you tried to update your video card drivers?

In the meantime, we suggest that you install all the critical and important Windows Updates on your computer by following the steps on this

link

Loraine Mon, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

Is there *any* way to exit Windows 10 Home S mode whilst using...

1. Is there *any* way to exit Windows 10 Home S mode whilst using... - Similar Threads - *any* exit Home

2. how to exit mode s

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to exit mode s: how to exit mode s https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-exit-mode-s/1bb5f2cf-2e1b-43a3-920a-6e82b24a10a1
  3. how to exit mode s

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to exit mode s: how to exit mode s https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-exit-mode-s/1bb5f2cf-2e1b-43a3-920a-6e82b24a10a1
  4. exit s mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    exit s mode: No matter what I try, I cannot exit s mode. the gray get button will not allow me to exit s mode. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exit-s-mode/e035eb9b-ac41-4436-9d8a-a9bd4c16f3e6
  5. exit s mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    exit s mode: No matter what I try, I cannot exit s mode. the gray get button will not allow me to exit s mode. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exit-s-mode/e035eb9b-ac41-4436-9d8a-a9bd4c16f3e6
  6. Exit s Mode in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Exit s Mode in windows 10: Suddenly my computer prevented access to several internet sites for "authenticity" reasons. I consider this contrary to my requirements and I tried to exit. I follow instructions t Microsoft Store and there is no mention of "Exit s mode". I would appreciate help to solve...
  7. Can't Exit S Mode

Can't Exit S Mode: Hi, My Laptop seems to now be stuck in S mode. I've had the laptop for around 10 months and I left it on for an update overnight about 2 days ago and when I turned it on the day after I was unable to exit S mode. I do not have a license key and therefore had no license...
  8. Exit S Mode

Exit S Mode: Do I have to delete Microoft Edge altogether, to get and have what I want on my laptop? I'm about to! Brand new laptop-HP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exit-s-mode/8f075248-e6bd-47f3-96a8-7e1980e72f30
  9. Is there *any* way to exit Windows 10 Home S mode whilst using...

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there *any* way to exit Windows 10 Home S mode whilst using...: ...A local account? I am setting-up a new Laptop and S mode is new to me. As many of you will know, S mode apparently means that you can only download from the Microsoft store. I much prefer to use a local account because I believe (rightly or wrongly) that it offers more...
  10. Windows 10 Home in S mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Home in S mode: Hi, I have about 80 laptops i have purchased and it came with the Windows 10 Home in S mode. I want to switch over to the Windows 10 home. I now know how to do it, however; i cannot do this manually for all the 80 systems. Is there a easy way to do this across all devices?...