Windows 10: Is there any way to move your boot files?

Discus and support Is there any way to move your boot files? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So When I downloaded my windows 10 I had many ssd's and hardrives connected and while downloading windows to my samsung 970 pro the boot files (the odd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AarneP, Mar 8, 2019.

1. AarneP Win User

Is there any way to move your boot files?

So When I downloaded my windows 10 I had many ssd's and hardrives connected and while downloading windows to my samsung 970 pro the boot files (the odd 500mt thing) went to my intel 730p and I was thinking is it possible easily move them to my best ssd? Is there any way to move your boot files? 7d5c8870-f1c4-44e1-a609-75aef870e0cb?upload=true.png

:)

AarneP, Mar 8, 2019
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Mar 8, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
    Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Bree, Mar 8, 2019
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Boot files not loaded

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you update the graphics driver. You may visit the manufacturer's support site to find the latest graphics driver.

You can also run the System File Check tool to check if there is system file corruption.
    To run the tool, follow these steps:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Startbutton, then select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Enter sfc /scannow

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mark Ole, Mar 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Is there any way to move your boot files? - Similar Threads - move boot files

2. Is there any way to organize your desktop icons in this way?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to organize your desktop icons in this way?: So i was recently trying to clean up my desktop as you can tell I probably needed it when I got the idea to add transparent squares on top of my background so I could sort my desktop icons while still being able to see my background. However, the desktop icons touches the...
  3. Is there any way to organize your desktop icons in this way?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any way to organize your desktop icons in this way?: So i was recently trying to clean up my desktop as you can tell I probably needed it when I got the idea to add transparent squares on top of my background so I could sort my desktop icons while still being able to see my background. However, the desktop icons touches the...
  4. Blue screen and not booting in any way

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen and not booting in any way: I was using my laptop suddenly a blue screen apeared and it rebooted automatically but was unable to boot.I tried to force close and start again but it didn't work.I tried to enter automatic repair but didn't work. I also used usb bootable pendrive still failed.What could be...
  5. Blue screen and not booting in any way

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen and not booting in any way: I was using my laptop suddenly a blue screen apeared and it rebooted automatically but was unable to boot.I tried to force close and start again but it didn't work.I tried to enter automatic repair but didn't work. I also used usb bootable pendrive still failed.What could be...
  6. Blue screen and not booting in any way

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Is there any way to move the Start menu to the center?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there any way to move the Start menu to the center?: Hello, is there any way to move the start menu to the center? My PC isn't compatible with Windows 11, as it doesn't have a TPM, so I got a theme but only the start button has moved. So, is there any way to move the start menu to the center? I'm on Windows 10 Pro, if that...
  8. Safe way to move files/folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Safe way to move files/folders: Hello, My two-month-old Dell G7's OS(C:) has only 64GB free of 219GB. This is my first gaming laptop with the SSD/HDD combination; I now realise that I should have directed some files and folders to DATA(D:) from the beginning. I have begun to Move some and I get error code...
  9. Is there a way to move .blend files to disc?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there a way to move .blend files to disc?: A blender file of mine is exceedingly large. I only want it present on my PC when I am actively working on it. I've tried with error...can I move it from File Explorer to the disc?...
  10. file forensics: any way to recover moved file?

in Windows 10 Support
    file forensics: any way to recover moved file?: Last night I moved--not copied--a file from my Dell Latitude Win 10 laptop's SSD to a thumb drive. To be precise, I think that I clicked on the file in Windows Explorer in the laptop, then cut it via ctrl-x, and then pasted it onto the flash drive with ctrl-v. I then safely...