Windows 10: Is there someway to change titlebar text color?

Discus and support Is there someway to change titlebar text color? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there a way to change titlebar text color? like for active and inactive title bars? I mean I really do not understand at all why they removed all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Scyris, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Scyris Win User

Is there someway to change titlebar text color?

Is there a way to change titlebar text color? like for active and inactive title bars? I mean I really do not understand at all why they removed all these customization options in windows 10, that even windows 95, 98, xp, me, vista, 7 and I think 8 had.

:)

Scyris, Aug 8, 2015
  2. PDQpat Win User

Creators Update ruined my fonts

After the Creator's udpate, I notice that every window's Titlebar and Menu bar is now
    too tiny to read. In the Settings > System > Display > Scale/layout I had set 125% which used to take care of tiny text. I had also changed some advanced settings to use larger
    text - I can't find these settings any more. There's nothing helpful in "Personalization" settings. I shouldn't need a new "theme" just to be able to read the titlebar!

While I'm at it, I chose a nice medium green for my taskbar and the titlebar is the same colour. BUT the taskbar is WHITE text and the titlebar is BLACK text. So neither is a good contrast for readability. What a disaster!

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

PDQpat, Aug 8, 2015
  3. DaPaul Win User
    How do I change the titlebar text

Hi

I cannot change the text in the titlebar in Windows Mobile.

How do I go about that?

Best regards

Poul

DaPaul, Aug 8, 2015
  4. Is there someway to change titlebar text color?

Agreed.

And, how can we change Titlebar size? It's too big.

Florida Rene, Aug 8, 2015
  5. Nope, you can thank the hipster idiots at Microsoft for really "listening" to what people want in an operating system and don't worry I feel your pain, among countless others that simply cannot tell the difference between an active and inactive Window. Some 10 fanbois go as far as to call it "nitpicking" but honestly its not, its a simple basic feature that should be available to all. Hopefully the idiots at Microsoft will put this feature back in. What would help is if you report feedback in your W10 feedback to Microsoft search for color title bars or customization and keep spamming them and tell your friends.

Right now, this is the only work around to get color titlebars, but to let you know in advance it changes the text to black unfortunately, which you cannot change. So pick a lighter color so you can at lease read your Windows. Good luck.

Color of Window Borders and Title Bars - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

'Personalize (classic)' context menu - Add in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

heyyahblah, Aug 9, 2015
  6. Winaero Tweaker does both change the colors, and size. You can get it from winaero.com.

Bobby Phoenix, Aug 9, 2015
  7. heyyahblah: Thank you for your sympathies!

Bobby Phoenix: How safe are tweaks from winaero?

Florida Rene, Aug 9, 2015
  8. swarfega Win User

I can recommend Winaero, there are all sorts of visual customisations you can do with it.

swarfega, Aug 9, 2015
  9. Very safe. I've been using tools from there for years. Never had an issue.

Bobby Phoenix, Aug 9, 2015
  10. I'll give it a try. Thank you.

Florida Rene, Aug 9, 2015
  11. Good Morning, Bobby. Here's my promised report on trying WinAero Tweaker and PPanel.

WinAero Tweaker worked to change font in windows Title Bars. Excellent. Thank you for the suggestion.

But it:
    • failed to adjust Title Bar height
    • did not adjust Icon separations either horiz or vert
    • completely knocked out my theme which Win10 Display won't restore now. Going back to a Restore Point didn't get it either.

Funny thing is, my chosen theme is a photo in the Windows 10 and 7 options.

Florida Rene, Aug 10, 2015
  12. tfwul Win User
    The Windows 10 title bar color is crap indeed, sorry to say. By default it is all white and it sometimes is really difficult to see differences when window panes are overlapping.
    Windows 10 has soo little features on as far as themes. I don't like black/dark ones, I don't like all kinds of pictures, but like soft gradient blue color ones. Windows 10 offers solid ones only.

tfwul, Aug 10, 2015
  13. Is there someway to change titlebar text color?

What option exactly did you use to adjust the height? And are you using 0.3.1.1 version of Tweaker?

I'm not sure by what Icons you are talking about.

When you select to apply colored title bars as in Windows 8/8.1 it defaults to the default theme. You should be able to just click on the photo, right click, and set as background.

EDIT - Also if you're not liking the changes it did just go back to each thing you applied, and click the Reset to defaults. See if that helps with your original theme.

Bobby Phoenix, Aug 10, 2015
  14. Oh, how I wish you were right, Bobby!

Yes, I'm using 0.3.1.1.
    Yes, I used the same Title Bar height spec you illustrated, but it did not take...twice.
    Yes, I tried right-clicking the photo, but it did not offer a "set as background choice" so I saved it, resaved it under another name, and neither worked. Grrrr. As frustrating as the Buccaneers' Offensive Line!

Florida Rene, Aug 10, 2015
  15. See if you can reset all things in Tweaker back to defaults with the Reset to default button.

Go to the full theme selection option (Theme settings under Themes), and see if your old theme that had the photo you wanted is there. If so click on it to see if it applies. If it is not there try selecting the default them to set all options back to the original Windows 10 theme. If that works hopefully you can try again either with your theme you had before trying Tweaker, or just try one option at a time to see what it does.

Bobby Phoenix, Aug 10, 2015
Thema:

1. Is there someway to change titlebar text color? - Similar Threads - someway change titlebar

2. broken titlebar's text on wsl2 ubuntu-22.04LTS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    broken titlebar's text on wsl2 ubuntu-22.04LTS: I am using wsl2 ubuntu-22.04LTS on window 11.The text of the titlebar of all the terminals is broken. They are displayed in greek letters. For example, see the attached image, titlebar of the gnuplot window from the command: gnuplot>plot x It seems that some font setting is...
  3. changing color of boarder text

in Windows 10 Customization
    changing color of boarder text: my question is when i am using multiple tabs using chrome if you can see the top left corner the google word is in white text but if you click on the taskbar or if you click folder etc that will turn into black which makes my eyes sore i want to know how to make that text...
  4. Change my text color

Change my text color: I am unable to see the text written on my screen and it is very light blue. All I want is to have solid white with my background and vice versa with black if white background.. Please will you help Thanks Kellie...
  5. Text changing color

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Text changing color: [ATTACH] Does anyone know how to fix this? I got my Windows 10 laptop on Christmas and this issue started happening shortly after, where the text randomly turns green, purple, or pink. It stopped happening and recently started again. I've not messed with the graphics...
  6. Text and background color change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Text and background color change: Following the last automatic update to Windowws the background color and text color chnges on Excel and message boxesl ike this one. How to I change it back so I can see what is being entered?...
  7. Change Color of Yellow text

Change Color of Yellow text: I need to change the color of some of the reference points, referrals text or link (click on) points text so I can read them easier, this is what I'm talking about. All I find on internet is info of High contrast from Desktop Display, personalize , that doesn't do what I am...
  8. Change Color of Yellow text

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Color of Yellow text: I need to change the color of some of the reference points, referrals text or link (click on) points text so I can read them easier, this is what I'm talking about. All I find on internet is info of High contrast from Desktop Display, personalize , that doesn't do what I am...
  9. Changing text colors for programs ?

Changing text colors for programs ?: Several programs I use have dark backgrounds with dark colored text, such as black background with dark blue text, someone told me there's a way to change text colors in the programs through windows 10 settings, is that correct? if so how ? 38903
  10. Change color of "More apps" text

Change color of "More apps" text: I just read this tutorial, and I had no trouble following it, but there's another color I would like to change. In the image below I would like to change the color of the text inside the red rectangle. Is there a way to do that? [img] You might not be able to see the...