Windows 10: Is this ransomware?

Discus and support Is this ransomware? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was looking for something in ebay, using edge on 18317 build, when a box flashed onto the screen telling me that 3 viruses had been detected. I shut... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by tinmar49, Jan 20, 2019.

1. tinmar49 Win User

Is this ransomware?

I was looking for something in ebay, using edge on 18317 build, when a box flashed onto the screen telling me that 3 viruses had been detected. I shut down the internet immediately. I then ran Malwarebytes free and nothing was detected, so I ran the WD offline scan, and later a full WD scan. Nothing was detected.
    Later, I was running the same pc with W10 Professional using a different ssd and the same thing happened, and I performed the same scans with no hits.
    Any thoughts?*Confused

:)

tinmar49, Jan 20, 2019

2. I have been infected with Ransomware

Oh.

I see that a Community Moderator converted your thread from a Discussion to a Question.

Do you have a question?

It is not quite clear (to me at least) why you've created this thread....

In case that you do indeed have a problem with ransomware:

It would be helpful if you would describe your problem more precisely, see:
    Suggestions for asking a question on help forums

Without knowing more details, suggestion to read/do:

Try to identify with what Ransomware you're dealing here:
    https://id-ransomware.malwarehunterteam.com/index.php

and read/follow this guide:
    How to remove ransomware the right way: A step-by-step guide

Also: See the pinned threads here:
    https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/239/ransomware-help-tech-support/

Might be the best to get free expert help in above mentioned bleepingcomputer forum....

=======================

Also suggestion to read:

Jsssssssss, Jan 20, 2019
  3. Is this ransomware?

How do I reset Edge when get ransomware?

What do you mean by "when get ransomware"?

It would be helpful if you would describe your problem more precisely, see:
    Suggestions for asking a question on help forums

Without knowing more details, suggestion to read/do:

Try to identify with what Ransomware you're dealing here:
    https://id-ransomware.malwarehunterteam.com/index.php

and read/follow this guide:
    How to remove ransomware the right way: A step-by-step guide

Also: See the pinned threads here:
    https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/239/ransomware-help-tech-support/

Might be the best to get free expert help in above mentioned bleepingcomputer forum....

======

For resetting of Edge see:

Jsssssssss, Jan 20, 2019
Thema:

Is this ransomware?

1. Is this ransomware? - Similar Threads - ransomware

2. What is the difference between ransomware and Microsoft's Bitlocker?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the difference between ransomware and Microsoft's Bitlocker?: Not a lot. I have never consented to have Bitlocker on my device and yet I have this mystery code that I am unable to access in order for me to access my own data. And yes I have tried all the useless suggestions from Microsoft. I have just had to pay £150 to have my computer...
  3. What is the difference between ransomware and Microsoft's Bitlocker?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the difference between ransomware and Microsoft's Bitlocker?: Not a lot. I have never consented to have Bitlocker on my device and yet I have this mystery code that I am unable to access in order for me to access my own data. And yes I have tried all the useless suggestions from Microsoft. I have just had to pay £150 to have my computer...
  4. What is the difference between ransomware and Microsoft's Bitlocker?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How do I recover files from a ransomware?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I recover files from a ransomware?: A friend of mine experienced a cyberattack. This is the second time in the last year. The person got hacked.They want to recover their files from a Wiaw ransomware attack. How do they do that? Please help. Their OS is Windows 11 intel i3core desktop....
  6. How do I recover files from a ransomware?

How do I recover files from a ransomware?: A friend of mine experienced a cyberattack. This is the second time in the last year. The person got hacked.They want to recover their files from a Wiaw ransomware attack. How do they do that? Please help. Their OS is Windows 11 intel i3core desktop....
  7. How to factory reset a computer due to ransomware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to factory reset a computer due to ransomware: My mom has been good with her laptop until suddenly she was not. She was reading an article and something popped up saying the laptop had a problem and she needed to contact Microsoft, and it gave a number to call. She called "Microsoft", and they remoted into her computer....
  8. How to factory reset a computer due to ransomware

How to factory reset a computer due to ransomware: My mom has been good with her laptop until suddenly she was not. She was reading an article and something popped up saying the laptop had a problem and she needed to contact Microsoft, and it gave a number to call. She called "Microsoft", and they remoted into her computer....
  9. How can i remove this ransom:BAT/DisableDefender.A!dha ransomware form my computer

How can i remove this ransom:BAT/DisableDefender.A!dha ransomware form my computer: How can i remove this ransom:BAT/DisableDefender.A!dha ransomware form my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-remove-this-ransombatdisabledefenderadha/dccde4b0-7a93-46b5-8411-6cf46ad72e94
  10. How can i remove this ransom:BAT/DisableDefender.A!dha ransomware form my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i remove this ransom:BAT/DisableDefender.A!dha ransomware form my computer: How can i remove this ransom:BAT/DisableDefender.A!dha ransomware form my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-remove-this-ransombatdisabledefenderadha/dccde4b0-7a93-46b5-8411-6cf46ad72e94

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what this ransomware