Windows 10: Is uninstall of Win 10 as simple as...?

Discus and support Is uninstall of Win 10 as simple as...? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I guess that is one way to do it. And you are right - the Windows recovery DVD can be used to reconfigure the bootmgr in case that this gets mucked up.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GARoss, Nov 4, 2014.

1. WHS
    whs Win User

Is uninstall of Win 10 as simple as...?

I guess that is one way to do it. And you are right - the Windows recovery DVD can be used to reconfigure the bootmgr in case that this gets mucked up. You can also get a Win7 .iso from here.

At the time when I wrote this tutorial EasyBCD was freeware. It's only since recently that they charge for it.

2. GARoss Win User

Years ago I used EasyBCD while trying Linux & it was free.

I went ahead & followed steps 1-7 & all went smooth. After step 5, I had the choice of rebooting now or later. I chose now & booted into Win 7 with no problem. Disk Management was a breeze. All in all it all the whole process took about 10 minutes!

From what I've seen, Windows 10 looks good. It's quite different than Win 7 but no big deal. At this time I really don't have time to work with Win 10 all that much but Win 10 seems to be very stable anyway.

My best to everyone. Thanks for all who helped! *Thumbs

GARoss, Nov 5, 2014
  3. Your screenshot shows that the System partition booting both OS's is System Reserved on Disk0 as signified by the System flag. This is to be expected when you install another OS - it merely updates the boot files already residing on the other OS's System partition.

We know this for sure because you are booted into the TP as signified by the Boot flag on its partition - that's all that flag means, what's presently booted.

So you were good to go to simply delete the TP when ready without worry about Win7 remaining bootable.

It seems since posting the screenshot you removed the Boot menu listing via mscconfig>Boot. This only removes the listing in the boot menu and does not delete the OS which is done by deleting its partition in Disk Mgmt.

Is uninstall of Win 10 as simple as...? [​IMG]

gregrocker, Nov 6, 2014
  4. GARoss Win User

Thanks GregRocker. Actually, I did delete & expanded D: to its original capacity again but didn't phrase my explanation, "...Disk Management was a breeze. All in all it all the whole process took about 10 minutes!", clearly.

It can be fun, but risky for a novice like myself to venture in unknown areas such as untested OS. Novice intentions are good & we want to contribute but we fail to know the in & out how-to's. We are at the mercy of those who have multiple OS platform knowledge & the history behind each one. A novice boots their computer most every day.

Apparently, Windows has changed how their boot works since Win 7 (?). All my user PC info is listed in this forums System Specs at the bottom of my post. I built my PC & clean installed Win 7 with the install DVD. This partitioned my unused SSD HDD with System Reserve where the boot is located. Other PC makers, Dell & HP, do this differently. Win 8 uses uEFI, not BIOS (?) so it boots differently. As a novice, I had no idea where the boot was until I did lots of reading.

My point being there were several posts suggesting various ways to uninstall Win 10. Thanks to the members of this forum, the process was made clear & was actually an easy procedure.

GARoss, Nov 6, 2014
  5. DavidE Win User
    There is still a EasyBCD free version available at the vendor's website:
    EasyBCD

It seems they requested Download.com remove the direct-download link for this.
    Maybe the link in the tutorial should be updated ?

DavidE, Nov 6, 2014
  6. It's not really that much different from Win7 disk configuration so far. The System partition is booting the OS or Dual Boot, Active flag points to the intended System partition, Boot flag means the OS that is presently booted from that partition.

Logical partitions cannot hold System flags until converted, but can host OS install.

It's always best to ask for a screenshot of Disk Management - How to Post a Screenshot of or else blind instructions may be given that won't work due to Logical partitions, EFI install instead of Legacy MBR format, a derailed System partition onto data partition about 30% of the time.

EFI is different since there may be two System partitions but no Active flags or Logical in GPT format.

Here is the good stable link I have for EasyBCD (click Download - no Name or Email required)
    from it's author's site.

gregrocker, Nov 6, 2014
  7. GARoss Win User
    This is great advice. This should be SOP. This would allow all posters to understand the thread starters system in order to make accurate suggestions.

I downloaded EasyBCD 2.2 for future use. Thanks!

GARoss, Nov 6, 2014
  8. WHS
    whs Win User

There is still a EasyBCD free version available at the vendor's website:
    EasyBCD

It seems they requested Download.com remove the direct-download link for this.
    Maybe the link in the tutorial should be updated ? Updated the link in the tutorial. Thanks.

Thema:

1. Is uninstall of Win 10 as simple as...? - Similar Threads - uninstall simple

2. Cannot uninstall McAfee no matter what I do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot uninstall McAfee no matter what I do: I am using an old HP laptop running Windows 10. I have searched and tried everything I’ve found, I cannot get McAfee off my computer. It’s constantly running, taking up memory and disk space, and ending the task in task manager does nothing. My computer is already using...
  3. yesterday my xbox app on pc wasn't working so i tried to uninstall it and reinstall it, but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    yesterday my xbox app on pc wasn't working so i tried to uninstall it and reinstall it, but...: everything is stuck on pending https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yesterday-my-xbox-app-on-pc-wasnt-working-so-i/4fa790cc-3195-44eb-9536-9f31bddc21ac
  4. Cannot uninstall McAfee no matter what I do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot uninstall McAfee no matter what I do: I am using an old HP laptop running Windows 10. I have searched and tried everything I’ve found, I cannot get McAfee off my computer. It’s constantly running, taking up memory and disk space, and ending the task in task manager does nothing. My computer is already using...
  5. yesterday my xbox app on pc wasn't working so i tried to uninstall it and reinstall it, but...

yesterday my xbox app on pc wasn't working so i tried to uninstall it and reinstall it, but...: everything is stuck on pending https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yesterday-my-xbox-app-on-pc-wasnt-working-so-i/4fa790cc-3195-44eb-9536-9f31bddc21ac
  6. Cannot uninstall McAfee no matter what I do

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. yesterday my xbox app on pc wasn't working so i tried to uninstall it and reinstall it, but...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. A simple attempt to uninstall and reinstall Sea of Thieves led to a whole list of other...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A simple attempt to uninstall and reinstall Sea of Thieves led to a whole list of other...: I was trying to redownload sea of thieves when Microsoft store greyed out the install button or it got stuck on starting download. It also can't be my download or upload speeds because my download and upload speeds are around 300mbps. I then assumed updating my pc which is...
  9. A simple attempt to uninstall and reinstall Sea of Thieves led to a whole list of other...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A simple attempt to uninstall and reinstall Sea of Thieves led to a whole list of other...: I was trying to redownload sea of thieves when Microsoft store greyed out the install button or it got stuck on starting download. It also can't be my download or upload speeds because my download and upload speeds are around 300mbps. I then assumed updating my pc which is...
  10. A simple attempt to uninstall and reinstall Sea of Thieves led to a whole list of other...