Windows 10: ISO corruption , very annoying.

Discus and support ISO corruption , very annoying. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; By any chance have you check the MD5 & SHA-1 Hashes for ISO file ??? See if these come up for you and this is for 10 pro 64 bit SHA-1 >>>>... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by fredc, Aug 13, 2015.

1. fredc Win User

ISO corruption , very annoying.

[/quote]
    Thanks but no thanks lol, i'm lucky to get past the log in screen at this point , i'll tackle hashes in a few years.

fredc, Aug 14, 2015
  2. fredc Win User

I'm trying the "media creation tool" now , will see how it goes. Latest ISO download failed again.

fredc, Aug 14, 2015
  3. fredc Win User
    The "media creation tool" worked fine but i realized it's not what i wanted since i already have Win 10 installed , i wanted to install clean from an ISO but again downloading just the ISO direct was a failure .

fredc, Aug 14, 2015
  4. sn00ker Win User

I understand what your saying but I'm saying check the ISO file that you are trying to use and see if the MD5 hash is the same and if it is then you will know that the ISO file isn't corrupted but rather something else like maybe the disk itself or what ever but at least you will know for sure whether the ISO file itself is good or not . Do you know how to use the program ? It's very easy to do

sn00ker, Aug 14, 2015
  5. There are two option for the Media Creation tool,
    • Upgrade this PC now
      This does the upgrade from the server

• Create installation media for another PC
      This downloads the ISO file. The title is mis-worded in my opinion - you might want to install it on This PC later *Wink
      Better would be to simply say Download the Win10 ISO to create installation media

ISO corruption ,  very annoying. [​IMG]

Anyway ... if you want the ISO, select the 2nd option. You'll be offered a few choices.

To create install media on a flash drive, see:
    How to Create a Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10 (TenForums.com)

This tutorial has three options
    Create using the Media Creation Tool (MCT)
    Create using Rufus
    Create using the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool

Choose which media to use
    -> Select ISO file (the tutorial points to Create a USB flash drive, but I suggest ISO file)

When the download is finished - follow OPTION TWO - create with Rufus
    If the process fails for whatever reason, you can try again. The most common cause of failure is a faulty Flash drive - try a different Flash drive or a larger capacity Flash drive (4 GB should be fine, 8 GB definitely) A USB 2.0 fl;ash drive is fine, you don't need the extra speed USB 3.0 offers.

Slartybart, Aug 14, 2015
  6. fredc Win User
    OK thanks guys , i just ran sfc/scannow and it said there were corrupted files that couldn't be fixed with the chkdsk/f option , any other way to fix these?

Thank you

fredc, Aug 14, 2015
  7. Ztruker Win User
    Run these in sequence from a Elevated Command Prompt:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    SFC /scannow

If anyone fails, run it and the one after it again.

Ztruker, Aug 15, 2015
  8. fredc Win User

Thanks will try when i get home later , will let you know.

fredc, Aug 15, 2015
  9. SFC reported errors about files and referenced CHKDSK?
    Is that right?

After following Ztruker's suggestion,

Launch and elevated Command Prompt and run a Read-only Disk Check

chkdsk C:
    *** do not add any parameters

then run Disk Check again with the fix parameter

chkdsk C: /f
    *** this should prompt you to schedule the check on the next boot, answer yes

Restart your machine - Disk Check will run before Windows loads

Try SFC again.

Slartybart, Aug 15, 2015
  10. The Media Creation tool checks the integrity of the download after it has been downloaded.
    It's very strange that it should be corrupted.
    Where are you saving the download to?

teachermark, Aug 15, 2015
  11. fredc Win User
    First one completed successfully , second command said needs to find directory where files are located to replace corrupt files so that one gave an error .

sfc/scannow gave a corrupt files message again as expected from the failure of the second command.

fredc, Aug 15, 2015
  12. These may be on the CD or the USB stick that you installed Windows from.
    If the disc isn't in the CD player or the USB isn't plugged in then the recovery files won't be found.

(At least, I think so!) *cry

teachermark, Aug 15, 2015
  13. fredc Win User

Tried this one multiple times, including the "f" but (minus the capital C after command ) and the corrupted files seem to never get fixed , i keep getting the same " chkdsk was unable to fix some of them" message.

fredc, Aug 15, 2015
  14. fredc Win User
    Very good point , i did copy the creation tool download on to a blank DVD but have not used it , i will post a screenshot of whats on it.

I am just confused about the correct command . I installed Windows without a DVD or USB stick , just followed the upgrade from MS so far.

I will try the second command again with DVD installed , hoping it works.

fredc, Aug 15, 2015
  15. fredc Win User
    Just tried and this is what i got.

fredc, Aug 15, 2015
Thema:

1. ISO corruption , very annoying. - Similar Threads - ISO corruption very

2. please help me this is getting very annoying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    please help me this is getting very annoying: i usually play games on my laptop and i get lag spikes, not the typical internet lag spikes but the whole laptop, even if im not using internet it happens, please respond ASAP. p.s: i have windows 10 activated -daveyboih...
  3. A problem in Windows 11 that is very annoying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A problem in Windows 11 that is very annoying: I installed Windows 11 a few months ago and my storage is a hard driveHDDAfter installing Windows 11, it was fast and good for a month, but after a month, sometimes it took 3 minutes to boot, while in Windows 10, it only took 40 seconds to boot, and this was very annoying....
  4. A problem in Windows 11 that is very annoying

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A problem in Windows 11 that is very annoying: I installed Windows 11 a few months ago and my storage is a hard driveHDDAfter installing Windows 11, it was fast and good for a month, but after a month, sometimes it took 3 minutes to boot, while in Windows 10, it only took 40 seconds to boot, and this was very annoying....
  5. the auto loginfeature is very annoying

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    the auto loginfeature is very annoying: So I'm a student that uses a platform from my school called 1link and we have all of our school links on that site but the thing is you have to log on thru Microsoft and Microsoft has this dumb auto-login feature where if someone else logs in on Microsoft their user gets...
  6. How to get rid of this thing very annoying...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to get rid of this thing very annoying...: [ATTACH]Please help!! I do not want this icon <<<< here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-rid-of-this-thing-very-annoying/f724e6fb-f676-4d81-b971-db237d193017
  7. Annoying ISO files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Annoying ISO files: Hello Community. I run a YouTube channel named Windows Whistler I am trying to make my first video right now, and I'm trying to do a tutorial of how to Download Windows 8.1. I am on a laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X250. I went to Microsoft's Media Creation tool for Windows 8.1, and...
  8. Very annoying problem with signing in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Very annoying problem with signing in: So last night, I downloaded a driver to supposedly help with the Omen gaming panel. However, this morning when I woke up, I signed in but as I was doing so, it said ‘preparing windows’. To my surprise, all my ‘settings’ on my laptop were reset and I was welcomed with a...
  9. Well, this is a huge mess and very, very annoying

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Well, this is a huge mess and very, very annoying: When I configure microsoft store to install my games on drive D, it happens, it is this mess leaving everything ugly and confusing and the worst is that I can not even put this mess in a single folder, has to be exposed on drive D, I like to leave all my computer well...
  10. Very annoying pop-up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very annoying pop-up: I keep seeing this very annoying pop-up but cannot work out how to stop it. It often pops up in Wordpad or Word, and in other places too. [img] It looks as if it is for people to write on with a tablet pen and Windows then interprets the handwriting to produce text, so...