Windows 10: .ISO file is not mounting in windows 10

Discus and support .ISO file is not mounting in windows 10 in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I downloaded a game file which happened to be .ISO file and i could not mount it and because of that i can't install it in my computer. i thought it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by prajwal, Nov 24, 2015.

1. prajwal Win User

.ISO file is not mounting in windows 10

I downloaded a game file which happened to be .ISO file and i could not mount it and because of that i can't install it in my computer. i thought it was a corrupted file i downloaded but i tried mounting another game which i had installed already but could not mount it either so i cannot mount any .ISO file on my computer by any means. I have tried daemon tools, virtual clonedrive but no luck with that. And this problem is in my windows 10 when i Google it i find this problem mentioned on windows 8.1 and gave it a shot but those methods mentioned for windows 8.1 does not seem to work for windows 10. would really appreciate the help.

:)

prajwal, Nov 24, 2015

2. unable to mount iso files in windows 10

Since updating Windows 10 to version 1703 I cannot mount an iso file by right clicking on the iso file and selection mount. Anyone go any ideas on how to restore this feature?

AllanFisher, Nov 24, 2015
  3. CraigLong Win User
    Having issue with PC starting since Windows last update

Definitely try this out if you can't do a Refresh and have no CD, DVD, or USB stick.
    A mounted ISO file works like a burned DVD.

Quoting from Download Windows 10

If you want to install Windows 10 directly from the ISO file without using a DVD or flash drive, you can do so by mounting the ISO file. This will perform an upgrade of your current operating system to Windows 10.

To mount the ISO file:

• Go to the location where the ISO file is saved, right-click the ISO file and select Properties.
    • On the General tab, click Change… and select Windows Explorer for the program you would like to use to open ISO files and select Apply.
    • Right-click the ISO file and select Mount.
    • Double-click the ISO file to view the files within. Double-click setup.exe to start Windows 10 setup.

CraigLong, Nov 24, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello prejwal, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Do you have this issue with all ISO files, for example a Windows 10 ISO, or just these game ISO files?

If you like, download and merge the .reg file for the listed ISO file listed in the table in OPTION TWO of the table below to see if that may help allow you to mount the ISO. It will restore the default associations for ISO files.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/8...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Nov 24, 2015
  5. prajwal Win User
    thank you,
    those files i tried were all game .ISO files i haven't tried any other type of .ISO files. i am at work right now so i can't try it but as soon as i go home will try to mount some other different type. But the thing is the same game file i mounted last week can't mount it now.

prajwal, Nov 24, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Ok. I'll be here when you're ready. *Smile

Brink, Nov 24, 2015
  7. Hi Brink,
    I jump on this thread since I see there is not much activity here for a month now, but I have a similar problem with my Windows 10.
    A few days ago I used makemkv to convert one of my old iso dvd to mkv format, so I can watch it without the hassle of mounting, all the dvd menus etc. That worked fine, but since then I am unable to mount any iso file, with any software i downloaded. I tried first with daemon tools, then with virtual clonecd, and virtualcdEMU, and of course the native windows mounting option, but nothing works. I checked the registry with CCleaner, and also checked the windows event logs for any kind of error or warning message, but it seems that when I try to mount an iso file there is no event log created about it. If I use the native windows option, I get a popup window telling me: Sorry, there was a problem mounting the file.
    Any tips, or advice?
    Thanks in advance

fotelflier, Dec 29, 2015
  8. Ghost82 Win User

Hi there! For an unknown reason, I'm having this same problem too in two W10 installations. Happens with all iso images.

Edit: I just found it only happens with .iso files created from music CDs.

Ghost82, Jan 5, 2016
  9. Nice, then this problem is not uniquely experienced by me. Sadly though my experience so far is that I can't mount any kind of iso file, not just music.

fotelflier, Jan 14, 2016
  10. Ghost82 Win User
    Nope, is not nice, hahaha.

Ghost82, Feb 2, 2016
  11. Finally I found a way to resolve my problem. Hope this helps others too in the future, and maybe Ghost 82, you could also check this out too. So...
    It turned out that since my dvd-rom is a bit old and I don't use it for years now, I have not noticed that somehow it disappeared from my drive list from 'This PC' and probably because windows somehow still detected it, since I could open or close the dvd-rom (so phisically it was still functional), it tried to give it a letter, but failed probably in the process. And surely that was why every time I tried to mount anything It got stuck at that point where the letter assignment should have taken place.
    First I tried to simply disconnect the dvd-rom from the motherboard, but the issue was still the same, so I checked the device manager in the control panel, and I saw a yellow triangle by the dvd-rom. In its properties panel, there was a warning, that it's driver had failed to update with the last win 10 update. I had to delete the whole device maybe 2 or 3 times and then detect it again, to download its proper driver. (at the first try the update failed again) After the successful driver update the device finally showed up in the 'This PC' window also, and luckily my mounting process encountered no issues afterwards.
    Hope this helps some.
    TL;DR: - Win 10 automatic update screwed up DVD-ROM driver and the Drive Letter system, had to delete the device from Device manager and re-detect it and reinstall it's drivers, so the Drive letters could be assigned correctly to mounted ISO files.

fotelflier, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. .ISO file is not mounting in windows 10 - Similar Threads - ISO file mounting

2. Can't mount ISO file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't mount ISO file: After upgrading from Window 10 64 to Windows 11 I can't mount ISO files. I have mount options in Explorer and after choosing it Windows Explorer stops responding. That is the situation with all ISO files, even with those ones, downloaded with Windows 10 on the same notebook...
  3. Problem mounting the iso file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem mounting the iso file: I am having two virtual machines, server 1 and server-db.I have copied an sql iso file from server1 to server db. But when i try to install sql on db server, it is giving me an error “sorry, there was a problem mounting the file”.I have copied the iso file through UNC...
  4. Problem mounting the iso file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem mounting the iso file: I am having two virtual machines, server 1 and server-db.I have copied an sql iso file from server1 to server db. But when i try to install sql on db server, it is giving me an error “sorry, there was a problem mounting the file”.I have copied the iso file through UNC...
  5. Problem mounting the iso file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Iso file mounting

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Iso file mounting: I want to know if you can delete the ISO File right after you mount it, does it keep mounted? Because I am having low space in my driver and I want to install this app, but the size is bigger than my available space so that's why. 144282
  7. ISO Files Won't Mount

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ISO Files Won't Mount: [ATTACH] Hello, I've been having trouble with opening/mounting ISO files. These problems didn't happen before and have never happened before, so you can imagine my bewilderment. I click on the ISO files and my computer appears to be processing it, since I get the hour glass...
  8. Windows 10 Mount Iso

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Mount Iso: I cannot mount ISO files in Windows 10 anymore. I used to right click on it and click Mount. I've read online that the fix for this is to right click on the file, click Open With and select Windows Explorer. However, that is not an option. The only option I have is Windows...
  9. Cant mount ISO files on Windows 10

Cant mount ISO files on Windows 10: Sorry for my bad english [img] hope you understand I recently mount a ISO file on my computer, it work, then i unmount that ISO and a some hours later i needed that ISO again, so I tried to mount and its not working. Im using daemont tools ultra and i can mount a ISO...
  10. Mounting ISO file

Mounting ISO file: I just recently updated from windows 7 to windows 10 I use ISO files regularly and need to get this fixed. I am unable to mount any iso files or even run and iso mounting software. I keep reading that all i have to do is select the file and i should be given the option either...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. iso not mounting windows ten

2. iso not mounting

3. cannot mount iso file windows 10 not mounted