Windows 10: ISO for creator's upgrade including cumulative updates

Discus and support ISO for creator's upgrade including cumulative updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Is there any link to get an ISO that bundles the Cumulative updates with it? MSDN article seems to indicate it is available to those with MSDN... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dsmith888, Jul 13, 2017.

1. dsmith888 Win User

ISO for creator's upgrade including cumulative updates

Is there any link to get an ISO that bundles the Cumulative updates with it? MSDN article seems to indicate it is available to those with MSDN subscriptions.

:)

dsmith888, Jul 13, 2017
  2. Andre Da Costa, Jul 13, 2017
  3. • Feature update to Windows 10, version 1703.

Hi Louis,

The Windows Creators Update includes new innovations, features and security capabilities. If you still want to download Windows Creators Update, we suggest that you use an ISO file. Kindly follow the steps given on this forum article:

How to Upgrade to Windows 10 Creators Update version 1703 using ISO File from Versions 1507, 1511 and 1607
    . For this, you will need to use
    Media Creation Tool which is included in the forum article.

Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Janeane Cru, Jul 13, 2017
  4. Phone Man Win User

Read this tutorial and download the Media Creation Tool.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

The Media Creation Tool is updated to include the newer builds of W10 although it takes a while for MS to bring it current.
    It may be a Month or 2 behind the Cumulative updates but since the updates are Cumulative LU will only have to download the latest update to bring it current.

Always download a fresh Media Creation Tool as it is updated to download the newest W10 ISO.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Jul 13, 2017
  5. Superfly Win User
    Yup, MCT refreshes the distro sooner thatn MSDN (= Techbench from whence Heidoc tool gets the ISO's)

... but why not create your own...?

I'm working on a script to do this ( seeing we are getting so many CU's)

Code: #create temp extraction folder$Extractedfldr = Join-Path $env:TEMP "\Extracted\" if (Test-Path $Extractedfldr) {Remove-Item $Extractedfldr} $Extractedfldr = New-Item -ItemType Directory -Path $Extractedfldr #create temp mount folder $Mountfldr = Join-Path $env:TEMP "\Mount\" if (Test-Path $Mountfldr) {Remove-Item $Mountfldr} $Mountfldr = New-Item -ItemType Directory -Path $Mountfldr #Extract the iso to folder $isofile = Get-FileName "Select the ISO file" "ISO files (*.iso )|*.iso" $isofile = "'$isofile'" write-host Mount-DiskImage -ImagePath $isofile -PassThru $driveLetter = (Get-DiskImage $isofile | Get-Volume).DriveLetter Write-Host $driveLetter pause Copy-Item (Join-Path $driveLetter "\.*") $Extractedfldr $wimfile = Join-Path $Extractedfldr "\sources\install.wim" $ImageIndex = Get-WindowsImage -ImagePath $wimfile Write-Host $ImageIndex $Index = Read-Host -Prompt 'Enter the ImageIndex number to apply the update to...' Mount-WindowsImage -Path $Mountfldr -ImagePath $wimfile -Index $Index $inputfile = Get-FileName "Select the update file" "Cab files (*.cab)|*.cab|MSU files (*.msu)|*.msu" $inputfile = "'$inputfile.Trim()'" Dism /Image:$Mountfldr /Add-Package /PackagePath:$inputfile | Out-Null Dism /Image:$Mountfldr /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase | Out-Null Dismount-WindowsImage -Path $Mountfldr -Save ### Backup existing iso and create new ISO with new install.wim file into ISO $newfile = $isofile -replace ".iso", "_1.iso" Copy-Item $isofile $newfile dir $Mountfld -recurse | New-IsoFile -Path $newfile #Clean up Remove-Item -Path $Mountfldr Remove-Item -Path $Extractedfldr Dismount-DiskImage -ImagePath $isofile if (Test-Path $newfile) { Write-Host $newfile + " created..." } pause[/quote] If you read PS you can just use the commands (don't worry about the fluff.. but you need to Mount, AddPackage, StartcomponentCleanup and Dismount-Save.

..then use UltraISO to overwrite the install.wim in the original ISO.

Superfly, Jul 13, 2017
  6. Kari Win User
    @Superfly, I hope you do not mind these remarks:

First, a minor typo, you've missed a line break. The very first line in your code contains actually two lines, a remark (red font below) and a command (blue font); as it is now it can only produce an error.

#create temp extraction folder$Extractedfldr = Join-Path $env:TEMP "\Extracted\"

It should of course be in two lines:

#create temp extraction folder
    $Extractedfldr = Join-Path $env:TEMP "\Extracted\"

Second, Get-FileName is not a PS cmdlet, at least if you have not created or imported a script or an additional module containing it. I would use Read-Host instead to prompt user the name of the ISO:

$isofile = Read-Host "Select the ISO file" "ISO files (*.iso )|*.iso"

7. Berton Win User
    The last 4 times I used the MCT I got Version 1703 Build 15063.0 but updating to 15063.447 didn't take very long, about an hour on a 5Mbps connection.

Berton, Jul 14, 2017
  8. Superfly Win User

LOL... yup I edited it (...badly *Sad )

.. and yes it's not a standard cmdlet.. (I was adding some nice to have gui features)

here's the full code in case you are interested (NB very much work in progress.. still a bugs nest)
    Code: ########################################## Elevate ############################################################ if (-not ([Security.Principal.WindowsPrincipal][System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity]::GetCurrent()).IsInRole([Security.Principal.WindowsBuiltInRole]::Administrator)) { Start-Process PowerShell.exe -Verb Runas -ArgumentList $myInvocation.MyCommand.Definition; return; } ########################### Created: 23 May 2017 by ############################################### [void] [System.Reflection.Assembly]::LoadWithPartialName("System.Windows.Forms") ################################ Functions ############################################### Function Get-FileName($Description, $FileType) { $OpenFileDialog = New-Object System.Windows.Forms.OpenFileDialog $OpenFileDialog.title =$Description $OpenFileDialog.filter = $FileType $OpenFileDialog.ShowHelp = $true if ($OpenFileDialog.ShowDialog() -eq "OK") { $OpenFileDialog.filename } else { exit } } Function Get-FolderName($selectDirectory) { $FolderBrowserDialog = New-Object System.Windows.Forms.FolderBrowserDialog $FolderBrowserDialog.Description =$selectDirectory $FolderBrowserDialog.ShowDialog() | Out-Null $FolderBrowserDialog.SelectedPath } function New-IsoFile { <# .Synopsis Creates a new .iso file .Description The New-IsoFile cmdlet creates a new .iso file containing content from chosen folders .Example New-IsoFile "c:\tools","cISO for creator's upgrade including cumulative updates :Downloads\utils" This command creates a .iso file in $env:temp folder (default location) that contains c:\tools and c:\downloads\utils folders. The folders themselves are included at the root of the .iso image. .Example New-IsoFile -FromClipboard -Verbose Before running this command, select and copy (Ctrl-C) files/folders in Explorer first. .Example dir c:\WinPE | New-IsoFile -Path c:\temp\WinPE.iso -BootFile "${envISO for creator's upgrade including cumulative updates :programFiles(x86)}\Windows Kits\10\Assessment and Deployment Kit\Deployment Tools\amd64\Oscdimg\efisys.bin" -Media DVDPLUSR -Title "WinPE" This command creates a bootable .iso file containing the content from c:\WinPE folder, but the folder itself isn't included. Boot file etfsboot.com can be found in Windows ADK. Refer to IMAPI_MEDIA_PHYSICAL_TYPE enumeration for possible media types: IMAPI_MEDIA_PHYSICAL_TYPE enumeration (Windows) .Notes NAME: New-IsoFile AUTHOR: Chris Wu LASTEDIT: 03/23/2016 14:46:50 #> [CmdletBinding(DefaultParameterSetName='Source')]Param( [parameter(Position=1,Mandatory=$true,ValueFromPipeline=$true, ParameterSetName='Source')]$Source, [parameter(Position=2)][string]$Path = "$env:temp\$((Get-Date).ToString('yyyyMMdd-HHmmss.ffff')).iso", [ValidateScript({Test-Path -LiteralPath $_ -PathType Leaf})][string]$BootFile = $null, [ValidateSet('CDR','CDRW','DVDRAM','DVDPLUSR','DVDPLUSRW','DVDPLUSR_DUALLAYER','DVDDASHR','DVDDASHRW','DVDDASHR_DUALLAYER','DISK','DVDPLUSRW_DUALLAYER','BDR','BDRE')][string] $Media = 'DVDPLUSRW_DUALLAYER', [string]$Title = (Get-Date).ToString("yyyyMMdd-HHmmss.ffff"), [switch]$Force, [parameter(ParameterSetName='Clipboard')][switch]$FromClipboard ) Begin { ($cp = new-object System.CodeDom.Compiler.CompilerParameters).CompilerOptions = '/unsafe' if (!('ISOFile' -as [type])) { Add-Type -CompilerParameters $cp -TypeDefinition @' public class ISOFile { public unsafe static void Create(string Path, object Stream, int BlockSize, int TotalBlocks) { int bytes = 0; byte[] buf = new byte[BlockSize]; var ptr = (System.IntPtr)(&bytes); var o = System.IO.File.OpenWrite(Path); var i = Stream as System.Runtime.InteropServices.ComTypes.IStream; if (o != null) { while (TotalBlocks-- > 0) { i.Read(buf, BlockSize, ptr); o.Write(buf, 0, bytes); } o.Flush(); o.Close(); } } } '@ } if ($BootFile) { if('BDR','BDRE' -contains $Media) { Write-Warning "Bootable image doesn't seem to work with media type $Media" } ($Stream = New-Object -ComObject ADODB.Stream -Property @{Type=1}).Open() # adFileTypeBinary $Stream.LoadFromFile((Get-Item -LiteralPath $BootFile).Fullname) ($Boot = New-Object -ComObject IMAPI2FS.BootOptions).AssignBootImage($Stream) } $MediaType = @('UNKNOWN','CDROM','CDR','CDRW','DVDROM','DVDRAM','DVDPLUSR','DVDPLUSRW','DVDPLUSR_DUALLAYER','DVDDASHR','DVDDASHRW','DVDDASHR_DUALLAYER','DISK','DVDPLUSRW_DUALLAYER','HDDVDROM','HDDVDR','HDDVDRAM','BDROM','BDR','BDRE') Write-Verbose -Message "Selected media type is $Media with value $($MediaType.IndexOf($Media))" ($Image = New-Object -com IMAPI2FS.MsftFileSystemImage -Property @{VolumeName=$Title}).ChooseImageDefaultsForMediaType($MediaType.IndexOf($Media)) if (!($Target = New-Item -Path $Path -ItemType File -Force:$Force -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue)) { Write-Error -Message "Cannot create file $Path. Use -Force parameter to overwrite if the target file already exists."; break } } Process { if($FromClipboard) { if($PSVersionTable.PSVersion.Major -lt 5) { Write-Error -Message 'The -FromClipboard parameter is only supported on PowerShell v5 or higher'; break } $Source = Get-Clipboard -Format FileDropList } foreach($item in $Source) { if($item -isnot [System.IO.FileInfo] -and $item -isnot [System.IO.DirectoryInfo]) { $item = Get-Item -LiteralPath $item } if($item) { Write-Verbose -Message "Adding item to the target image: $($item.FullName)" try { $Image.Root.AddTree($item.FullName, $true) } catch { Write-Error -Message ($_.Exception.Message.Trim() + ' Try a different media type.') } } } } End { if ($Boot) { $Image.BootImageOptions=$Boot } $Result = $Image.CreateResultImage() [ISOFile]::Create($Target.FullName,$Result.ImageStream,$Result.BlockSize,$Result.TotalBlocks) Write-Verbose -Message "Target image ($($Target.FullName)) has been created" $Target } } ############################################################################################################################################################### #create temp extraction folder $Extractedfldr = Join-Path $env:TEMP "\Extracted\" if (Test-Path $Extractedfldr) {Remove-Item $Extractedfldr} $Extractedfldr = New-Item -ItemType Directory -Path $Extractedfldr #create temp mount folder $Mountfldr = Join-Path $env:TEMP "\Mount\" if (Test-Path $Mountfldr) {Remove-Item $Mountfldr} $Mountfldr = New-Item -ItemType Directory -Path $Mountfldr #Extract the iso to folder $isofile = Get-FileName "Select the ISO file" "ISO files (*.iso )|*.iso" $isofile = "'$isofile'" #$isofile = 'F:\Microsoft\Windows 10\Win10_1703\Win10_1703_EnglishInternational_x64_1.iso' write-host Mount-DiskImage -ImagePath $isofile -PassThru $driveLetter = (Get-DiskImage $isofile | Get-Volume).DriveLetter Write-Host $driveLetter pause Copy-Item (Join-Path $driveLetter "\.*") $Extractedfldr $wimfile = Join-Path $Extractedfldr "\sources\install.wim" $ImageIndex = Get-WindowsImage -ImagePath $wimfile Write-Host $ImageIndex $Index = Read-Host -Prompt 'Enter the ImageIndex number to apply the update to...' Mount-WindowsImage -Path $Mountfldr -ImagePath $wimfile -Index $Index $inputfile = Get-FileName "Select the update file" "Cab files (*.cab)|*.cab|MSU files (*.msu)|*.msu" $inputfile = "'$inputfile.Trim()'" Dism /Image:$Mountfldr /Add-Package /PackagePath:$inputfile | Out-Null Dism /Image:$Mountfldr /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase | Out-Null Dismount-WindowsImage -Path $Mountfldr -Save ### Backup existing iso and create new ISO with new install.wim file into ISO $newfile = $isofile -replace ".iso", "_1.iso" Copy-Item $isofile $newfile dir $Mountfld -recurse | New-IsoFile -Path $newfile #Clean up Remove-Item -Path $Mountfldr Remove-Item -Path $Extractedfldr Dismount-DiskImage -ImagePath $isofile if (Test-Path $newfile) { Write-Host $newfile + " created..." } pause[/quote]

Superfly, Jul 14, 2017
  9. Superfly Win User
    Made some progress on this script, but still not entirely happy with the way updates gets integrated - I'm not all that up to date with servicing stacks and what-not but for those that want to give it a bash.
    Extract and run from the folder - it needs oscdimg to be alongside it.

UpdateWim.zip

Superfly, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. ISO for creator's upgrade including cumulative updates - Similar Threads - ISO creator's upgrade

2. Windows cumulative updates & Windows ISO

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows cumulative updates & Windows ISO: Since after October 2020 Windows cumulative updates have been broken. Likewise, the Windows ISO and Update Assistant from Microsoft's download page has not been updated beyond the October 2020 20H2 release. All Windows cumulative updates released since October have failed...
  3. Does the latest Windows 10 ISO include all the cumulative updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does the latest Windows 10 ISO include all the cumulative updates?: I have a Windows 10 1909 ISO from December. If I download the 1909 ISO today, will it include all the cumulative updates since December? submitted by /u/workalkoholic [link] [comments]...
  4. How to download Win10 ISO WITH (!) included cumulative updates? Inject

How to download Win10 ISO WITH (!) included cumulative updates? Inject: Normally users perform the following procedure for Win10: download Win10 base package ISO directly install this Win10 base package ISO download the cumulative update apply this cumulative update onto the already installed base version I wonder whether there is a way to...
  5. When will Windows 10 update the ISO (Media Creator Tool)?

When will Windows 10 update the ISO (Media Creator Tool)?: I just tried to refresh install of Windows 10 as I do every so often but today for the first time the only option was a fresh install, cant keep apps and settings as I usually do. I guess this is because the Windows 10 ISO on the MS site is the old version of Windows, so this...
  6. What are the best ISO creators?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What are the best ISO creators?: I want software to convert files to ISO images. The files types that I want to convert include txt, pdf, and exe. 61169
  7. Updating 1607 iso to creators with kbs?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updating 1607 iso to creators with kbs?: I was wondering if this is possible, like when you integrate SP2 in a iso with windows xp sp1. Afaik I should integrate the "big one" and a patch that came yesterday, right? Could you point me to the kb articles, Im a bit lost and I dont know exactly which they are. Thanks...
  8. BSOD when doing any windows update (including creator's update)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when doing any windows update (including creator's update): Hello, I'm currently trying to update my new HP spectre. However I constantly get this error during any update : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (nvlddmkm.sys). I had another problem back then, which was caused by my graphic card. I used DDU to uninstall everything, so...
  9. Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Enterprise ISO and activation

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Enterprise ISO and activation: I plan to do a clean install, can I use a Windows 10 Insider Preview or a Windows 10 Enterprise Evaluation to activate the official key? If not, what are the other ways to get a copy of the ISO? 96378
  10. Windows 10 Fall Creators Update - ISO available?

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update - ISO available?: Does the ISO version include the Fall update? Download Windows 10 95683