Windows 10: iso media creation tool

Discus and support iso media creation tool in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; windows 10 home 64bit 1607 Updated windows 7 home premium 64bit to windows 10 home. Then to windows 10 home 1607. Is the media creation tool the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dgg, Aug 23, 2016.

1. DGG
    dgg Win User

iso media creation tool

windows 10 home 64bit 1607
    Updated windows 7 home premium 64bit to windows 10 home. Then to windows 10 home 1607.
    Is the media creation tool the same as 'create system image' in windows 10 home?
    Can I make an iso installer? Can it be activated with the windows 7 home premium license?
    Is create system image the only option to install the system if required?

Thank you.

:)

2. Windows 10 November Update has not arrived

You should download Windows 10 ISO and run the setup within the existing Windows to do an In-Place upgrade.

ISO can be downloaded using media creation Tool.

Media creation Tool is now updated with Version 1511, OS Build 10586 of Windows 10.

Download link for Media Creation Tool:

Download Windows 10

Detailed steps on how to Download an ISO using Media creation Tool:

Download Windows 10 ISO File

The size of the update through Windows update and ISO are nearly the same.

HTH

Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 23, 2016
  3. Install latest version of windows 10, downloaded from MS or other sites! Urgently

No need to use the license key,just use Media creation tool:

Media creation Tool is now updated with Version 1511, OS Build 10586 of Windows 10.

Download link for Media Creation Tool:

Download Windows 10

Detailed steps on how to Download an ISO using Media creation Tool:

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Countless people have downloaded ISO's using the same method.

Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 23, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

iso media creation tool

A system image is created by 'Backup and Restore (Windows 7)'.
    This is an image of your existing partition.
    It can be used to restore your partition as was so you can hopefully recover from problems and even your own mistakes.
    Better option: 3rd part disk imaging programs e.g. Macrium Reflect (free/commercial), Veeam Endpoint (free/commercial) etc.

MS's media creation tool downloads and creates sthg you can install Win 10 with or boot from and repair your PC (limited options) or do an in-place repair install, keeping all progs and data, most settings.
    Installing Win 10 now means you either have already installed Win 10 and wish to reinstall it, or you have bought a license.

Feel free to search the net for more.

dalchina, Aug 23, 2016
Thema:

iso media creation tool

1. iso media creation tool - Similar Threads - iso media creation

2. verify the ISO file downloaded by media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    verify the ISO file downloaded by media creation tool: HelloHow can I verify the ISO file downloaded by media creation tool ?Is there a checksum list on microsoft website?thanks for your advice. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/verify-the-iso-file-downloaded-by-media-creation/fd64da3b-c9e7-490c-96b3-9e9112912fdf
  3. Is the media creation tool the same as an ISO file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the media creation tool the same as an ISO file: I'm having problems upgrading a win 8.1 laptop to win 10. I've tried doing it directly via the site and I have also tried using a USB installation media creation tool to no avail so I though I would try this ISO thing but it looks like the same thing as the usb media creation...
  4. Is the media creation tool the same as an ISO file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is the media creation tool the same as an ISO file: I'm having problems upgrading a win 8.1 laptop to win 10. I've tried doing it directly via the site and I have also tried using a USB installation media creation tool to no avail so I though I would try this ISO thing but it looks like the same thing as the usb media creation...
  5. Are there evolving versions of Media Creation Tool keyed to ISOs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Are there evolving versions of Media Creation Tool keyed to ISOs: I have a month-old MCT I've used once to get an .iso. I know that the last one (.iso) I got was the latest (then) available version. In order to get the latest version available, do I need to get a newer MCT? I'm asking whether the MCTs are keyed to particular .iso's. Pro...
  6. Media Creation Tool ISO build question

Media Creation Tool ISO build question: Hi all, When you go to the Microsoft website to download the Media Creation Tool, is there any way of knowing the exact build of the ISO file before you download it? I cant find anywhere on the website where this might be listed. All it tells you is it is version 1903. Back...
  7. Media creation tool new ISO every time?

Media creation tool new ISO every time?: I can understand a new ISO for each release but to have to download the ISO each time takes far more time than it needs to. Is there any way to just use the ISO already loaded?...
  8. Using Media creation tool with existing ISO

Using Media creation tool with existing ISO: Hello all, I am trying to transition all of my machines to UEFI and I am trying to use Windows' media creation tool to build up a bootable USB drive to begin testing. I have an existing ISO and set of files for Windows 10 Enterprise but I can't seem to find the option for...
  9. Media Creation Tool or MSDN ISO?

Media Creation Tool or MSDN ISO?: Is there any difference between creating a bootable Windows 10 USB drive with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool and downloading MSDN's Windows 10 ISO to manually create a bootable USB drive with it? 10620
  10. Media Creation Tool - ISO Failure

Media Creation Tool - ISO Failure: I am trying to create a bootable USB/DVD through the Media Creation Tool and am failing each time. I have selected English, Windows 10 Home, 64-bit for the options and tried both the USB Flash Drive option and ISO options and have resulted in only "Something happened"...