Windows 10: Issue Restoring Game after Tabbing to Desktop Post Windows 1903 Update

Discus and support Issue Restoring Game after Tabbing to Desktop Post Windows 1903 Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Any Support would be most Welcome! As the title says I am having some strange issue after my Windows 10 PC updated last week to the Windows 1903... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by OlsBean, Aug 14, 2019.

1. OlsBean Win User

Issue Restoring Game after Tabbing to Desktop Post Windows 1903 Update

Any Support would be most Welcome! As the title says I am having some strange issue after my Windows 10 PC updated last week to the Windows 1903 update.

My Card is a GTX 1050 ti (43160 driver) and run my Desktop Resolution at 3840 x 2160 (HDR) and I play World of Warships a lot currently and run that at 2560 x 1440 because I get a more playable FP than if I run it at 4K. I play the game in Full Screen Mode and have never had an issue Tabbing out of it to Desktop to do others things, nor Tabbing back into game, however since my machine received the 1903 Update last week, often (Not always) when I've tabbed out the game, when I then go to tab back into it, the game does not restore, the Screen goes Black for a few seconds, (like it normally does), but then instead of the the game appearing, the desktop reappears but the Mouse Pointer Changes to the in the game Mouse Pointer. I then have use the TaskMgr to kill the game but here is the odd thing, if I then start the game afresh it does the exact same thing, screen goes black for a few seconds, then the Desktop Reappears with the Mouse Pointer Changes as if the game is running, in order to get the game running properly after this strange glitch happens I have to reboot the system.

I've found though that it does not seem to happen if I change my Desktop Resolution to 2560 x 1440 (Same as the game) before starting the game.

I've tried searching for the answer but have failed to yield an results, does anyone have any idea what the issue could be.

Thank you in advance.

:)

OlsBean, Aug 14, 2019
  2. BAGZZlash Win User

MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Aug 14, 2019
  3. Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 14, 2019
  4. W1zzard Win User

Curious small window bug - Win7 - UPDATE: Command line -tab parameter issue?

Any steps to reproduce? GPU-Z dynamically changes the window border/size to enable resize only when sensor tab is active

W1zzard, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Issue Restoring Game after Tabbing to Desktop Post Windows 1903 Update - Similar Threads - Issue Restoring Game

2. Update issues after restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update issues after restore: I lost power during system reset after installation of KB5005033 and was forced to restore from an earlier point. Now the update won't finalise via restart. I have used the troubleshooter and nothing will force it to resolve, can anyone help please?...
  3. Issues after installing 1903 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues after installing 1903 update: Since yesterday after installing the latest updates (1903) I'm having crashing issues. It happens randomly. *I'm getting black screens where I only can see my mouse cursor *Games crashes and freezing *Firefox crashing *Blue screen with "memory management" error And just...
  4. Issues after installing 1903 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues after installing 1903 update: Since yesterday after installing the latest updates (1903) I'm having crashing issues. It happens randomly. *I'm getting black screens where I only can see my mouse cursor *Games crashes and freezing *Firefox crashing *Blue screen with "memory management" error The pc...
  5. Desktop not loading after 1903 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop not loading after 1903 update: Looking for ideas! After updating to 1903, I type my password on the login screen, and then it starts to load into my profile. However the desktop doesn't load. The toolbar and start appears but flickers on and off every second continuously as if it's crashing then...
  6. CNEventWindowClass issue after update to 1903

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CNEventWindowClass issue after update to 1903: [ATTACH] I am having the same issue with the infamous CNEventWindowClass in my notifications that started after I updated to the 1903 version, never had this issue until then. I also noticed that it was it in my registry to which I exported it out (Saved just in case) hoping...
  7. Gaming Issues after updating Windows 10 Build 1903

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming Issues after updating Windows 10 Build 1903: I was trying to play State of Decay 2 (SoD2) but the game won't load just crashed at the logo. In the event viewer it says twinapi.appcore.dll (version 10.0.18362.1) was the cause of it. When I loaded it with older version (10.0.17134.137 and it causes my PC rendered unstable...
  8. Issue with Desktop on Windows 10 1903

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issue with Desktop on Windows 10 1903: I did an upgrade to v1903 and after I put my pin in it boots to my desktop, but my desktop does not appear, the pin screen welcome screen with my username appears on my desktop instead. Once I move my mouse my desktop and icons start to appear or by hitting F5. Even a...
  9. Issues with Display after 1903 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issues with Display after 1903 update: After i upgraded my Windows 10 to 1903v, my graphics card ( NVIDIA 105M ) randomly stop working some times, and even when I'm browsing the internet I'm getting a black bars sometimes and i have never saw this bug in 1809v. - I tried clean GPU installation. - restarting the...
  10. Restore Desktop option to Alt-Tab?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restore Desktop option to Alt-Tab?: I'm going to guess that this was asked about before, but, something that has bothered me about Windows 10 is that you can no longer Alt-Tab back to the desktop. I liked this functionality back in Windows 7, but seeing that it's missing in 10 bothers me. I know that Win-D...