Windows 10: Issue with Connected Devices app

Discus and support Issue with Connected Devices app in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop and desktop are on the same wifi network. Both are at Windows 10. Laptop is v. 1803. Desktop is v. 1809. I've downloaded Connected Devices... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CapnCack, Feb 14, 2019.

1. CapnCack Win User

Issue with Connected Devices app

My laptop and desktop are on the same wifi network.

Both are at Windows 10. Laptop is v. 1803. Desktop is v. 1809.

I've downloaded Connected Devices to both.

The laptop sees the desktop, but not vice versa. The "help" screen (excuse me while I laugh sardonically for a few seconds) says it's because I don't have the "Windows Anniversary" update. Seriously? That was, what, two years ago?

Any hints would help.

Why in GODS name does MS make it so hard to simply share files? And no, I don't want my personal stuff on their stupid cloud.

***Modified title from: Connected Devices doesn't work***

:)

CapnCack, Feb 14, 2019
  2. Hannelore Win User

Project connect to wireless device issue

Thanks for this suggestion; it's made me realise that I think it might be a problem with my tv after all, because now it won't come up anymore in the list of devices. I better check out some help for this tv; maybe something got turned off by mistake.

Hannelore, Feb 14, 2019
  3. Hannelore Win User
    Project connect to wireless device issue

Hi Kari,

Thanks for the reply.

My tv is definitely connected to my wifi; I've tried restarting the tv, and disconnecting/reconnecting to my wifi, but the tv still isn't showing up in the list of devices when trying to use 'project'.

I actually had issues with this before, but after a significant update about a week ago, I noticed that it was showing up in the devices list. I'm unsure what could have changed tonight.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? Issue with Connected Devices app :) Is there maybe some way to 'clear' (for lack of a better word) any saved devices on my laptop so I can start fresh with project?

Hannelore, Feb 14, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

'Allow a device to connect' is greyed out

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your USB Port. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top
      right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    Step 2: I suggest you to check the Bluetooth Settings and check if it helps.

• Open Control Panel by clicking the
      Windows + X,

• In the Control Panel search box, type
      Bluetooth, and then click Change Bluetooth settings.

• In the Bluetooth Settings dialog box, click the
      Options tab and do any of the following:

• To make your computer discoverable to Bluetooth enabled devices, select the check box for
      Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer.

• To allow you to add Bluetooth enabled devices to your computer, select the check box for
      Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer.

• To be notified when a Bluetooth enabled device is trying to connect to your computer, select the check box for
      Alert me when a new Bluetooth device wants to connect.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Issue with Connected Devices app - Similar Threads - Issue Connected Devices

2. Photo app not connecting to device,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo app not connecting to device,: Hi,I am connecting to iphone x, but photo app is unable to import any photo or video from iphone x. attached image is popping up multiple times, whenever tried connecting.Please check if there is workaround .Tried 1. Transfer to mac or pc options set to Keep originals. - did...
  3. Photo app not connecting to device,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo app not connecting to device,: Hi,I am connecting to iphone x, but photo app is unable to import any photo or video from iphone x. attached image is popping up multiple times, whenever tried connecting.Please check if there is workaround .Tried 1. Transfer to mac or pc options set to Keep originals. - did...
  4. Garmin device connection issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Garmin device connection issues: I have a Garmin Forerunner 920xt that until recently would connect to my Dell XPS 940 computer running Windows 11. Two days ago I tried to connect the device through a USB cable and got the following errors “Unknown device device descriptor request failed” and “Windows has...
  5. Garmin device connection issues

Garmin device connection issues: I have a Garmin Forerunner 920xt that until recently would connect to my Dell XPS 940 computer running Windows 11. Two days ago I tried to connect the device through a USB cable and got the following errors “Unknown device device descriptor request failed” and “Windows has...
  6. Bluetooth Device Connection Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Device Connection Issues: Hi all,I'm having trouble connecting my bluetooth keyboard to my new PC. My keyboard works well on other devices and connection appears right away but on the new machine it doesn't even show upAll drivers have been updatedWould appreciate your advice...
  7. Bluetooth Device Connection Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Device Connection Issues: Hi all,I'm having trouble connecting my bluetooth keyboard to my new PC. My keyboard works well on other devices and connection appears right away but on the new machine it doesn't even show upAll drivers have been updatedWould appreciate your advice...
  8. Bluetooth Device Connection Issues

9. App volume/devices issue

App volume/devices issue: Hi everyone, I've been having some issues using the "App volume and device preferences" option under "Advanced sound options" in Windows 10. I have a few different audio channels and I want to have certain applications run through certain devices; however, while a few...
  10. Bluetooth device connectivity issue

Bluetooth device connectivity issue: After recent update on windows 10,I am not able to connect to my JBL go speakers which was previously paired. The windows is not able to search the speaker. I also tried connecting other Bluetooth devices but in vain....