Windows 10: Issues while mapping Network drives after updating to Windows 10 1909

Discus and support Issues while mapping Network drives after updating to Windows 10 1909 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 1909. I set up a few network drive maps via explorer with the box checked to reconnect at logon. When the user logs in the drive maps aren't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by soscc, Nov 27, 2019.

1. soscc Win User

Issues while mapping Network drives after updating to Windows 10 1909

Windows 10 1909. I set up a few network drive maps via explorer with the box checked to reconnect at logon. When the user logs in the drive maps aren't there any more, which is really annoying because some of the apps come from the server. I've seen other posts that say I should do it via GPO, which I did and they still don't map upon login. The only way I've been successful is to create .cmd file to do the map, put it in the scheduled tasks upon logon. These machines worked just fine on 1903 and quit working right in 1909..

***Original title: Network drives not mapping***

:)

soscc, Nov 27, 2019

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Nov 27, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Mapped network drives don't work in Windows 10 version 1809

Yep. *Wink

Mapped drives issue now resolved. See "Current Status" table on first post for more details.

*Arrow Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809 Now Re-Released - Windows 10 Forums

[table][tr][td]Date[/td] [td]Current Status[/td] [td]Affected Platforms[/td] [td]Details[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]December 5, 2018 3:00 PM PT[/td] [td]Resolved[/td] [td]
    • Windows 10, version 1809
    • Windows Server 2019
    • Windows Server, version 1809
    [/td] [td]Mapped drives may fail to reconnect after starting and logging onto a Windows device. Symptoms include:
    • In File Explorer, a red "X" appears on the mapped network drives.
    • Mapped network drives show as "Unavailable" when you run the net usecommand from a command prompt.
    • In the notification area, a notification displays, "Could not reconnect all network drives."
    Resolved: KB4469342 addresses the issue that may cause mapped drives to fail to reconnect after starting and logging onto a Windows device. This supersedes KB4471218 for workaround scripts to automatically reconnect a mapped network drive when you log on to the device.[/td] [/tr] [/table]

Brink, Nov 27, 2019
  4. Issues while mapping Network drives after updating to Windows 10 1909

Unable to Map a Network Drive in Windows 10

Hi

• When did the issue start? -- We have updated OS from 7 to 10.
    • Are you having an issue mapping a network drive, accessing the network drive, or both? -- Both
    • Are your computers or drives connected to a domain? -- Yes

New Tech Learner, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

Issues while mapping Network drives after updating to Windows 10 1909

1. Issues while mapping Network drives after updating to Windows 10 1909 - Similar Threads - Issues while mapping

2. Issues with mapping Onedrive as a Network Drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with mapping Onedrive as a Network Drive.: Hi all,I've been mapping a Onedrive location as a Network Drive on Win 11 for a while now, but recently the mapping has died. It coincides with changing the securities for the Microsoft account it is associated with. On the home PC, after I reverted the Microsoft account back...
  3. Mapped Drive Issue after update!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mapped Drive Issue after update!: Hello,Network drives on some computers randomly disconnect after upgrading to Windows 11. Users must restart their computer to fix the issue. We have a firewall rule that restricts SMB traffic to the domain profile only.Any Help from you would be appreciated.Thanks.Paul....
  4. Mapped Drive Issue after update!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mapped Drive Issue after update!: Hello,Network drives on some computers randomly disconnect after upgrading to Windows 11. Users must restart their computer to fix the issue. We have a firewall rule that restricts SMB traffic to the domain profile only.Any Help from you would be appreciated.Thanks.Paul....
  5. Issue with Map Network Drive Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Map Network Drive Windows 11: For my company, we have a main UPS computer that all other computers connect to remotely on the network.We have always make a Map Network Drive to the UPS Computer. We have been doing this for years. But when I tried it yesterday on our newest computer, the new computer can...
  6. Issue with a "Network Mapped Drive" after 20H2 upgrade.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue with a "Network Mapped Drive" after 20H2 upgrade.: Hi, I upgraded my HP laptop last week to Win10 20H2 19042.630 I store all my documents, photos etc. in a directory structure on one of my disk drives. I have a mapped Network Drive Z: to it and all my programs access my data through it. I have been using this method for...
  7. After updating to WIndows 10 v2004, cannot map network drives

After updating to WIndows 10 v2004, cannot map network drives: Hi, How can I solve this problem after updating to windows 10 v2004 from v1909, i cannot map network drives/shares anymore, everything was working fine before the update, the shares are located in a windows server v1809. When i try to connect the shares on map a network...
  8. Map Network Drive issue

Map Network Drive issue: I have three NAS units attached to my LAN. Their names differ only in the first letter. I Map network drives for example NET USE A: \\Aserver\x /Persistent:Yes NET USE B: \\Bserver\x /Persistent:Yes or by the Map Network Drive in the GUI This is all OK. However, when...
  9. Mapping Network Drive Issues

Mapping Network Drive Issues: We have a external hard drive attached to our router that is accessible to our small business on our network. We have 3 other computers (2 Windows and 1 Mac) that are accessing it now. But we got 2 new computers that were just added to the network and I can not find the drive...
  10. mapped network drives inaccessible after windows updates

mapped network drives inaccessible after windows updates: [ATTACH] So, so frustrated. Every time Windows updates, I can't access my NAS. Once I discovered that uninstalling security updates fixed the problem, I started uninstalling updates every week. Now Windows won't allow me to uninstall, so I'm stuck....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot see network drive afterr upgrade to 1909

2. cannot see two exra hard drives after updating to windows 1909

3. cannot connect to network drives windows 10 version 1909

4. shared drive does not show after update to 1909,
  5. windos 10 1909 drive mapping,
  6. windows 10 mapped drive bug 1909,
  7. mapped drives do not show in windows 10 1909,
  8. w10 1909 network issues