Windows 10: Issues with installation of Windows updates

Discus and support Issues with installation of Windows updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, My computer keeps going through a WIndows update installation. It has been happening daily for the last couple of weeks. The installation will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by manbearpigj0sh, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Issues with installation of Windows updates

Hi,

My computer keeps going through a WIndows update installation. It has been happening daily for the last couple of weeks. The installation will get to 95% complete and sit there for a while. Next thing I know, the computer is restoring a previous version of windows. This hasn't been too big of a deal, however, the installation takes a while and so does reverting to an older version which makes my computer unusable for a couple of hours. I have recently removed the automatic install from WIndows update to have them ask first. That should stop the waiting for nothing but I would like to get this issue resolved.

Looking through my update history, it shows everything as being successfully installed, however, the most recent update is from 11/12 and I know the update has been running every night for the last few nights. Any insight would be appreciated. Below are some pictures of what I am seeing. If more information is needed, just ask and I will provide.

Issues with installation of Windows updates [​IMG]

Issues with installation of Windows updates [​IMG]

:)

manbearpigj0sh, Nov 24, 2016

2. Installation of Visual studio 2015 with updates.

Hi,

While modifying Visual Studio 2015 with updates , Windows 10 sdk installation fails. Error code 15605.

I even tried to install Windows 10 sdk by using setup for it but the installation rolls back.

I have windows 10 installed on my system.

How to resolve this issue??

AakankshaGakhar, Nov 24, 2016
  3. Installation of Visual studio 2015 with updates.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

As the issue is related to Visual studio 2015
    I would suggest you to ask your query in the MSDN forum. Please refer the link below:

Msdn forums

I hope the above information helps. If you have any other queries related to Windows 10, feel free to reply and I'll be happy to further assist you.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 24, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Issues with installation of Windows updates

Hi, you can try downloading the update manually, and then installing it.
    KB3189866 stuck at 45% or 95%? Install it manually instead - gHacks Tech News

Try after a clean boot, disconnect all unnecessary devices.

Any reason why you're still using build 1511? 1607's been out since early August.

You could try inspecting the Windows update logs.
    Note:
    Windows Update logs are now generated using ETW (Event Tracing for Windows).
    Please run the Get-WindowsUpdateLog PowerShell command to convert ETW traces into a readable WindowsUpdate.log.

For more information, please visit http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=518345

dalchina, Nov 24, 2016
  5. Thank you for the suggestion. I am not very computer savvy so not sure why my build is older. I always have WIndows update set to automatic to keep me recent and protected. I tried to download the update and run it manually, however, when I run it I get an error message that says, "Windows Update Standalone Installer The update is not applicable to your computer."

manbearpigj0sh, Nov 26, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Here's how to get 1607- or the current build in general:
    Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums

Personally I find a DVD the easiest, then I keep it as a bootable medium as it can be used for several recovery purposes.

I don't know what you downloaded or from where: the language and 'bitness' (32 or 64 bits) have to match.

There are plenty of threads where people reported issues with the upgrade. I recommend first using disk imaging to create a backup in case anything goes wrong- and it can- e.g. Macrium Reflect (free) + its boot medium + large enough external storage (say at least twice the size of the data you're going to back up).

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Issues with installation of Windows updates

1. Issues with installation of Windows updates - Similar Threads - Issues installation updates

2. Issue with Windows Update Installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Windows Update Installation: Dear Microsoft Support Team,I am writing to report an issue I encountered while attempting to install a recent update for my Windows 11 23H2 x64 HOME. My product key is PII Removed>, and the update key is KB5034848.Despite several attempts, the update failed to install, and I...
  3. Issue with Windows Update Installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with Windows Update Installation: Dear Microsoft Support Team,I am writing to report an issue I encountered while attempting to install a recent update for my Windows 11 23H2 x64 HOME. My product key is PII Removed>, and the update key is KB5034848.Despite several attempts, the update failed to install, and I...
  4. Manual Windows Update Installation Issues

Manual Windows Update Installation Issues: Hello ,We are currently facing challenges with manually updating our product computers running on Windows. Our process involves downloading all available updates and installing them either manually or through a script, sequentially.However, we've encountered a few issues:Even...
  5. Issue with installing updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with installing updates: Been having this issue for a while. Have a desktop computer. Every now and then, it will automatically update the newest Mircosoft update. However, after this happens, my computer always gets stuck on a black screen with the waiting symbol. put a picture belowI have let the...
  6. Issue with installing updates

Issue with installing updates: Been having this issue for a while. Have a desktop computer. Every now and then, it will automatically update the newest Mircosoft update. However, after this happens, my computer always gets stuck on a black screen with the waiting symbol. put a picture belowI have let the...
  7. Issue with installing updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows Update/Installation Issues

Windows Update/Installation Issues: I seem to be experiencing a host of issues with my computer and I am not entirely sure how it happened. First, the computer seems to be stuck on version 1809 build 17763.1158. Getting it to update has proved futile. It downloads the update but fails on installation. I have...
  9. windows 2020 update install issues ?

windows 2020 update install issues ?: when I am installing 2020update it shows me some errors like Error code0x8024000b and i tried so many times but I am unable install new update . always it stops installing after 30 % and its show me to reinstall again pls help to solve this issue ?...
  10. update and installation issue

update and installation issue: hi, i am facing the problem in windows 10 since long time that is "we couldn't complete updates undoing changes" please help me out with this and give me solution....