Windows 10: It's like a hangover ( + sound issues)

Discus and support It's like a hangover ( + sound issues) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So one improvement I've noticed with Win 10 (and I have no idea why this would be) is that games which my system could previously barely handle, now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Paul0o0o0, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Paul0o0o0 Win User

It's like a hangover ( + sound issues)

So one improvement I've noticed with Win 10 (and I have no idea why this would be) is that games which my system could previously barely handle, now run much better/smoother/stable. It's almost like Win 10 upgraded (slightly) my hardware, or the hardware's abilities. The downside, however, is that upon exiting the game over the next 10-15 minutes the system operates as though it has 2 or 3 copies of the game still running in the background. A simple refresh can take as long as 3 minutes to happen, opening a folder can take about 5 minutes, and attempting to open my browser can cause the system to hang for a solid 15 minutes. Furthermore, while there is significant improvement in performance after this initial period, it literally takes about 3 days (with no games run) to properly recover so that everything happens in a flash (the speed I'm used to). During those 3 days it's almost as if everything I try to do must be checked and verified first (somewhat like after downloading a file and I have to wait for my antivirus to scan it first before I can open it). It's a slight delay, but it's noticeable nonetheless.

Less important, but also frustrating, is the sound issue I'm having. Pre win 10 upgrade I didn't have a need to touch my volume button in months. Now, it seems erratic and I'm constantly adjusting the volume. One video is barely audible with my volume turned to max, while another can be deafening with the volume almost at 0. Sometimes the volume barely changes at all even when I go from "1" to "100," while other times "40" might be too low, but "41" too loud. I've checked the drivers and they're up to date so I'm at a loss on what to do about this.

Thanks.

:)

Paul0o0o0, Jun 22, 2016

2. Nokia E75 -- screen hazy, unsteady, dithered/blurred

Are you sure you didn't just have a hangover? It's like a hangover ( + sound issues) ;)

Seriously it sounds like the phone either has a hardware issue with it's screen, connector or mainboard. I highly doubt that it's a software issue due to the behaviour detailed.

You should take it to a nokia care point and ask them to take a look at it. Hopefully it will just be a simple case of them replacing the screen or connector.

Kundensupport | Nokia Phones

psychomania---01, Jun 22, 2016
  3. sevsam Win User
    Ovi Store

Cheers mate,bit of a hangover this morning.

bsmsn.

sevsam, Jun 22, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Try doing sfc /scannow and dism fix. DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image - Windows 10 Forums Also upgrade your video and sound drivers to see if that may be the issue.

Have you checked the forums for the games to see if others are having this same issue with 10 and those particular games? Usually the mfg will issue a fix in cases like this.

bro67, Jun 22, 2016
Thema:

1. It's like a hangover ( + sound issues) - Similar Threads - hangover sound issues

2. video sounds like chipmunk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    video sounds like chipmunk: Play back on youtube and other video is to fast sounds like chipmunk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-sounds-like-chipmunk/a29da92b-5f3d-4b27-aa4b-bce2e32c531f
  3. video sounds like chipmunk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    video sounds like chipmunk: Play back on youtube and other video is to fast sounds like chipmunk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-sounds-like-chipmunk/a29da92b-5f3d-4b27-aa4b-bce2e32c531f
  4. Crackling/Static like sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Crackling/Static like sound: hi so i was using my laptop on windows 10 and i opened a tab to watch youtube and suddenly a random crackling sound happened whenever sound played from the video. and its not just youtube its all sites. it happens with both my headphones in and them out so its not my...
  5. Sound issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound issues: Hi! Everytime i start my pc the sound doesn't work so i need to uninstall the drivers and restart my computer then it will work. But next time i starts up my computer i have to do it all over again. What can cause this issue?...
  6. Sound Issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sound Issues: I've Recently Updated Windows to 19H1 after the update every time I put my laptop into Hibernate Sound doesn't work on my laptop's speakers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-issues/9e8a0792-1141-4ec0-a246-9f080deeceab
  7. annoying sound like a virus

in Windows 10 Customization
    annoying sound like a virus: it started with the chrome browser on youtube whenever i would watch a youtube video at the end of the video a weird drum sound was played i thought maybe only in the video it was played,,, actually most commonly appeared in music videos but NOW IN MY COMPUTER WITHOUT A...
  8. sound issues

sound issues: I have no sound on my laptop. It keeps saying my Audio and Audio End Point is not running but it is running, also says my default audio has been stopped. I have tried everything ans still no sound..Help!! :(...
  9. Issues with sound in games, sounds like it's on the radio

Issues with sound in games, sounds like it's on the radio: For some reason some games I play will start screwing up. Recently I played Stellaris and the sound would just fade and rise in volume. Sometimes audio might dip by 90% of decibels and then other times it sounds like I'm listening to the radio inside a tunnel. Youtube...
  10. Sound issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Sound issue: Hello fellow windows 10 users. So today I found out that my sound is acting very strange. Let me explain, my sound works perfectly normal on the internet(youtube) and on skype. But when I try to use an application like Minecraft, Counter Strike GO and Spotify the sound...