Windows 10: .jpg and Windows Live Mail??

Discus and support .jpg and Windows Live Mail?? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Greetings. I have imported Brinks .regfile from this site: Windows Photo Viewer - Restore in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums And it works fine,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Burgurne, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Burgurne Win User

.jpg and Windows Live Mail??

Greetings.
    I have imported Brinks .regfile from this site:
    Windows Photo Viewer - Restore in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

And it works fine, except when I get an email with an attached .jpg file. When I want to open this .jpg file Windows 10 allways ask which app I want to open with, using "Windows Photo viewer" as default (as I want to to be). I can tick a mark in "allways use this app to open .jpg", but the next time I try, windows again ask me which app I want to use.

This is ONLY in Windows Live Mail this happens. If I open a .jpg-file from anything else, it just opens in Windows Photo viewer. How do I learn WLM, that it also shall use Windows Photoviewer to view .jpg??

:)

Burgurne, Jun 15, 2016

2. Living images in Windows 10 Photo App

Hi I tried to view a living image in Photos App (desktop) and works with jpg file only. Is the video stored inside jpg? I'm windows 10 mobile to capture living images.

Alvaro L García, Jun 15, 2016
  3. Emailed Photos

1. Email Client access

2. All jpg photos

3.I use Windows Live Mail

HelenVeivers, Jun 15, 2016
  4. RWOne Win User

You could try uninstalling and reinstalling WLM, but ...

Unless someone has a solution to implement within WLM, or you can find one on the net, most likely you won't be able to correct it.

MS is leaving WLM in the dust and leaning towards the (largely unfinished, MO) Mail app.

You could move to that, or a different email app.

RWOne, Jun 15, 2016
  5. Place a check mark in the box before pressing OK

.jpg and Windows Live Mail?? [​IMG]

Slartybart, Jun 15, 2016
  6. Burgurne Win User
    As I wrote in the beginning, I have tried this severel times :-( It don't remember the setting.

The error first came around _after_ I imported Brink's .regfile. Before that it open with the default photo-app within windows 10. Because of that, I am hoping, that there are missing something (small??) info in the reg.database, and Brink or another clever person can point me in the right direction.

Burgurne, Jun 15, 2016
  7. and so you did - my apologies, I missed it. *Redface

I'll see how WLM handles attached images on Wn8 and compare that to how WLM handles the same images on Win10.

Win8 does not need the reset Photoviewer , Win10 does (I have it on my Win10 box)

If you right click the attachment, is Preview a menu pick? Not a solution, but until I get around to comparing the behavior of WLM on Win8 v Win10 (or Brink pops in with THE answer as he is wont to do) , it might be a workaround

Slartybart, Jun 15, 2016
  8. Kbird Win User

Did you go through the manual method in the tutorial and check everything ?

Personally I use WLM Photo Gallery instead of the Photo Viewer and made it my default photo App.

Kbird, Jun 16, 2016
  9. Burgurne Win User
    Solved.
    I downloaded the "undo" .reg-file from Brink, and after running that, I tried again with the .reg-file without "sort-order-fix" and this time it was a succes .jpg and Windows Live Mail?? :)

Burgurne, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. .jpg and Windows Live Mail?? - Similar Threads - jpg Live Mail

2. windows live mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows live mail: I cannot send or receive e-mail from my windows live mail 2011. My internet provider is sky. Sky Yahoo via e-mail apps. Sky has told me that sky.com e-mails will no longer support out of date versions of some e-mail apps and I need to update to the latest software. How do I...
  3. Windows Live Mail

Windows Live Mail: Hi I have just deleted thousands of emails from my computer but today they are all starting to come back. How do I stop deleted emails from coming back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-mail/06fd9be5-3564-49e6-b367-5c685037f4e1
  4. WINDOWS LIVE MAIL

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    WINDOWS LIVE MAIL: How can I sign in to Windows Live Mail to change the password if it won't recognize any of my usual passwords? I have no email access and over 9000 emails wailing to arrive. HELP!!!!! Greg Young...
  5. windows live mail

windows live mail: for several years I have been unable to send email from windows live mail box when I'm away from home, but service has always returned to normal when I return to my home address....this year, after returning home, I am still unable to send or reply to emails...receiving mail...
  6. Windows Live mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Live mail: E-Mails that I have put in folders on my windows live mail have moved back into the in box as unread. Does anyone have any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-mail/0e4c4edf-6f0a-4976-adf6-b1aec9d0233c
  7. windows live mail

windows live mail: My OS is windows 10 and I want to uninstall Live Mail. Cannot seem to find the file/program to uninstall it. How? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-mail/9a16d999-6330-4377-822a-bddbf752a1db"
  8. Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Live Mail: Trying to update my Live Mail Account. Showing old email address and want to correct it to my new address. Cannot send mail through this account on my home page. Using Windows 10....
  9. windows live mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows live mail: When I click on a link there is no response. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-mail/b01da16f-a033-4766-b24c-752d59512bee
  10. windows live mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows live mail: my outgoing emails are stuck in outbox https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-live-mail/63c5c15c-35cb-4c55-9326-bf53a9df221c