Windows 10: June/July Problems - Mouse issues, Win Unresponsive, Can't Navig

Discus and support June/July Problems - Mouse issues, Win Unresponsive, Can't Navig in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've been an early adopter of Win 10 with almost no issues on 5 computers. Last week, started to have some mouse issues - restarted a few times and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Remodelboy, Jul 3, 2016.

1. June/July Problems - Mouse issues, Win Unresponsive, Can't Navig

I've been an early adopter of Win 10 with almost no issues on 5 computers. Last week, started to have some mouse issues - restarted a few times and issues went away. Today, they're back and won't go away.

Description -

1) The cursor moves around normally, but when you go to left click on an icon or menu item, nothing happens.

2) Found that clicking the right button seems to work on menu items but nothing happens when I right click on the red x (close window icon).

3) As I attempted to use the trouble shooting software in Win 10, I found that even while trying to navigate around windows using the mouse and hitting enter when over a selection, Windows seems to not be paying attention to my selections and wants to open up what it wants to.

4) I've tried to open device manager and Uninstal the drivers for the mouse - won't let me using the navigation techniques that I've mentioned.

5) Tried to do a software restore - won't let me.

6) Tried to open Norton - no dice

7) Can open a jpeg from an icon on my desk, opens, but then I can't close it.

9) Most every window that I open seems impossible to close once open.

10) Sometimes I click on another icon in Control Panel, but it just brings me back to another open window.

11) I have been able to shut down and restart Win 10 using the mouse to move the cursor around and enter key to select.

12) Seems like I've encountered something like this before, but then just avoided my computer for a week, then the next time that I started it, it did an update and everything was cool - hate to have to do a fresh install - I can't seem to navigate to restore.

Thanks in advance!

:)

Remodelboy, Jul 3, 2016

2. July 6th where is Win10 upgrade?

It was supposed to release on 29th june but it is 6th july, still no notification to download Win 10. Where is Win 10? And no info online!

iqbalanwer, Jul 3, 2016
  3. Windows 10 not responding to left mouse click but does respond to keyboard commands

After installing Windows 10, the start menu has been unresponsive to my left mouse click when I try to select an app or try to open setting, but when I use the tab key on the keyboard it navigates the start menu normally. I can't find a solution to my
    problem online so I'm coming on here for some help with my problem

Brayan Selva, Jul 3, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

June/July Problems - Mouse issues, Win Unresponsive, Can't Navig

simrick, Jul 4, 2016
  5. Thanks simrick! And extra thanks for the links - otherwise the repair would have been above my pay grade! I won't be able to work on it till later, but I will post what happens.

Remodelboy, Jul 4, 2016
  6. simrick Win User
    Yes, please report back. If you have any questions, please post first before proceeding. Good luck. *Smile

simrick, Jul 4, 2016
  7. Okay, following the guide "Repair Install Win 10". Mouse and buttons are not cooperating. Was able to navigate with the mouse, then found some windows responsive to combination of right clicks and hitting enter.

Ended up getting furthest using Media creator tool. 79% downloaded so far. Will update.

Remodelboy, Jul 4, 2016
  8. June/July Problems - Mouse issues, Win Unresponsive, Can't Navig

Having to use Alt-A to select "Accept" and Alt-A for "Next", etc. Mouse clicks, right and left won't do it, not even the combination of left click to highlight and enter key to select. I'm desparate, trying everything and just posting it before I forget - in case it helps someone else.

Just noticed that if I move the cursor just to the right of the "install" box, it was highlighted and then the enter key worked - otherwise I would have tried Alt-I.

Remodelboy, Jul 4, 2016
  9. Okay, problem. Got to the ready to install window. Selected Install box and hit enter with Install windows 10 home and Keep personal files and apps selected. Went through a couple of screens like checking to see if you are ready, then checking to see if there is enough space, but then ended up back at the "Ready to Install " window. Happened a couple of times.

Tried it again using Alt-I to select Install - and it worked. Got the "Installing Windows 10" screen with the % of progress showing. "Your computer will restart in a few moments". Will continue posting.

Remodelboy, Jul 4, 2016
  10. Restarted, now the screen says" updating windows-your PC will restart several times" and there is a circle with % of progress showing.

Remodelboy, Jul 4, 2016
  11. Went through the whole update / repair process and the mouse will still not left click on anything properly. The cursor moves around and the icons light up, but if you double left click on anything or select with the left mouse button, nothing happens.

when I can get control panel to open and then select Mouse, there is a short fraction of a second where it looks like one screen, maybe logitech or ms, shows up, but then is covered over by the multi-tabbed menu for mouse related items. The menu is unresponsive and keeps popping up when clicking on other things.

I have been unable to go to device manager and remove the mouse drivers, but was able to enter Programs through the control panel, then found MS mouse and keyboard app to uninstall. Next, I Uninstalled the Logitech mouse program. Restarted and still no left mouse button function from the default MS simple hardware driver.

I'm getting pretty good at moving around and right clicking to navigate. Going to see if I can get Norton up and scanning.

Remodelboy, Jul 4, 2016
  12. simrick Win User
    Thanks for all the updates and info - sorry I have been a bit busy.
    So you've got all 3rd-party mouse and keyboard software uninstalled now and still problems?
    I'd like you to get into Device Manager and delete the mouse and keyboard, then reboot. How to get there? *Confused

simrick, Jul 4, 2016
  13. June/July Problems - Mouse issues, Win Unresponsive, Can't Navig

Doing a full scan with Norton. While it is running, has already found 8 security risks and resolved them.

This problem did not correct with the update / repair process. Seems like a corrupted mouse driver, but seems strange that it just popped up out of nowhere and seems to almost be trying to make it difficult to correct. I used the computer just a few days ago and everything was good.

Remodelboy, Jul 4, 2016
  14. simrick Win User
    Do you have a spare corded mouse you can temporarily plug into the system?

simrick, Jul 4, 2016
  15. simrick Win User
    I would like to see the scan results log when it's finished, to see if I can determine what, if anything, we're dealing with.
    Were you ever able to run ADWCleaner?

simrick, Jul 4, 2016
Thema:

June/July Problems - Mouse issues, Win Unresponsive, Can't Navig

1. June/July Problems - Mouse issues, Win Unresponsive, Can't Navig - Similar Threads - June July Problems

2. Mouse navigation problems possibly after an update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse navigation problems possibly after an update?: Good day, everyone.I'm currently facing the following problems with the "mouse" in my PC:Holding click and dragging when I mean to do a single click.Won't select text when double-clicking.Double-click when I'm trying to hold a click.Won't scroll down pages with multiple text...
  3. Mouse navigation problems possibly after an update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse navigation problems possibly after an update?: Good day, everyone.I'm currently facing the following problems with the "mouse" in my PC:Holding click and dragging when I mean to do a single click.Won't select text when double-clicking.Double-click when I'm trying to hold a click.Won't scroll down pages with multiple text...
  4. Problems with the updates from June, July or August 2020

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems with the updates from June, July or August 2020: Hello! Until now we have not found out which most likely cumulative updates of the last months exactly results in these problems but our users PCs Win 10 x64 enterprise v1809 and some with v1903 run in several problems afterwards: 1 Trouble with using PCL-printers after...
  5. Keyboard & Mouse unresponsive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard & Mouse unresponsive: I turned my off Sunday night because I received a message from Microsoft saying there was and update. Since then my mouse and keyboard do not work. I have tried other mice and keyboards, same thing. Once the blue screen with the 4 windows opens I loose control of my keyboard...
  6. Mouse/explorer unresponsive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse/explorer unresponsive: I was in a discord call with a friend when I noticed my mouse wasn't actually clicking. I opened task manager and reset explorer and it didn't seem to solve the issue. The keyboard works fine. I tried tabbing out and couldn't change tabs, and the mouse seemed like it couldn't...
  7. What is new in June-July in Microsoft Forms

in Windows 10 News
    What is new in June-July in Microsoft Forms: Recently we have brought more innovative capabilities to help users create forms faster and more professionally. Microsoft Forms now intelligently offers theme recommendations and supports section branching, one of the most demanded features by the users. We also continue...
  8. Mouse and keyboard unresponsive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mouse and keyboard unresponsive: Hi, please I did a system recovery on my desktop PC, windows 10 and my mouse and keyboard not responding anymore. I don't even get to see the mouse pointer so I can say its frozen. I want to know if it's got anything to do with the OS. I need help?...
  9. July 29th not June 29th

in Windows 10 Support
    July 29th not June 29th: I was getting so excited for windows 10 on the 29th June....and then I realised it's July not June lol! Silly me, I must have read it wrong. And there I was looking forward to installing it tomorrow! I even bought myself a new SSD and cloned my W8.1 over! This is how I...
  10. Win 10 Navigation

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Navigation: Just been looking at win 10 insider preview or whatever on my sons laptop, first impressions are - it sucks! A very important part of my pc involves using the control panel - where the hell is it? I do not like the scrolling adaptation of the start menu, I prefer all my...