Windows 10: (KB3191868) x64 Install Error

Discus and support (KB3191868) x64 Install Error in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi. I'm on Windows 10 Build 1703 and have an update problem with June 6, 2017, Update for Office 2016 (KB3191868) I tried to install manually,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by tommygun, Jun 15, 2017.

1. tommygun Win User

(KB3191868) x64 Install Error

Hi.

I'm on Windows 10 Build 1703 and have an update problem with June 6, 2017, Update for Office 2016 (KB3191868)

I tried to install manually, but installation failed as well.

Also I did reset Windows 10 Update Components and tried all available troubleshoot options, but nothing worked.

Any help is very much appreciated.

:)

tommygun, Jun 15, 2017
  2. QDG
    QDG Win User

Can't install microsoft visual c++ 2010 redistributable x64 on Windows 10 (64 bit)

I uninstalled all Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable, 2012 (x86/x64), 2013 (x64), & 2015 (x86/x64) and tried installing 2010. However, I still get an error (Fatal error during installation) during install.

I also tried re-registering the .dll files but I still get the fatal error.

3. The last 2 Windows updates have failed to install

Update 1607 X64 due to error 0X80070002 have fail ti install

Update 1703 x64 due tu error as above

What can i do?

GilbertD'Amours, Jun 15, 2017
  4. (KB3191868) x64 Install Error

Hi Tommygun.

Read that link. Just to clarify are you running a purchase Office 2016 not Office 365.

You will also notice that they suggested clicking on "File", Account and then Update Options. It sounds like you did this and the first time it gave you an error, correct.

Can you share error message?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 16, 2017
  5. tommygun Win User
    ....... thanks for your reply.

The error code is 0x80070643

I'm running Microsoft Office Pro Plus x64 MSI installer, there is no option to update from inside the application, as far as I know it's only available in Click-to-Run installations.

By the way, this is a fresh Windows 10 installation I'm on - not an update.

I think Windows Update is working alright, the error must be related to this specific update.

Yesterday I installed Microsoft Office Proofing Tools 2016 and Office got updated afterwards except for the (KB3191868) update which had the same install error code 0x80070643 again.

Just this moment while I'm writing this message Windows updated with a system update successfully it only has a problem with the update in question.

If you or someone else got a suggestion please let me know .......

tommygun, Jun 16, 2017
  6. Hi Tommygun

Here is a more detailed process to manually reset Windows Update Components. I've seen most of this posted before and I've used a condensed version myself.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...f-468311f4edd6

You will notice you are not actually deleting anything, rather renaming it which is the recommended way to go.

Now I always recommend having a plan B so I would suggest you create an Image of your existing system with a tool like Macrium Reflect.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 16, 2017
  7. Cliff S New Member
    Cliff S, Jun 16, 2017
  8. tommygun Win User

....... thanks for your sugesstions.

I tried both of them, but the install failure remains.

For now I turned off "Give me updates for other Micrsoft products when I update Windows" until I find a solution.

Thanks for your help .......

tommygun, Jun 17, 2017
  9. tommygun Win User
    ....... in addition to the update error I'm facing another problem.

The turned off "Give me updates for other Micrsoft products when I update Windows" is reverting back to be turned on by itself after a few restarts which is also quiet annoying.

Sorry, if this doesn't belong in this thread .......

tommygun, Jun 19, 2017
  10. tommygun Win User
    ....... just to let you guys know, I finally installed the update in question.

I did repair my Office 2016 installation even though it was installed just a few days ago, restarted and turned off my ESET NOD32 Antivirus and installed manually from the downloaded update file and that was it.

The only thing I'm missing is the recommended driver and optional updates like Silverlight for example which are available shown by my Antivirus and also available if I check with the Windows Update MinniTool.

It would be nice if someone got a suggestion on how to make them available in Windows Update.

Thank you guys for trying to help out .......

tommygun, Jun 20, 2017
  11. That is good news.

Not sure what you are meaning about missing driver updates or optional updates. If you could tell us what version of Windows you are on we might be able to get drivers going again. Windows key + R, type winver, enter.

I thought we had lost concept of optional updates. Silverlight will not run in Chrome any more and I think Firefox may be or has dropped.

What kind of error are you get with Silverlight?

Caledon Ken, Jun 20, 2017
  12. tommygun Win User
    ....... I'm on Windows 10 1703 Build 15063.413 on a fresh install not an upgrade.

No more errors at all, also having "Give me updates for other Micrsoft products when I update Windows" enabled.

(KB3191868) x64 Install Error [​IMG]

Silverlight was just an example, it's not that I need it or want it.

ESET NOD32 Antivirus is checking for Windows updates as well when enabled (see screenshot) and it shows me the same list of recommended and optional updates like Windows Update MiniTool.

I wonder why the recommended updates are not coming while running Windows Update .......

tommygun, Jun 20, 2017
  13. Cliff S New Member

Never trust any 3rd party updater utilities... never.
    Only exception is the one that comes with your mainboard, as those drivers, are tested for that specific board.

To check your driver use Device Manager, and right click each one to see if they need updating.

Cliff S, Jun 20, 2017
  14. I would like to second that.

I'll go a step further, if your machine is running well, you are done. If you start updating drivers do it slowly. That way you will be in a better position to identify a problematic one. Do one a week. Yes it will take some time but a lot less time than rolling back multiple drivers and or recovering from a BSOD.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 20, 2017
  15. tommygun Win User
    ....... thanks for your replies.

I don't want to update any drivers as everything is running smooth so far, just was wondering why Windows Update does not provide these recommended and optional updates as it used to.

By the way, running wushowhide.diagcab available here shows the same list as my antivirus program.

Thanks again .......

tommygun, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. (KB3191868) x64 Install Error - Similar Threads - KB3191868 x64 Install

2. Installing PowerShell 7-x64.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing PowerShell 7-x64.: The installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-powershell-7-x64/6d1d6de6-1b6f-44df-a221-9eedc66632c1
  3. Unable to install 8.1 x64.

Unable to install 8.1 x64.: I cannot install 8.1 x64. It boots from the CD, takes the code, does some stuff them tells me to remove the CD and boot normally. It does not boot normally, it boots in to the BIOS. How do I get further? The "appropriate help stream" selector does not allow me to ask the...
  4. Problems installing vc_redist x64

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems installing vc_redist x64: trying to install a game through steam that keeps poping up every time i start the game it is trying to install the microsoft visual redistributeables or somthing like that but it cant find the installation package.ive been looking for a solution for a couple of hours now...
  5. Problems installing vc_redist x64

Problems installing vc_redist x64: trying to install a game through steam that keeps poping up every time i start the game it is trying to install the microsoft visual redistributeables or somthing like that but it cant find the installation package.ive been looking for a solution for a couple of hours now...
  6. Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Installation Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Installation Error: Hello, Iam Tarun from India, I have been trying to install windows 7 Ultimate x64 on my pc, Iam using Kingston Datatraveler 108 pmap Flash drive, the installation was pretty nice but when it came to a stage where the installation process was at 20 percent it showed me an...
  7. Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Installation Error

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Installation Error: Hello, Iam Tarun from India, I have been trying to install windows 7 Ultimate x64 on my pc, Iam using Kingston Datatraveler 108 pmap Flash drive, the installation was pretty nice but when it came to a stage where the installation process was at 20 percent it showed me an...
  8. 19042.572 x64, error 0x8007000d on installing kb4586781

19042.572 x64, error 0x8007000d on installing kb4586781: Environment Windows 10 Pro for Workstations x64, 19042.572 [ATTACH] These Windows features were installed: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Steps to reproduce Try installing KB4586781 via either Windows Update or DISM use .cab file. Expected behavior The...
  9. Error: ActivID x64 could not be completely installed while installing ActivClient 7.1

Error: ActivID x64 could not be completely installed while installing ActivClient 7.1: Can't install Activclient 7.1 on windows 10, install wizard gives error that it could not complete install I have tried to restart computer and install with no luck. The wizard gave error: ActivID x64 could not be completely installed. Complete another time ***Original...
  10. Windows Installer error while trying to install Visual C++ 2010 x64

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Installer error while trying to install Visual C++ 2010 x64: [ATTACH] This kind of error is only happening on versions prior to 2012 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-installer-error-while-trying-to-install/39bf4996-f9fd-4b86-873a-f1c1e9275ac3

Users found this page by searching for:

1. KB3191868