Windows 10: KB4462919 Windows update reset bios settings

Discus and support KB4462919 Windows update reset bios settings in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, After windows update KB4462919 was installed automatically, all my bios settings were reset. I haven't the bios password, and i can't change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MordehaiZaitler, Oct 26, 2018.

1. KB4462919 Windows update reset bios settings

Hello,

After windows update KB4462919 was installed automatically, all my bios settings were reset. I haven't the bios password, and i can't change bios settings.

Any solution to this critical issue?

Thanks,

Mordehai

:)

MordehaiZaitler, Oct 26, 2018
  2. Tryx3 Win User

How do I update the BIOS & reset Catroot2 for the Creators Update?

Don't bother messing about with catroot2 yourself, it is merely one of the steps in resetting Windows update & clearing the current print queue.

• I am surprised the "tech" did not suggest running the Windows update troubleshooter - Settings, Update, Troubleshoot - instead of giving you manual instructions to achieve the same end.
    • The troubleshooter is not that good anyway, use the batch file you can download from

Windows Update - Reset - TenForums
      instead because it is more effective.

Denis

Tryx3, Oct 26, 2018
  3. BAGZZlash Win User
    MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Oct 26, 2018
  4. KB4462919 Windows update reset bios settings

Should I update bios?

I would read the warranty before doing anything. If the manufacturer finds out you did something not on their approved list of steps,for example using a program they didn't list, or a bios, etc, they can treat your video card rma like you threw it against the wall , because if something goes wrong and you didn't follow their steps exactly ,it was damaged through human error and they're not likely going to be obligated to cover it warranty wise. I don't know for sure, I just advocate that you check first , and I also advocate that you verify that it's an actual update ,because very rarely do manufacturers release updates for gpu bios'. And they most certainly wont cover a GPU "update" if its a bios file written by some dude in the Ukraine, it has to be a set process, they have predetermined often.

jboydgolfer, Oct 26, 2018
Thema:

KB4462919 Windows update reset bios settings

1. KB4462919 Windows update reset bios settings - Similar Threads - KB4462919 update reset

2. BIOS reset setting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BIOS reset setting: Hello, I recently gave my brother my laptop for like 2 years and he changed a lot of things in the BIOS and I don't feel comfortable with them and I want to go back but I don't remember which were the default settings (the laptop is a HP 14-r203ns) so I wonder if it were like...
  3. BIOS Update and reset BIOS settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BIOS Update and reset BIOS settings: Yesterday I updated my BIOS and everything is working fine. Now do I need to reset the BIOS settings or I leave it as it is? I read somewhere that it's good to reset the bios settings after you do a BIOS update . What should I do, thanks. 137701
  4. BIOS Update and reset BIOS settings

in Windows 10 Support
    BIOS Update and reset BIOS settings: Yesterday I updated my BIOS and everything is working fine. Now do I need to reset the BIOS settings or I leave it at it is? I read somewhere that it's good to reset the bios settings after you do a BIOS update . What should I do, thanks. 137701
  5. Windows update KB4462919 refuses to install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update KB4462919 refuses to install: I have tried deleting the download update cache files and re downloading the update, I have reset windows update components, and I have tried downloading the standalone update installer but this update will not install. In Windows Update in the Settings app, it downloads...
  6. Windows Update will not install KB4462919

Windows Update will not install KB4462919: Windows Update downloaded KB4462919 about a week ago. The update history page says that it requires a restart to finish installing, though I have repeatedly restarted the system. I tried using the update troubleshooter, which said that it found and fixed some problems, but...
  7. Win update kb4462919 stuck on initializing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win update kb4462919 stuck on initializing: Win 10 update for 64x systems 1830 (kb4462919) is stuck on initializing. Disc running at 100% pc (Alienware i7) is lagging so bad it taled 83 sec for windows explorer to open. Several pending minor updates from as far back as . Any help will be greatly appreciated. 120148
  8. Win update kb4462919 stuck on initializing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win update kb4462919 stuck on initializing: Update 1830 64x systems Update stuck on initializing. Disc running @ 100% pc (Alienware i7) lagging tales 84 sec for a window explorer to open. Any help would be greatly appreciate have several othe minor updates pending from over 2 months ago 120147
  9. Update KB4462919 causes multiple errors

Update KB4462919 causes multiple errors: My printers disappear and excel crashes when I click to "enable edit" on a spreadsheet. I also could not re-install the printer drivers. When I uninstalled KB4462919 everything was fine again. I have disabled the auto update, as Windows tried to install the update again...
  10. Windows 10 Update - KB4462919

Windows 10 Update - KB4462919: Is it safe now (10th October 2018) to install the latest Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4462919) ? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-kb4462919/f6458cf5-b225-4482-87f1-42bd052f7acc
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. KB4462919

2. kb4462919 energy settings