Windows 10: keyboard and mouse don't function any more

Discus and support keyboard and mouse don't function any more in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I hope this is being posted in the right place?! I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 last year, and have been through many teething... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Pseudomax, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Pseudomax Win User

keyboard and mouse don't function any more

Hi

I hope this is being posted in the right place?! I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 last year, and have been through many teething problems over the last 6 months. Last week I decided to reset the PC and this has solved most of the problems I was having. However, I now have a new problem, and it relates to the lock screen. Basically, I can boot into Windows without a problem, and use the computer as usual. However, I have disabled sleep mode as I sometimes login remotely. When I leave the computer and let it log out, essentially when I return I am unable to get back in without doing a hard reset of the computer. When I try, the computer acknowledges me by turning the monitors on and showing me the screen saver, but after that the keyboard and mouse don't function any more.

I have tried reinstalling drivers (especially wireless & network drivers which seem to have caused this for others),
    I have disabled 'fastboot'
    And I have called the Windows technical support line which was a waste of 15min of my life (x2) ...

I wonder whether there are any other suggestions? I have currently disabled the lock screen, but actually do want the screen as from time to time the computer does require to be kept private for work purposes.

Any help gratefully received!

:)

Pseudomax, Feb 3, 2016

2. Windows 10 Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center fails to install reporting a copy previousley installed which cant be uninstalled.

Thanks for your thought ...however, the issue is not with binding the devices and the receiver the issue is with not being able to install Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center so that I can configure the mouse (click select and pan wheel) and keyboard (function
    and custom keys) so they are not very functional. Iv spoken with MS engineers and given one access to my PC remotely and she has escalated the problem to ?????? I don't know because in one and a half hours of hold music followed by a line drop out it is
    still not resolved. I believe Windows 10 has been rushed out and the folks who look after Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center do not yet have a complete solution. They have provided a "lite" driver so that there is some functionality and that is intentionally
    blocking the install of the 64bit driver on the MMKC site because it is not yet compatible with Windows 10.

Of course nobody in MS is allowed to confirm this ...... so I just don't know.

Now experimenting with a Logitech device ...which appears to work but is USB wired .... plan to test a Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse shortly ..... it will be more cost effective than any more phone calls for help from MS.

Mark Ellis, Feb 3, 2016
  3. Jbbl5 Win User
    Problems with Windows 10 Computer Reset Function

Thank you for your reply, but I'm not sure you really understand the question. The mouse and keyboard both function appropriately while the computer is booted with Windows 10 and during a portion of the booting process. The problem is that during any
    effort to utilize the computer reset function or other advanced startup functions, the computer prompts me to select a keyboard format, and it is just prior to that keyboard format selection request that both the mouse and keyboard cease to function, making
    it impossible move forward into the computer reset function or other advanced startup functions. You can literally watch the power being turned off from the mouse and keyboard just prior to the keyboard format selection prompt...i.e. the light on the mouse
    turns off and the lights on the keyboard (like caps lock and numerical lock) turn off.

Jbbl5, Feb 3, 2016
Thema:

keyboard and mouse don't function any more

1. keyboard and mouse don't function any more - Similar Threads - keyboard mouse don't

2. Keyboard and mouse not functioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse not functioning: Hi! I'm using an ASUS desktop that was dual booted with Ubuntu and Windows 7. On Windows 7, the keyboard was functioning but the mouse wasn't - so I downloaded the Remote Mouse app. As long as the app is launched, I can connect to the pc over WiFi and use my phone as a...
  3. Keyboard and mouse not functioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and mouse not functioning: Hi! I'm using an ASUS desktop that was dual booted with Ubuntu and Windows 7. On Windows 7, the keyboard was functioning but the mouse wasn't - so I downloaded the Remote Mouse app. As long as the app is launched, I can connect to the pc over WiFi and use my phone as a...
  4. Keyboard and mouse not functioning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Stuck in tablet mode - no keyboard or mouse functionality!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in tablet mode - no keyboard or mouse functionality!: I have a 2 in 1 laptop and it wouldn't flip over my usual tv watching mode/go into tablet mode 2 days ago. Yesterday I switched my laptop on and it is stuck in tablet mode - I can't use the keyboard/touchpad and the screen is expanded. I am having to type this on my screen...
  6. Stuck in tablet mode - no keyboard or mouse functionality!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in tablet mode - no keyboard or mouse functionality!: I have a 2 in 1 laptop and it wouldn't flip over my usual tv watching mode/go into tablet mode 2 days ago. Yesterday I switched my laptop on and it is stuck in tablet mode - I can't use the keyboard/touchpad and the screen is expanded. I am having to type this on my screen...
  7. Keyboard & Mouse don't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard & Mouse don't work: USB Kyeboard & Mouse work in BIOS and in windows troubleshooting but after windows 10 starts loading they both stop functioningThe USB ports still function with my wifi adapter and others but not with my keyboard or mouseThis problem persists though a windows 10 reinstall...
  8. asus laptop keyboard and mouse not functioning totally

asus laptop keyboard and mouse not functioning totally: hi I cant find the keyboard driver in the device manager to uninstall it ,how to get back my laptop keyboard working pls help. my usb mouse also cannot use after plugin...
  9. Logitech Software crashing, mouse functions don't work.

in Windows 10 Support
    Logitech Software crashing, mouse functions don't work.: It started with not automatically switching profiles for each game that is played. Now it'll only stay open if it is on mouse memory profiles. And the mouse programmed buttons don't work in games If I try to click on the pc mode the software closes from the desktop entirely....
  10. Bluetooth mouse paired but will not connected any more

Bluetooth mouse paired but will not connected any more: Hi there, My Bluetooth mouse "Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse" is paired to my PC but will not connect any more. The only mean I found to get it back to work is to go in the Windows menu: Settings > Devices > Bluetooth, to delete "Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse" device, to push...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. scroll function on keyboard and mouse dont function