Windows 10: Keyboard issue - HP desktop after OS updated to Windows 10, version 1903

Discus and support Keyboard issue - HP desktop after OS updated to Windows 10, version 1903 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Key 5 when typed results in 5g. Some other keys also have problem like typing h results in 6h. Keying in S opens up new window etc., I've tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by roj1, Oct 6, 2019.

1. roj1 Win User

Keyboard issue - HP desktop after OS updated to Windows 10, version 1903

Key 5 when typed results in 5g. Some other keys also have problem like typing h results in 6h.

Keying in S opens up new window etc.,

I've tried to update keyboard driver and other online suggestions like holding fn+num lock key but nothing helped.

:)

roj1, Oct 6, 2019

2. Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 6, 2019
  3. L.S.Sons Win User
    Issues while using keyboard after updating to Windows 10 1903

HELLO, I HAVE KEYBOARD ISSUES SINCE 1903 UPDATE ON MY HP PAVILLION LAPTOP OS WIN 10 64 BIT. WHEN I START TO TYPE IT EITHER DOESN'T TYPE THE LETTERS I'M ENTERING OR IT STARTS PULLING UP DIFFERENT WINDOWS LIKE I USED A SHORT CUT KEY OR SOMETHING. I CAN'T
    DO ANYTHING THIS IS AN OLD MOUSE KEYBOARD IM USING NOW. SOMETIMES EVEN THIS ONE STARTS DOING SOMETHING. I REALLY NEED MY KEYBOARD. I RAN TROUBLESHOOTER SO MANY TIMES IT SAYS ITS FINE EVERY TIME. NOW, WHAT CAN I DO?

***Original title: WIN 10 1903 UPDATE KEYBOARD ISSUES HP PAVILLION LAPTOP OS WIN 10 64 BIT.***

L.S.Sons, Oct 6, 2019
  4. Keyboard issue - HP desktop after OS updated to Windows 10, version 1903

Updating Windows 10 Version 1803 to Windows 10 May 2019 Version 1903 Issues

Windows Community:

I have been attempting to update my HP Pavilion dv7-4173us Entertainment Notebook from Version 1803 for the past 3 months without success. The Windows Specifications for my notebook are: Windows 10 Home, Version 1803, Installed on 6/29/2018, and OS Build

I have attempted many if not all of the fixes suggested by the Windows Community. I stopped trying for the past two months and then tried again for the past week without success. It always stops at 90% and will reset back to Version 1803.

I get the following error code: 0xC1900101 - 0x4000D

The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation.

I have tried to manually reset Windows Update Components, using direct connection to internet instead of using WiFi, disabling anti-virus, Windows Update Troubleshooter, Windows 10 Update Assistant, copying the May 2019 Version 1903 from another computer
    onto 256 GB Thumb Drive using Media Creation Tool for the ISO Files and the other files, and other methods as well without success. I get the message that my version of Windows 10 (Version 1803) will no longer be supported after November 2019 and must update
    to Version 1903.

Is there any way to successfully update to May 2019 Version 1903? How do I correct the error messages? I have attempted to try to get any new available updates for my notebook from HP without success. Are there any ideas, step by step instructions, etc.
    that can allow the successful update to Version 1903. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Each attempt in the past takes the better part of a day to go through all the steps (starting and stopping of the notebook).

David

explorer446, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

Keyboard issue - HP desktop after OS updated to Windows 10, version 1903

1. Keyboard issue - HP desktop after OS updated to Windows 10, version 1903 - Similar Threads - Keyboard issue desktop

2. ACER Laptop issues after Windows 10 Update Version 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ACER Laptop issues after Windows 10 Update Version 1903: I originally purchased my ACER laptop at the Microsoft store in Tysons Corner. They always provided AMAZING customer service. Shortly after I downloaded the latest update, my laptop would turn on, but only to the start up screen and then it would just continously show the...
  3. Update Issues After Installing Version 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update Issues After Installing Version 1903: After version 1903 finished installingI put off updating for a long time, I went to see if there were more updates that I should install. I tried downloading and installing them, but that failed. [ATTACH] I then went to the Troubleshoot menu and selected the Windows Update...
  4. After the updated on my laptop Windows 10 version 1903 OS build 18362.535. My keyboard...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After the updated on my laptop Windows 10 version 1903 OS build 18362.535. My keyboard...: After the updated on my laptop Windows 10 version 1903 OS build 18362.535. My keyboard O,P,+,0,8,6,4 is not working . Others key work well. Even i have tried the update drivers , ease access and etc. Could you please advise the possible solution...
  5. Updating to version 1903. - issue.

Updating to version 1903. - issue.: I have been trying to update to version 1903 for quite some time, & I am now getting this error message displayed:- "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information,...
  6. Windows 10 Version 1903 Issues

Windows 10 Version 1903 Issues: So I updated to Version 1903 due to wanting to subscribe to the Xbox Game Pass Beta on PC. Upon completion, I noticed some issues right off the bat. For example.. -My boot-up time at least doubled -My performance was dragging & was slow when doing stuff such as launching...
  7. After update windows 10, version 1903 ( OS Build 18362.239 ).......system configuration...

in Windows 10 Customization
    After update windows 10, version 1903 ( OS Build 18362.239 ).......system configuration...: After update windows 10 , version 1903 , The Msconfig startup selection reverts from normal to selective startup itself I try to change it , but after restart system, it reverts to selective startup again and again itself [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] After...
  8. Issues while using keyboard after updating to Windows 10 1903

Issues while using keyboard after updating to Windows 10 1903: HELLO, I HAVE KEYBOARD ISSUES SINCE 1903 UPDATE ON MY HP PAVILLION LAPTOP OS WIN 10 64 BIT. WHEN I START TO TYPE IT EITHER DOESN'T TYPE THE LETTERS I'M ENTERING OR IT STARTS PULLING UP DIFFERENT WINDOWS LIKE I USED A SHORT CUT KEY OR SOMETHING. I CAN'T DO ANYTHING THIS IS AN...
  9. WIN 10 1903 UPDATE KEYBOARD ISSUES HP PAVILLION LAPTOP OS WIN 10 64 BIT.

WIN 10 1903 UPDATE KEYBOARD ISSUES HP PAVILLION LAPTOP OS WIN 10 64 BIT.: HELLO, I HAVE KEYBOARD ISSUES SINCE 1903 UPDATE ON MY HP PAVILLION LAPTOP OS WIN 10 64 BIT. WHEN I START TO TYPE IT EITHER DOESN'T TYPE THE LETTERS I'M ENTERING OR IT STARTS PULLING UP DIFFERENT WINDOWS LIKE I USED A SHORT CUT KEY OR SOMETHING. I CAN'T DO ANYTHING THIS IS AN...
  10. update to windows 10 version 1903 issue

update to windows 10 version 1903 issue: please fiax this update problems.thank https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-to-windows-10-version-1903-issue/0ebec7ec-d442-4cc3-90c7-9b03bf3ea977