Windows 10: keyboard shortcuts windows 10 fails after a few minutes

Discus and support keyboard shortcuts windows 10 fails after a few minutes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I set the key combo for different keyboard layouts, and they work fine for a few minutes and then they are disabled. No apparent reason. I can see that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by OlleBolle12, Apr 21, 2020.

1. keyboard shortcuts windows 10 fails after a few minutes

I set the key combo for different keyboard layouts, and they work fine for a few minutes and then they are disabled. No apparent reason. I can see that the problem has been occurring over the years, but no fix to be found.

Surface 6
    Windows 10 Home ver.1903

Suggestions anyone?

:)

OlleBolle12, Apr 21, 2020
  2. Frick Win User

Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

Keyboard shortcuts to open programs:

Create a shortcut on the desktop to whatever program you want. Right click -> Properties and fill in the field there. Sadly the shortcut needs to remain on the desktop, but you can hide it.

Fun fact: If you had keyboard shortcuts for programs pinned to your Windows 7 start menu, those shortcuts still work when you update to Windows 10.

Frick, Apr 21, 2020
  3. essenbe Win User
    essenbe, Apr 21, 2020
  4. Memsahib Win User

keyboard shortcuts windows 10 fails after a few minutes

Windows keyboard shortcuts

I have a list of win10 keyboard shortcuts but some do not do as suggested. For example : F2 doesn't allow me to change the name of the item - but F4 does. I got the list from Windows 10 website ; https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/12445

Memsahib, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

keyboard shortcuts windows 10 fails after a few minutes

1. keyboard shortcuts windows 10 fails after a few minutes - Similar Threads - keyboard shortcuts fails

2. My pc windows 10 start for few minut and then power off in few minutes and then start after...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My pc windows 10 start for few minut and then power off in few minutes and then start after...: My pc windows 10 start for few minut and then power off in few minutes and then start after few hour i think I started a timer or something https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-windows-10-start-for-few-minut-and-then/7d46d5d1-2582-4992-8ed7-56614ac450ac
  3. My pc windows 10 start for few minut and then power off in few minutes and then start after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc windows 10 start for few minut and then power off in few minutes and then start after...: My pc windows 10 start for few minut and then power off in few minutes and then start after few hour i think I started a timer or something https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-windows-10-start-for-few-minut-and-then/7d46d5d1-2582-4992-8ed7-56614ac450ac
  4. My pc windows 10 start for few minut and then power off in few minutes and then start after...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Button not working after few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Button not working after few minutes: Hi Friends,I have an issue with my keyboard internal or external keyboardMy Start Menu is working well, nothing wrong about that.Expected behavior:When push Windows Button on keyboard, the start menu button appear, or use a shortkey for exampleWin + L for Lock screen or Win +...
  6. Windows Button not working after few minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Button not working after few minutes: Hi Friends,I have an issue with my keyboard internal or external keyboardMy Start Menu is working well, nothing wrong about that.Expected behavior:When push Windows Button on keyboard, the start menu button appear, or use a shortkey for exampleWin + L for Lock screen or Win +...
  7. Keyboard shortcut for Edge resets after a few day

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard shortcut for Edge resets after a few day: Hey I've set a keyboard shortcut for Firefox and Edge. The one for Firefox is working well, but the one for Edge is just resets after a few days, and I have to set it again under the preferences tab... What could be the problem? submitted by /u/RivoN0Mad [link] [comments]...
  8. Keyboard layout changes after a few minutes!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard layout changes after a few minutes!: This is super annoying I have two keyboard languages, UK and US this is because I have a US layout keyboard and uk layout keyboard At home I have the uk one and set the keyboard to UK (bottom right in the task bar) After a set period of say 5 minutes not using the...
  9. keyboard and mouse acting strange after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard and mouse acting strange after a few minutes: Hi, I recently built my new windows pc. everything was going great for about 3 weeks until I had this problem. after a few minutes my keyboard first, and then slowly my mouse act strange. I resetted my pc and I am still having this issue. can somebody help me? thanks....
  10. Windows stops listening to keyboard every few minutes...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows stops listening to keyboard every few minutes...: I am running resource monitor to see what is going on, as periodically my keyboard does not respond at all. I don't see errors in the event log, and I think I saw something like this when windows 10 first came out, and have reinstalled it over the weekend. There is a clue...