Windows 10: Keyboard Shortcuts

Discus and support Keyboard Shortcuts in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I have a Windows 10 OS, (System Model XPS 15 9560) for which I can't get certain keyboard shortcuts to work. Most of them (such as Ctrl... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AmelieLavenir, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Keyboard Shortcuts

Hi everyone,

I have a Windows 10 OS, (System Model XPS 15 9560) for which I can't get certain keyboard shortcuts to work. Most of them (such as Ctrl C/V) work perfectly well, but if I try to refresh the page with F5 nothing happens.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks for reading this,

Amelie

:)

AmelieLavenir, Apr 28, 2019

2. How to create a shortcut for a keyboard shortcut.

Hi Marcos,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are willing to create Keyboard shortcut on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the steps in the below Microsoft article to create
    a keyboard shortcut for an app.

Create keyboard shortcuts to open desktop apps

Note: The troubleshooting steps in the above link are meant for windows 8, however, you can use the same for windows 10 as well.

Refer below article for more information on Keyboard shortcuts.

Keyboard shortcuts

Please post back with above information and we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Apr 28, 2019
  3. essenbe Win User
    essenbe, Apr 28, 2019
  4. Keyboard Shortcuts

Keyboard shortcut to open the calculator

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to try the below steps:

• Type "Calculator" in start menu.
    • Click on Calculator and drag it to desktop.
    • Right click on it and select Properties.
    • Now go to Shortcut tab and add a shortcut.
    • Click on OK.

You may also refer the following article for keyboard shortcuts:

Keyboard shortcuts

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/keyboard-shortcuts

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

Keyboard Shortcuts

1. Keyboard Shortcuts - Similar Threads - Keyboard Shortcuts

2. Keyboard shortcuts in Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Keyboard shortcuts in Microsoft Edge: I thought this may be useful - it shows a list of all shortcuts for Microsoft Edge *Smile If you use a Mac just scroll down the page for more info Keyboard shortcuts in Microsoft Edge 159833
  3. Keyboard shortcut for volume?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard shortcut for volume?: Hi All! I have spent a long time trying to find a keyboard shortcut to turn the volume up or down. That failed so I tried to make a hotkey but don't know how to code so that also failed. Am I missing something or is there a way to get it to work? thank you. submitted by...
  4. My keyboard doesn't have volume control. How can I change this as a shortcut on Windows 10?

My keyboard doesn't have volume control. How can I change this as a shortcut on Windows 10?: Due to in and out hearing issues (long story), it's handy to have volume control on keyboard since I adjust it often. My old keyboard finally died and I have to use one without a volume control button. Is there a way I can bind volume up and down to a keyboard shortcut...
  5. I dont have media shortcut keys in my keyboard so is there windows shortcut for media keys?...

I dont have media shortcut keys in my keyboard so is there windows shortcut for media keys?...: Like title says. I dont have media shortcut keys on my keyboard and when i google i didnt find any windows shortcut keys for this. Is there a windows shortcut for this or maybe a third-party macro program which will not get me banned because of anti-cheats? submitted by...
  6. Keyboard Shortcuts only work if another program is running

Keyboard Shortcuts only work if another program is running: I am using Windows 10, my keyboard shortcuts only work if another program is running, which is inconvenient since I use the shortcuts to launch every program I use regularly. I have tried researching but apparently google and I are having communication problems. Any guidance...
  7. Print screen shortcut for non full size keyboard?

in Windows 10 Support
    Print screen shortcut for non full size keyboard?: I use dropbox for screenshots with the print screen button, i just got a new keyboard and it doesnt have that button, i got the logitech program so i can remap keys but print screen is not an option The snip tool wont work since it doesnt automatically save to dropbox the...
  8. Keyboard shortcuts changed in Japanese Microsoft IME in Windows 10 ver. 2004?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard shortcuts changed in Japanese Microsoft IME in Windows 10 ver. 2004?: I'm a German, learning Japanese as a hobby, and until recently, I could write Japanese text via the Windows 10 Microsoft Japanese IME, switching between Hiragana and Katakana with the keyboard shortcuts "CTRL+CAPSLOCK" or "ALT+CAPSLOCK" respectively. In the May 2020 upgrade...
  9. “S” shortcut? Keyboard broken?

in Windows 10 Customization
    “S” shortcut? Keyboard broken?: Every time I type “s” on the keyboard it opens a new window. I an unable to actually use the computer at this time. Is this a keyboard issue or did the kids hit a button that created this shortcut?...
  10. Keyboard Shortcut Help

Keyboard Shortcut Help: I was in the middle of typing and ended up hitting some wrong keys. I got these popup panels with my computer performance on them among other things (Happened to fast I can't remember). Definitely not the average task manager view. These panels were gray in my case. Not sure...