Windows 10: Keys take a while to initialize (HELP!)

Discus and support Keys take a while to initialize (HELP!) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; What I mean is that specifically, my T, Y, Shift, Tab keys take 15 to 20 minutes to register. Before then, I physically have to push down hard on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by awpyt, Jan 2, 2016.

1. awpyt Win User

Keys take a while to initialize (HELP!)

What I mean is that specifically, my T, Y, Shift, Tab keys take 15 to 20 minutes to register. Before then, I physically have to push down hard on the key to make it work. I tried with a different keyboard. Same problem. That narrows down my issue to a software or internal hardware issue. I am asking this now because my parents have to get work done on the computer and want to use the keyboard completely right after the computer starts up. Is there anything I can do to diagnose the problem?

:)

awpyt, Jan 2, 2016

2. Windows10 32bits to 64bits

Thank you so much for reply Zig. This check that you are talking about is automatic or do i have to do any process to initiate it? It takes a while? I'm already working with Windows 10 64bits but isn't showing any active key.

LeviathanS, Jan 2, 2016
  3. How to Take a Photo By Pressing Phone’s Volume Keys

How to Take a Photo By Pressing Your Phone’s Volume Keys or power key

in Lumia 630

madhuuppunuthula, Jan 2, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Jan 3, 2016
  5. awpyt Win User
    It still is doing that. I forgot to say that it also was doing this on a previous windows 8 install on a different hard drive.

(I cannot afford to replace any parts, as I need to keep this install of the OS so I do not lose any programs that I need to pay for to reinstall)

awpyt, Jan 3, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Did you install any software for the CM Storm Devastator mouse and keyboard? If you did, try uninstalling it and use them with just the Windows provided drivers, see if that makes a difference. If yes see if there is a newer version available you could install.

If not, all you have left is motherboard or ram.

You could try removing half the ram and see if that makes a difference. If not swap installed and removed ram and test again.
    Is that doesn't help then all that's left is the motherboard.

Ztruker, Jan 4, 2016
  7. awpyt Win User
    It seems like I have the default plug and play drivers already that Windows came with (default HID drivers.) The thing is, there shouldn't be anything wrong with my hardware, as it does seem to fix itself after a few minutes. I just need to be able to use the keyboard quicker in the first place.

(by the way, I did memtest, and both ram are fine. It may be motherboard, as Gigabyte (the company that sucks butt at making drivers) did not make a full App Center compatible with Windows 10.

awpyt, Jan 4, 2016
  8. xpac5896 Win User

I'm not a geek like some of these other guys but my question to you is what type of keyboard are you using, USB or PS2? Is your keyboard a generic keyboard or one where you have to install software? If the software is not installed, install it and see what happens. Just about all keyboards will work in Windows weather or not any software is installed, if I'm not mistaken, Windows uses a generic driver for keyboards or mice regardless of who makes them. If you're using a USB, try swapping ports and see what that does, if PS2, well then you may have a hardware issue. Did you have any problems before upgrading to Win 10? What version of Windows were you running before upgrading? Is windows recognizing your keyboard? Use the Windows key + X key, on the left of your screen you should get a menu, scroll down to Control Panel and click on Device Manager, in Device Manager, click on the Icon that says Keyboards, your keyboard should be listed. If it is listed then Windows is recognizing the keyboard and it's a software issue, if not listed then it's hardware. Good luck.

xpac5896, Jan 5, 2016
  9. awpyt Win User
    Well, I am using USB, and it's a plug n' play keyboard, so there are no custom drivers for it :/ Windows 8 did it too.

awpyt, Jan 5, 2016
  10. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Keys take a while to initialize (HELP!) - Similar Threads - Keys while initialize

2. Unable to initialize OLE2 while executing "GUIMAIN" while opening a software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to initialize OLE2 while executing "GUIMAIN" while opening a software: The following was shown when Questa Intel FPGA Starter Edition software was opened :Reading pref.tcle=unable to initialize OLE2 o=code 1 -level 0-errorstack {INNER { invokeStk1 GUIMAIN}}while executing"GUIMAIN"} -errorline 1errInfo=unable to initialize OLE2 while executing...
  3. Unable to initialize OLE2 while executing "GUIMAIN" while opening a software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to initialize OLE2 while executing "GUIMAIN" while opening a software: The following was shown when Questa Intel FPGA Starter Edition software was opened :Reading pref.tcle=unable to initialize OLE2 o=code 1 -level 0-errorstack {INNER { invokeStk1 GUIMAIN}}while executing"GUIMAIN"} -errorline 1errInfo=unable to initialize OLE2 while executing...
  4. Stuck on service page while initial startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on service page while initial startup: Hi.. In the intial setup of new lap, under service page after microsoft office 2019 Home & student setup we dnt have any options to proceed furthercould you please help me out on this team??...
  5. Stuck on service page while initial startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on service page while initial startup: Hi.. In the intial setup of new lap, under service page after microsoft office 2019 Home & student setup we dnt have any options to proceed furthercould you please help me out on this team??...
  6. explorer.exe takes a while to load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    explorer.exe takes a while to load: Whenever I log into Windows 10, the desktop is never fully loaded. The taskbar has no icons, and it takes a while to fully load explorer.exe. I hava a triple boot with Windows 8.1 and 7. On Windows 8.1 it is a much shorter wait time, and on 7 it is nearly nonexistent. I’ve...
  7. Game crashes while initializing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Game crashes while initializing: I've uninstalled and reinstaled this game about a dozen times and I heep getting the same error of ---- Minecraft Crash Report ---- // Don't be sad, have a hug! <3 Time: 12/22/20 12:37 PM Description: Initializing game java.util.ServiceConfigurationError:...
  8. Icon take a while to load

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icon take a while to load: When i turn on my pc, the desktop icons take a little while to load. Is that normal or should they load immediately? submitted by /u/GloomyMinds [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jblwub/icon_take_a_while_to_load/
  9. Network takes over 25 seconds to initialize

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network takes over 25 seconds to initialize: The Network takes over 25 seconds to initialize, no matter which of two NICs or WiFi. There is another Win 10 Pro computer plugged into the same switch and it initializes the network as expected. New Computer build: Windows 10 Pro 2004 fully updated ASUS ROG Strix...
  10. Windows is initiating shutdown while gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows is initiating shutdown while gaming: For the past two weeks I've been getting random shutdowns while playing POE Path of Exile. Sometimes during intense mapping situations, other times while chilling and vendoring stuff. Note: The PC doesn't just turn off. Instead I get the blue Windows is Shutting Down Screen....