Windows 10: Kids managed to change the way Windows 10 is displayed

Discus and support Kids managed to change the way Windows 10 is displayed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My kids playing with the laptop managed to accidentally totally mess up the way desktop is set up. For starters they switched option for sight impared... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dziubym, Apr 29, 2020.

1. dziubym Win User

Kids managed to change the way Windows 10 is displayed

My kids playing with the laptop managed to accidentally totally mess up the way desktop is set up.
    For starters they switched option for sight impared users which introduced high contrast.
    I switchged it of and back to normal colors.

But now my classick Windows look where I had icons of apps and documents has been changed to tiles.
    There are plenty of tutorials how to get rid of tiles. Following them I unpinned all the tiles but still I see no option to return to the old look. Here are few screens showing the current look and feel. Any suggestions?

:)

dziubym, Apr 29, 2020
  2. AndreTen Win User

Your desktop icons may be hidden.

Right click on display, and select show desktop icons

Kids managed to change the way Windows 10 is displayed [​IMG]

It would be wise to make a new User profile for your kids

AndreTen, May 23, 2020
  3. Bree Win User

@AndreTen is correct. Your screenshot shows that you are in Tablet Mode. The clues are the arrow icon to the right of Start and the on-screen keyboard icon to the left of the time/date.

To get out of tablet mode, click on the notifications icon, far right in the taskbar, then click on the Tablet mode tile to turn it off.

Kids managed to change the way Windows 10 is displayed [​IMG]

Turn On or Off Tablet Mode in Windows 10

4. dziubym Win User

My kids playing with the laptop managed to accidentally totally mess up the way desktop is set up.
    For starters they switched option for sight impared users which introduced high contrast.
    I switchged it of and back to normal colors.

But now my classick Windows look where I had icons of apps and documents has been changed to tiles.
    There are plenty of tutorials how to get rid of tiles. Following them I unpinned all the tiles but still I see no option to return to the old look. Here are few screens showing the current look and feel. Any suggestions?

dziubym, May 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Kids managed to change the way Windows 10 is displayed - Similar Threads - Kids managed change

2. Is there a way to change Windows Notepad display language?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to change Windows Notepad display language?: Computer was originally set to display in Swedish but I prefeer to have all my tech in English and even though I have changed the display language notepad and notably the screenshot tool remains operating in Swedish. Since I was able to uninstall and reinstall notepad I...
  3. Is there a way to change Windows Notepad display language?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to change Windows Notepad display language?: Computer was originally set to display in Swedish but I prefeer to have all my tech in English and even though I have changed the display language notepad and notably the screenshot tool remains operating in Swedish. Since I was able to uninstall and reinstall notepad I...
  4. Is there a quick way to change the display scale ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a quick way to change the display scale ?: I often plug and unplug a large screen on my laptop running Windows 11.Each time I do it I have to change the display scale from/to 100/125% on my laptop screen for comfort.To do so I have to go to the desktop > right-click > Display setting > click on the Scale's drop down >...
  5. Is there a quick way to change the display scale ?

Is there a quick way to change the display scale ?: I often plug and unplug a large screen on my laptop running Windows 11.Each time I do it I have to change the display scale from/to 100/125% on my laptop screen for comfort.To do so I have to go to the desktop > right-click > Display setting > click on the Scale's drop down >...
  6. Win 10 Home - any way to change display language?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Home - any way to change display language?: New laptop with 10 Home 20H2 Single Language preinstalled. On set up yesterday I changed all the other language settings to English UK but could not change the Display Language. In the drop down it would not allow any other language to even show although I have 2 others.It...
  7. Win 10 Home - any way to change display language?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 Home - any way to change display language?: New laptop with 10 Home 20H2 Single Language preinstalled. On set up yesterday I changed all the other language settings to English UK but could not change the Display Language. In the drop down it would not allow any other language to even show although I have 2 others.It...
  8. Win 10 Home - any way to change display language?

9. Windows 10 updated and changed the display in File Manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 updated and changed the display in File Manager: Yesterday Windows 10 updated and changed the display in File Manager, adding a wide column on the right. How can I close this column? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-updated-and-changed-the-display-in-file/34cbb6c6-bdee-4385-87e4-10cd928a18ed
  10. Kids managed to change the way Windows 10 is diplayed

in Windows 10 Support
    Kids managed to change the way Windows 10 is diplayed: My kids playing with the laptop managed to accidentally totally mess up the way desktop is set up. For starters they switched option for sight impared users which introduced high contrast. I switchged it of and back to normal colors. But now my classick Windows look where...