Windows 10: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (wdf01000.sys)

Discus and support KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (wdf01000.sys) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Got a blue screen while using discord, here's the attachment 102937 Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Shirubidu, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Shirubidu Win User

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (wdf01000.sys)

Got a blue screen while using discord, here's the attachment

:)

Shirubidu, Jan 22, 2018

2. Windows 10 Clean Install - Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Event ID: 41 BugcheckCode 30

Memtest passed without error.

I tried nirsoft BlueScreenView and it showed some interesting things:

- Most recent crash caused by driver: intelppm.sys (as well as one earlier crash)

- DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION: atikmdag.sys

- Two other KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: Wdf01000.sys

What would you recommend as a next step?

MikeRotenberg, Jan 22, 2018
  3. Nokia E71 driver problem

1. Uninstalled PC Suite, reinstalled PC Suite 7.1.18.0. Still has "Nokie E71 USB Phone Parent" error.

2. On PC Suite 7.1.18.0.Removed wdf01000.sys. Rebooted. Plugged in E71. No rebuilding of wdf01000.sys. Still has "Nokie E71 USB Phone Parent" error in device manager. After few minutes, went into windows/system32/drivers, no wdf01000.sys!

I give up!

palmy---01, Jan 22, 2018
  4. axe0 New Member

5. Shirubidu Win User
    I reinstalled the IRST drivers and unistalled everything from Nvidia using DDU, and performed a clean install following the tutorial.
    10 mins ago got another BSOD, now while watching a video, here's the attachment

Shirubidu, Jan 24, 2018
  6. axe0 New Member
    Are you cleaning up your disk to reserve space?

7. Shirubidu Win User
    I only defrag my disks just to keep them optimized, these are my current drives atm:

Left: SSD and the right: HDD

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (wdf01000.sys) [​IMG]

Shirubidu, Jan 24, 2018
  8. axe0 New Member

I was wondering it, because the dump file that is in the previous logs is not in the newest logs. Not a problem though *Smile

Diagnostic Test
    DRIVER VERIFIER

Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please follow this tutorial to run driver verifier.

Driver verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or when you have a bluescreen, whatever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

9. Shirubidu Win User
    24h with verifier enabled, either idling or watching videos/playing games, still no BSOD at all

But i found something intruiging:
    STRIX-GTX980-DC2OC-4GD5 Driver & Tools | Graphics Cards | ASUS USA

This is my GPU, and i noticed that has a recent update (21/1/2018) as i always downloaded my GPU driver directly from the Nvidia website. I also never used that BIOS & Firmware update for it as well.

Can this be the solution for my problem ?

Shirubidu, Jan 26, 2018
  10. axe0 New Member
    I don't think so, because when I suggested to reinstall the drivers using new drivers the 390.85 version was already available since the beginning of this month. You should already have it installed if you followed the suggestion I posted earlier, or at least updated the NVIDIA display driver.

11. Shirubidu Win User
    I had the 390.65 version before the first BSOD and i followed your instructions on unistalling and re-installing, i also did a memtest last week using the version provided in this forum and i had 8 passes 0 errors..
    But still, 48h with driver verifier on and not a single BSOD

Shirubidu, Jan 27, 2018
  12. axe0 New Member
    Please check the following in driver verifier and run driver verifier for 48h.
    • Special Pool
    • Force IRQL checking
    • Pool Tracking
    • Deadlock Detection
    • Security Checks
    • Miscellaneous Checks
    • Power framework delay fuzzing
    • DDI compliance checking

13. Shirubidu Win User

quick question, is there a way to keep driver verifier enabled even if I shut down my computer so it keeps checking from the last point?

Shirubidu, Jan 29, 2018
  14. axe0 New Member
    Yes and no, yes driver verifier stays enabled so long as you don't reset the settings, but I don't think driver verifier keeps progress since there isn't really 'progress'.
    Drivers are designed to do things over and over again, possibly in multiple ways. When you shut down the computer, the driver doesn't save its progress, it finishes what it started and then stops. When the system starts up, the driver executes its task as soon as it's called, not knowing where it stopped since there's no need to know.

15. Shirubidu Win User
    I was just thinking about that because it's too much power consuming, since my computer is a desktop, and I'm dealing with this problem for almost a year now.
    my motherboard is 2 years old, and the latest drivers of Intel (Rapid Storage, Management and Chipset) are from late 2016/early 2017, never understood the difference between manufacturer drivers and retailers drivers, like msi or gigabite but I always sticked to the retailer ones, maybe that's bad and causes some weird corruptions as it becomes outdated compared to the OS

Shirubidu, Jan 29, 2018
Thema:

1. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (wdf01000.sys) - Similar Threads - KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED wdf01000 sys

2. Wdf01000.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wdf01000.sys: Hello my laptop windows stuck on blue screen and showing me Wdf01000.sys fail can you help me how fix this problem if registry driver files is deleted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wdf01000sys/9561533e-3a91-4ccf-9485-b211d3879e12
  3. Wdf01000.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wdf01000.sys: Hello my laptop windows stuck on blue screen and showing me Wdf01000.sys fail can you help me how fix this problem if registry driver files is deleted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wdf01000sys/9561533e-3a91-4ccf-9485-b211d3879e12
  4. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ntoskrnl.exe & Wdf01000.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ntoskrnl.exe & Wdf01000.sys: This is from a Windows 7 x64 computer. Here is the minidump file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnfbyCD08-hshFE2-MCxFx-on8Tn?e=a4B5q0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kmodeexceptionnothandled-ntoskrnlexe-wdf01000sys/de7e5419-9e26-4c34-a906-faba0082260d
  5. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ntoskrnl.exe & Wdf01000.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ntoskrnl.exe & Wdf01000.sys: This is from a Windows 7 x64 computer. Here is the minidump file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnfbyCD08-hshFE2-MCxFx-on8Tn?e=a4B5q0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kmodeexceptionnothandled-ntoskrnlexe-wdf01000sys/de7e5419-9e26-4c34-a906-faba0082260d
  6. stop code wdf01000.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    stop code wdf01000.sys: Hi All i have a ROG G20 its working fine until i plug my Logitech wheel in and once it been recognised it comes up with a blue screen and says stop code wdf01000.sys has failed. what is this and how do i fix it? Thamks...
  7. Wdf01000.sys system.service.exception

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wdf01000.sys system.service.exception: Hello, I have a MSI Ge70 pro apache with an operating system windows 10, after deleting malware with the ZHPcleaner software and restart my computer, I found myself in front of a blue screen which after analysis to restart the computer to have the Same blue screen with as...
  8. wdf01000.sys BSOD

wdf01000.sys BSOD: Hey, this is more of a question. My keyboard has been malfunctioning due to liquid damage, so to disable it I installed an incompatible keyboard/touchpad driver intentionally. The day after, I've been getting wdf01000.sys BSOD errors during startup, which brings me to a...
  9. Frequent BSOD Wdf01000.sys

Frequent BSOD Wdf01000.sys: I've been getting BSODs when leaving my computer idle. Not running anything intensive. From looking at the minidump file I can't find much other than it's probably because of the Wdf01000.sys driver. Hopefully you can get all of the information you need from the .zip file I...
  10. wdf01000.sys system.service.exception

in Windows 10 Support
    wdf01000.sys system.service.exception: Hello, I have a MSI GE70 pro apache with an operating system windows 10, after removing the malware with ZHPcleaner software and restart my computer I found myself in front of a blue screen that after an analysise and restart The computer to have the blue Same screen with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kmode_exception_not_handled wdf01000.sys windows 10