Windows 10: Lag and repeated BSODs, most often while gaming, KMODE_EXCEPTION

Discus and support Lag and repeated BSODs, most often while gaming, KMODE_EXCEPTION in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey guys, Over the last few days I have been getting rather weird problems that I have never seen before. At times, everything starts to lag,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by gamedoodler, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Lag and repeated BSODs, most often while gaming, KMODE_EXCEPTION

Hey guys,

Over the last few days I have been getting rather weird problems that I have never seen before. At times, everything starts to lag, meaning my mouse gets jumpy and scrolling isn't fluid anymore. Weird is that as soon as I start a YouTube Video these lags, as far as I tested until now, always and immediately subside and everything is as it should be for as long as the video is running. As soon as the video stops it is merely a question of time when the lag will begin again. Games seem to have the same effect.

Together with this weird lag the BSODs started. As soon as it happened a second time I began to investigate on why this could be happening, but as I have not updated any drivers, installed any remarkable software or changed my hardware, I am really missing a starting point to gain any new information on that. Updating my graphics drivers seemed to not help in the slightest, my CPU is not at its max, not even during lag and my HDD seems to be in working order as far as I'm able to tell.

The BSOD just gives me the info "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED", to which I have only found info of it being related to some driver. But as the BSOD does not give me any more specific information I am oblivious as to what driver may be causing these problems.

This problem has been going on for quite a while now and while I know that I should have sought help a bit earlier, I tried to fix it myself first, with no success at all though.

DESKTOP-QTIMGD3-07_01_2018_151107,91.zip

:)

gamedoodler, Jan 6, 2018

2. magic jigsaw puzzle - mouse problems

I have been having problems with the mouse during this game. It seems to slow the mouse down quite often and also often while moving a piece, the pointer lags behind and transfers and drags the main puzzle or some other piece instead. Anyone else have
    this problem (I am on windows 10)

kayemick1975, Jan 6, 2018
  3. dire-x Win User
    BSOD: driver irql_less_or_not_equal

I've been getting the occasional BSOD for a while now and finally fed up enough to do something about it. It varies what the BSOD says the cause is but the one I can remember is driver irql_less_or_not_equal. So I went and did the driver verifier and got
    some minidumps. Couldn't even boot into windows with driver verifier on. Crashes seem to happen most often when I'm playing Overwatch (and no other games) and while watching videos on Youtube (Firefox)

Minidump

MS Info

dire-x, Jan 6, 2018
  4. zbook New Member

Lag and repeated BSODs, most often while gaming, KMODE_EXCEPTION

The log files are in a foreign language and cannot be scanned or read.
    Please change the default language to English and submit a new zip for troubleshooting:
    Language - Add, Remove, and Change in Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials
    log collector v2-beta06.zip

Please update the specs in the "My Computer" section:

How To Fill Out Your System Specs
    How To Fill Out Your System Specs
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums:
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums Site Use Tutorials
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'.
    After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.
    System Info - See Your System Specs - Windows 7 Help Forums

Include PSU. cooler, case, peripherals and anything attached to the computer by wired or wireless (mouse, keyboard, headset, printer, xbox, etc.)

zbook, Jan 6, 2018
  5. Sorry, thought I had already changed my language to English.

Here is the new package.
    DESKTOP-QTIMGD3-08-Jan-18_175726_57.zip

As to the additional information concerning my computer I will do now what I can do right away and as soon as I get the time tomorrow I'll add all the rest I can find information about again.

gamedoodler, Jan 7, 2018
  6. Ztruker Win User
    The 1/7 1:15 and 2:30AM dump shows a problem with Avast:
    Code: ffff9e80`850062f8 fffff802`a2713138Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\aswMonFlt.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswMonFlt.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswMonFlt.sys aswMonFlt+0x3138[/quote] Code: ffff9e80`850060c0 fffff802`9f9e1240Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\aswSP.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswSP.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswSP.sys aswSP+0x61240[/quote] I havn't look any further yet, but please uninstall Avast and run with the built-in Windows Defender for now. It's a very good Anti-virus program so you will not be unprotected. See if that resolves your problem.

I or zbook will do more investigation of the dumps and associated files. Just wanted to get started on this.

Ztruker, Jan 7, 2018
  7. zbook New Member
    Theres a tool which is used to bypass the activation of microsoft products. If you are sure you did not use a tool like this, maybe a friend or store tech did it without your knowledge.

Rule 4
    No piracy or discussion of piracy allowed at all. Such as software, music, videos and other intellectual property violations (e.g. downloading youtube videos locally etc) - it is forum policy that no help shall be given to people who knowingly steal software or services.

One of the main reasons for this is that the act of pirating the software will inevitably change the working of the software and make investigation and repair impossible. Please install a legitimate copy of the software and if you are still experiencing the issue we will be pleased to assist - No further assistance will be provided until we are satisfied that the software is genuine.

zbook, Jan 7, 2018
  8. Lag and repeated BSODs, most often while gaming, KMODE_EXCEPTION

I hope everything is fine now. I asked the person who had been co-using this computer and as far as they are concerned it could only be one thing that is meant and that should be removed now. I can assure you, that my version of Windows is completely legitimate. I bought this computer with Win7 and upgraded when it became possible. I had to reinstall Windows since then, but that shouldn't really be a problem now, should it?

Anyways, here is the new archive.
    DESKTOP-QTIMGD3-09-Jan-18_145753_89.zip

gamedoodler, Jan 8, 2018
  9. zbook New Member
    Please run this beta version of the log collector and post a zip into the thread:
    log collector v2-beta06.zip

zbook, Jan 8, 2018
  10. I'm not sure if it finished doing what it wanted to do. It never proceeded past waiting for msinfo, but the folder was there already. It doesn't seem like it is going to change anymore, at least it takes far longer than the last one did.

Here is what it gave me, if something is missing I can try a bit longer. But as there is at least a file named msinfo in there, it might be done? Tell me if you need more.
    DESKTOP-QTIMGD3 (09-Jan-18 6 48 PM).zip

gamedoodler, Jan 8, 2018
  11. zbook New Member
    zbook, Jan 8, 2018
  12. My system still is English, just as it was when I made the other archives. Is there anything I might be able to change aside from what is said in the guide? The current setup worked before, so I am clueless as to what causes them to be in the wrong language.

gamedoodler, Jan 8, 2018
  13. zbook New Member

THe BSOD mini dump files were debugged and there were 2 misbehaving drivers.
    Earlier in the post ztruker commented for you to uninstall Avast.
    Please indicate the method used to uninstall the AV software.
    The RAM is mismatched with 4,4,2 so the RAM needs to be checked.

For all tests /steps please post images into the thread.
    If there are any problems posting images please use one drive or drop box share links.
    Share OneDrive files and folders - Office Support
    Upload photos and files to OneDrive - OneDrive

1) Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    2) sfc /scannow
    3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    4) chkdsk /scan
    5) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread

6) Make sure that there is no over clocking while troubleshooting.

7) Sometimes there are problems in the bios that produce bsod.
    The BIOS: Version/Date Award Software International, Inc. F2, 10-Aug-12 SMBIOS Version 2.4
    8) Please check to see if this is the most up to date version.
    9) Open the website for the computer or motherboard manufacturer to view the drivers and post a URL or hyperlink into the thread.

10) To ensure that there are no improper bios settings please reset the bios.
    11) Sometimes there can be failure to boot after resetting the bios.
    12) Backup the computer files to another drive or to the cloud.
    13) Make a backup image usig Macrium:
    Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free:
    Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free

14) And please create a brand new restore point.

How to Clear Your Computers CMOS to Reset BIOS Settings:
    How to Clear Your Computers CMOS to Reset BIOS Settings
    3 Ways to Reset Your BIOS - wikiHow:
    3 Ways to Reset Your BIOS - wikiHow

15) If the computer has Ccleaner > click windows tab > scroll down to system and advanced > post an image into the thread

16) In the left lower corner search type: system or system control > open system control panel > on the left pane click advanced system settings
    > on the advanced tab under startup and recovery click settings > post an image of the startup and recovery into the thread.
    > on the advanced tab under performance > click on settings > click on advanced tab > under virtual memory click on change > post an image of the virtual memory tab into the thread

17) Run memtest86+ version 5.01 for at least 8 passes.
    Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
    This may take hours so plan to run it overnight.
    Please make sure you use the Memtest86+ version 5.01 with the link below.
    Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
    The testing is done not by time but by passes.
    The more passes the better.
    There are a significant number of false negatives if fewer than 8 passes are made.
    A false negative is a test pass when there is malfunctioning RAM.
    There is 10 GB of RAM on the computer.
    Memtest86+ version 5.01 testing takes approximately 1 - 2 hours /GB RAM
    Just 1 error is a fail and you can abort testing.
    Then test 1 RAM module at a time in the same DIMM each for 8 or more passes.
    When Memtest86+ has completed 8 or more passes use a camera or smart phone camera to take a picture and post an image into the thread.
    Memory problems. - Microsoft Community
    MemTest86+ - Test RAM BSOD Tutorials

aswMonFlt.sys avast! File System Minifilter Driver http://support.avast.com/
    aswSP.SYS avast! Self Protection Driver http://support.avast.com/

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Lag and repeated BSODs, most often while gaming, KMODE_EXCEPTION - Similar Threads - Lag repeated BSODs

2. Random BSOD's mostly while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD's mostly while gaming: I got a new kit of ram and bsod's did start. First of all i checked my ram with memtest x86 and the ram was fine. Then i thought it might be gpu, but stress test didnt prove it. I also noticed when I stress test cpu and fpu in aida i got bsod's after a few minutes, but...
  3. Random BSOD's mostly while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD's mostly while gaming: I got a new kit of ram and bsod's did start. First of all i checked my ram with memtest x86 and the ram was fine. Then i thought it might be gpu, but stress test didnt prove it. I also noticed when I stress test cpu and fpu in aida i got bsod's after a few minutes, but...
  4. BSoD KMODE_EXCEPTION

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD KMODE_EXCEPTION: So this is sort of a follow up to this post https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-bluescreens-a-day-various-error-codes/a8d3b007-6f5e-4b86-bd80-c4a5a395f687So I have not had bluescreens much ever since this post but they have appeared more often the...
  5. Update causes KMODE_EXCEPTION BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update causes KMODE_EXCEPTION BSOD: Ran an update last night and encountered the above mentioned issue. Attempts to boot into safe mode cause the same issue. Attempts to roll back are met with a notice that my password is incorrect despite having verified its correct on other devices.My laptop Dell G7 7588 is...
  6. Crashes, BSOD's and freezes (mostly while gaming)

Crashes, BSOD's and freezes (mostly while gaming): Hi as the title reads I'm experiencing a lot of problems, especially the BSOD's. I have no idea what and how to post files that may help so please provide instructions so I can do that. Some BSOD errors I got today are: - LiveKernelEvent code 1a1 and 141 -...
  7. Recent BSOD with Kmode_exception

Recent BSOD with Kmode_exception: I have been having a few BSOD instances with Kmod_exception... I first tried updating my GPU drivers and it appeared that the problem went away, however I ended up having the exact same crash report 2 more times while in the middle of playing/launching a game. I did my best...
  8. Random BSOD while playing games (Not often, but sometimes)

Random BSOD while playing games (Not often, but sometimes): Hello. I have been struggling with this for a long time, but I have not asked for help until now. Im having this bluescreen while playing games. It does not happen every time I play games, but It happens. I have been searching around alot, but its hard to find an answer. Its...
  9. BSOD Randomly (but mostly while playing games)

BSOD Randomly (but mostly while playing games): Hey guys. After installing a new graphics card (msi gtx 1050 ti oc ) on my pc my pc started to make bleeping noises then freezing for a moment. I noticed during this the hard drive was not doing anything (the led of in pc case). This started to get more and more frequent and...
  10. Random BSOD. Most often when playing any game

Random BSOD. Most often when playing any game: Been having this issue recently with BSOD happening most occasionally while playing DOOM, WoW or Heroes of the Storm. Some days there will be no BSOD. Others it will happen 5-10 time in one day. They also happen just while browsing or while the computer is idling alone. I may...