Windows 10: Laptop completely shuts itself off after ~10-15 minutes of gaming

Discus and support Laptop completely shuts itself off after ~10-15 minutes of gaming in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My laptop has recently begun shutting itself off after about 10 minutes of playing games. This is very recent and does not seem to be an issue of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tmchrulew, Oct 9, 2016.

1. tmchrulew Win User

Laptop completely shuts itself off after ~10-15 minutes of gaming

My laptop has recently begun shutting itself off after about 10 minutes of playing games. This is very recent and does not seem to be an issue of overheating, I have attached an external fan and the laptop is not hot when it turns off. It also does not seem to be an issue of high disk/CPU usage.

In Reliability Monitor, issue details are as such (most recent):

Problem
    Windows was not properly shut down

Description
    The previous system shutdown at 11:31:37 PM on ‎10/‎9/‎2016 was unexpected.

It does not offer to check for a solution and I am quite inexperienced when it comes to computers in general.
    Thankyou for any solutions you may have to offer

:)

tmchrulew, Oct 9, 2016
  2. 韋利沈 Win User

laptop not shutting down after windows 10 upgrade

Window 10 ( HP Pavilion TouchSmart 15 Notebook PC ) not shutting down, for thirty or forty minutes it is OK but when laptop is running more than an hour or two laptop
    is not shutting down completely and the led of power button never turns off.

韋利沈, Oct 9, 2016
  3. emma5310 Win User
    complete shut off (5310)

I dont think there is answer, ive had mine on all night and the updater downloaded the updates and wont install just keep saying "15 minutes remaining". I've also tried it on another computer and nothing so im off to the Nokia store for answers.

emma5310, Oct 9, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

If there's no BSOD or other report, and you are absolutely convinced there's no overheating issue,, remembering laptops over time can get full of fluff and gunk, it seems to be more likely a hardware problem than not.

I'd try running a program that stress tests your laptop and some hardware diagnostics.. just search for a suitable program.

dalchina, Oct 9, 2016
  5. As suggested, you might try testing you CPU/GPU for about 30 mins just to make sure, it is not causing the issue.

FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, Burn-in Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net

Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU - Windows 10 Forums

I noticed, that you have a laptop similar to mine. Windows Update installs a driver, which causes various issues.
    Check in Device Manager (right click Start), if both of your drivers are the same version, like in the picture.
    The latest drivers are here: APU. Windows usually installs desktop drivers instead, 16.10 most likely.

TairikuOkami, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop completely shuts itself off after ~10-15 minutes of gaming - Similar Threads - Laptop completely shuts

2. My Window 10 computer completely freezes after playing games for after around 10-15 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Window 10 computer completely freezes after playing games for after around 10-15 minutes: Hi, I have a gaming computer which i use to play games on a 3 monitor setup, and VR. After a while the games will crash, causing a black screen where the computer compltely freezes. Ctrl + alt + delete does not work, so i have to hold down the power button to crash it. This...
  3. My Window 10 computer completely freezes after playing games for after around 10-15 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Window 10 computer completely freezes after playing games for after around 10-15 minutes: Hi, I have a gaming computer which i use to play games on a 3 monitor setup, and VR. After a while the games will crash, causing a black screen where the computer compltely freezes. Ctrl + alt + delete does not work, so i have to hold down the power button to crash it. This...
  4. Laptop hangs after 10-15 minutes after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop hangs after 10-15 minutes after update: Idk which update it was but after a recent update my laptop has become unusable. It used to run completely fine before the update. After this update, my laptop opens completely silently up until the desktop shows up. After a few minutes in desktop, it makes fan noise delated...
  5. Laptop can't go to sleep mode, instead just shut itself off after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop can't go to sleep mode, instead just shut itself off after a few minutes: It started when it takes super long to shutdown. I made sure nothing was running before shutting down and it still takes too long, the screen is off but the actual laptop itself isn't.. But this was fixed by disabling fast startup. Now it does the same on sleep mode. Screen...
  6. Blue tooth audio shuts off after exactly 15 minutes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue tooth audio shuts off after exactly 15 minutes: When I have a connection with Oontz Angle 3 speaker through blue tooth, the sound shuts off after 15 minutes. I turn my Oontz speaker back on and it will stay on for another 15 minutes. This does not happen when I have it linked with my desktop computer....
  7. BSOD after 15-30 minutes of gaming

BSOD after 15-30 minutes of gaming: Hello, hoping someone can help diagnose the cause of recent BSODs. I suspect it is a driver issue as my computer crashes within minutes of running driver verifier. I've tried updating all drivers and bios from the manufacturer's website and a clean install of Windows 10....
  8. Screen will not turn off after 15 minutes.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen will not turn off after 15 minutes.: Hello. Ever since I installed the May 2020 update, my screen will not turn off after 15 minutes like I set it to. This is a fresh installation of the OS, I even tried using "sfc /scannow" but no corrupted files were found. I'm not sure if this is an issue everyone is...
  9. Games crashing after 15 minutes?

Games crashing after 15 minutes?: Hi all, recently built a pc consisting of the following Gigabyte Aorus B450m Board Ryzen 5 3600x Radeon 5700xt 16gb Corsair vengeance rg pro 3200mhz 2x8gb Samsung m.2 500gb 970 pro Thermaltake BX1 750W Bronze power supply Nzxt Kraken AIO cooler Unfortunately after 15...
  10. Laptop doesn't turn itself off after shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop doesn't turn itself off after shutting down: I recently upgraded to windows 10 and when I try to shut down the OS safely shuts down but the laptop stays on meaning I have to turn it off manually (hold the power button). I have tried turning off hybrid shutdown but this hasn't helped. How do I fix this? 10443