Windows 10: laptop is stuck in this "can't update" loop

Discus and support laptop is stuck in this "can't update" loop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, My wife's laptop is stuck in this "can't update" loop. I downloaded the .bat file here, ran it (had to manually disable one of the services),... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by seattlecubsfan, Feb 17, 2017.

1. laptop is stuck in this "can't update" loop

Hi,

My wife's laptop is stuck in this "can't update" loop. I downloaded the .bat file here, ran it (had to manually disable one of the services), let it go, but it didn't fix the problem. Can someone help? Her computer is becoming unusable.

Thanks,
    Michael

:)

seattlecubsfan, Feb 17, 2017

2. " Nokia Simple " theme - where it this theme?

hi,

Some days ago on page
    http://ea.mobile.nokia.com/content/spin/ea/6120c/en/theme/index.xhtml
    or in phone (nokia 6120c) themes/general/download themes/ was very cool theme (light cream white, black fonts) " Nokia Simple ", now its dissapear from this site. Where i can get it?
    or maybe somebody has it and could send to me.

thx

szympek123, Feb 17, 2017
  3. mjbself Win User
    Configuring updates Stuck loop

My laptop tried to do a series of automatic updates and is not stuck in a "configuring" loop. I cannot get out of the loop to try and restart or anything. I tried manual reboot, but it opens back to the screen.

mjbself, Feb 17, 2017
  4. laptop is stuck in this "can't update" loop

seattlecubsfan,

Can you get into Windows 10 on the laptop?

If so, hold down the Shift key and click on: Power > Restart

This takes you to the Choose an Option screen. From there, select the following at the screens that follow:
    Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Startup Settings > Restart
    button > Startup Settings

Once at the Startup Settings screen, press 4 or F4 on the keyboard to enter Safe Mode.

In Safe Mode, manually stop the Windows Update service as follows:.

Right-click the Start menu and select: Command Prompt (Admin)
    At the Command Prompt, type the following command and then hit Enter:

Code: net stop wuauserv[/quote] Next, open File Explorer and navigate to:

Code: C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution[/quote] Delete all the files inside the folder. Do not delete the folder itself!

Now, go back to the Command Prompt window, type the following, and hit Enter:

Code: net start wuauserv[/quote] Close the Command Prompt and restart Windows in normal mode.

Give Windows Update another try and see if it works. Let us know.

cottonball, Feb 18, 2017
  5. Continue:

If still no-go, try running these commands from the same Command Prompt (as above).
    Let them work keeping the Command Prompt opened, then provide the results:

Code: dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth sfc /scannow[/quote] Let them work keeping the Command Prompt opened, then provide the results:

On the DISM we are hoping for:
    No component store corruption detected.
    The operation completed successfully.

For SFC (System File Checker), let us know if you do not get the following result:
    Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

cottonball, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

laptop is stuck in this "can't update" loop

1. laptop is stuck in this "can't update" loop - Similar Threads - laptop stuck can't

2. Laptop Stuck On Restart Loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Stuck On Restart Loop: I accidentally shutdown my pc while it was resetting wipes everything then it started looping on and off and every single time it does it shows the screen it was on for a split second then repeats. I tried shutting it down and opening it again multiple times but it did...
  3. laptop stuck in windows 11 update loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop stuck in windows 11 update loop: My Laptop is In a boot loop with windows update. After passing bios it goes to "Updates are underway. Please keep your computer on." then the screen goes black for a sec then goes to "Something Didn't go as Planned. No Need To Worry - Undoing changes. Please Keep Your...
  4. laptop stuck in windows 11 update loop

laptop stuck in windows 11 update loop: My Laptop is In a boot loop with windows update. After passing bios it goes to "Updates are underway. Please keep your computer on." then the screen goes black for a sec then goes to "Something Didn't go as Planned. No Need To Worry - Undoing changes. Please Keep Your...
  5. Dell laptop stuck in “updates are underway” loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell laptop stuck in “updates are underway” loop: My Dell Inspiron 15 laptop is undergoing a loop of “Updates are underway. Please keep your computer on.” and then “Restarting” loop. It has been like this for 3 days and has no sign of stopping or any fix so far. Does anyone have a solution to my issue?...
  6. Dell laptop stuck in “updates are underway” loop

Dell laptop stuck in “updates are underway” loop: My Dell Inspiron 15 laptop is undergoing a loop of “Updates are underway. Please keep your computer on.” and then “Restarting” loop. It has been like this for 3 days and has no sign of stopping or any fix so far. Does anyone have a solution to my issue?...
  7. Laptop stuck in a boot loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop stuck in a boot loop: I opened my laptop after a month and it isn't booting as normal. It is stuck in a boot loop.It only shows my laptop's brand logo and no other hardware works. Please help. How can i recover?...
  8. My laptop is stuck in a loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop is stuck in a loop: Hi,so I was restarting my laptopaka like letting it delete everything to start fresh while it was in the process my little brother turned it off,when I turn it back on now it shows the brand nameLenovo then for a split second shows the windows screen,then shuts off and turns...
  9. Stuck in update loop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Stuck in update loop: After 34 years and thousands of dollars spent on Microsoft and related products I am pricing Macs now unless I can solve this. I am running Windows 10 Home version 1709. This was a free upgrade from Windows 7. This upgrade was over two years ago. I will not go into previous...
  10. Stuck on update loop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Stuck on update loop: I am not sure where else to post this I am having a huge problem for a while now with my windows 10 desktop it will go into update mode but about half the update it says "we couldnt complete the updates undoing changes" and restarts my pc, it does this in an infinite loop and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. feature update 1803 88%