Windows 10: laptop num keys

Discus and support laptop num keys in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I use numlock or num keys on my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-num-keys/a880796d-7881-4f97-b883-a1ca434ba428 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HarisAbdullah, May 11, 2019.

1. laptop num keys

How can I use numlock or num keys on my laptop?

:)

HarisAbdullah, May 11, 2019

2. Num Lock won't work for 10-key

Hello Alana,

We understand your concern in this regard.

• You mean to say, Num Lock key won't work or Numeric keypad won't work?
    • Did you try connecting external keyboard?
    • Is that onscreen keyboard shows the same behavior?
    • When you press Num Lock key, will the Num Lock light key glows on the keyboard?
    Let us know these things to analyze the issue and guide you accordingly.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, May 11, 2019
  3. Kris Ver Win User
    NUM Lock issue

Hi Karl,

The status of the NUM LOCK key is specific for each user, and NUM LOCK is disabled by default. If you want the NUM LOCK key enabled for use before a user presses CTRL+ALT+DEL to log on, you must use Registry Editor to change the default behavior.

To enable NUM LOCK before a user logs on, follow these steps:

• Run Registry Editor.
    • Move to HKEY_USERS\.Default\Control Panel\Keyboard.
    • Change the value for InitialKeyboardIndicators from 0 to 2.

IMPORTANT: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these
    steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article
    in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: How to back up and restore the registry in Window.

Kindly update us with the result.

Kris Ver, May 11, 2019
  4. f14tomcat Win User

laptop num keys

Tried to enable num lock key on bootup and now I'm locked out

Leaving Fast Startup disabled is fine. Here is the tutorial here on Tenforums for the Num Lock key at sign-on.

Enable or Disable Num Lock on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials

And the one for Fast Startup enable/disable.

Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

Read thru them both, and make sure all the proper steps were taken. It should not lock you out of your laptop.

f14tomcat, May 11, 2019
Thema:

laptop num keys

1. laptop num keys - Similar Threads - laptop num keys

2. Num lock key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Num lock key not working: Num lock key is not working. How do I turn it on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/num-lock-key-not-working/b1ea4f8f-bd31-45d8-bd13-408f6c6b9945
  3. Num lock key not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Num lock key not working: Num lock key is not working. How do I turn it on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/num-lock-key-not-working/b1ea4f8f-bd31-45d8-bd13-408f6c6b9945
  4. Num keypad '-' key locks Windows.....??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Num keypad '-' key locks Windows.....??: Hi all,I'm using a Logitech K470 keyboard & mouse combo German edition and found a funny quirk where every time I press the '-' key on the number pad Windows locks itself.... weird right!? I've tried using PowerToys to remap the key to no avail, and searched all over but...
  5. external keyboard to msi laptop without num key pad

in Windows 10 Support
    external keyboard to msi laptop without num key pad: Hello folks, I plan to add an external keyboard, with numeric keypad, to my msi-laptop. This laptop came without the usual numeric keys to the right of the keyboard. Question: if the external (usb) keyboard has numeric keys, which I suppose will be the case, will these...
  6. Want it wireless keyboard num key

Want it wireless keyboard num key: Hi I have a Wantit IKBMAC15 wireless full keyboard, I can’t make the number keyboard part work as I can’’t find the num lock on the keyboard, can anyone help please! Thanks Sue...
  7. num keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    num keys: Please tell me how to use laptop numlock and keys.There is no numlock key in my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/num-keys/0b4ed65f-6e87-405b-a937-dff0779365ae
  8. Num lock key

in Windows 10 Customization
    Num lock key: Yesterday I turned off my pc and started it again a few minutes later, and now my num lock key is off upon opening. How do I change the default to be "on" ?...
  9. Laptop with Ten Key - Indicate when Num Lock is ON

Laptop with Ten Key - Indicate when Num Lock is ON: Working with a Latitude E5570, has ten key in key board. The Num Lock key doesn't have a light indicator or the program doesn't indicate NL On. Is there a solution short of having to type numbers to check if the Num Lock is ON or OFF? Most annoying in current status....
  10. Num Lock key on at boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Num Lock key on at boot: For some reason, my num lock is off by default. I looked up the solutions, and the ones I found said to turn it on at the login screen, then reboot. It remained on for the next boot, but after that, it was off again. So I tried changing the registry key under...