Windows 10: Laptop often freeze, can't open anything including the Security Options (ctrl alt del)

Discus and support Laptop often freeze, can't open anything including the Security Options (ctrl alt del) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi! I bought a new laptop from a store but it is often lag even when it's new. After some days, the lag is become more often and dangerous. It become... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bimo Pangestu, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Laptop often freeze, can't open anything including the Security Options (ctrl alt del)

Hi!

I bought a new laptop from a store but it is often lag even when it's new. After some days, the lag is become more often and dangerous. It become 100% unresponsive that I can't move my pointer at all. All I do is just shut it down by holding the power button but then Idk whether my work is gonna be all fne or not. I have an Aspire 5 A514-51K-31U6 that has i3 7th gen and 4GB DDR4. I know this specs aren't good for today's PCs but I believe that this spec are capable to handle Windows 10 optimally without having an often freezing issues. The HDD is still free for hundreds gigs and the brand of the HDD is Toshiba (Idk whether its a good brand or not) but there's one thing. My PC often (or would I say almost always) shows a 100% usage of Disk. After I checked the program below it, there are no apps that use much data processing (I think it even shows 100% disk usage when I open nothing).

I have not much startup apps

Laptop often freeze, can't open anything including the Security Options (ctrl alt del) 25283dfc-5593-4c5c-bf56-aa4835d0544d?upload=true.jpg

Take a look on the tskmgr and the disk resource below

Laptop often freeze, can't open anything including the Security Options (ctrl alt del) 64015e1f-d849-41e1-b318-437c03a8627b?upload=true.jpg

Laptop often freeze, can't open anything including the Security Options (ctrl alt del) 6630da10-4190-4a3f-ac5f-7de6f718617d?upload=true.jpg

So, what should I do with this problem?

Thank you for your help!

:)

Bimo Pangestu, Nov 26, 2019

2. Ctrl Alt Del, Vista

The whole Ctrl+Shift+Esc should be used to get that crazy screen with those options and Ctrl+Alt+Del should bring up TM.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Nov 26, 2019
  3. System Message "Preparing Security Options ( Ctrl + Alt + Del )"

You can open Task Manager many ways.

• Right-click the Taskbar and click on Task Manager.
    • Open Start, do a search for Task Manager and click the result.
    • Use the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keyboard shortcut.
    • Use the Ctrl + Alt + Del keyboard shortcut and click on Task Manager.

Its strange why Windows displays a "Preparing Security Options" message when you use Ctrl + Alt + Del keyboard shortcut, can you please check and see if this issue resolves from Safe Mode.

FreeBooter, Nov 26, 2019
  4. jonmcc33 Win User

Laptop often freeze, can't open anything including the Security Options (ctrl alt del)

Ctrl Alt Del, Vista

On a domain you won't get Task Manager when you hit Ctrl+Alt+Del. You get a crazy screen with a bunch of options.

Ctrl+Shift+Esc has always brought up just the Task Manager, even back to Windows XP days. You just weren't aware of it. *Wink Laptop often freeze, can't open anything including the Security Options (ctrl alt del) ;)

Go ahead, try it in Windows XP too.

jonmcc33, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

Laptop often freeze, can't open anything including the Security Options (ctrl alt del)

1. Laptop often freeze, can't open anything including the Security Options (ctrl alt del) - Similar Threads - Laptop often freeze

2. Can't select Ctrl+Alt+Del in HyperV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't select Ctrl+Alt+Del in HyperV: I cant send Ctrl+Alt+Del to my container and can't put it in "Enhanced Mode" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-select-ctrlaltdel-in-hyperv/ec2a5855-8f33-4838-80a1-a05dae20d72e
  3. ctrl-alt-del netplwiz secure sign-in cannot uncheck

in Windows 10 Customization
    ctrl-alt-del netplwiz secure sign-in cannot uncheck: after upgrading windows 10 pro to windows 10 pro ghost specter. netplwiz forces me to use ctrl-alt-del to unlock my lockscreen.after upgrading windows 10 pro to windows 10 pro ghost specter. netplwiz forces me to use ctrl-alt-del to unlock my lockscreen....
  4. Change Password Is Missing From Ctrl+Alt+Del Options

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Password Is Missing From Ctrl+Alt+Del Options: I have been using Windows 10 for a while now. And for a long time now, I've never bothered to change my password until now. I have an experience with previous versions of the Windows operating systems such as Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 etc. Anytime I wanted to change my logon password,...
  5. CTRL + ALT + DEL delayed

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    CTRL + ALT + DEL delayed: Hello, Recently I've had a couple of users report a very long delay after hitting CTRL + ALT + DEL One came into the help desk and I can confirm that it can take up to 10 minutes. The users machine was Windows 10 Version 2004. Lenovo Thinkpad T14. I disabled all non...
  6. Win10 bug: Can't click anything until i open task manager with ctrl alt del

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 bug: Can't click anything until i open task manager with ctrl alt del: Hello. I have this super annoying bug and I can not fix it. Every few mins or so, I can't click anything on dekstop, chrome or anywhere else until I open task manager by going ctrl-alt-del, or unless I wait some time (like 10-15 seconds or so). Does anyone know a fix?...
  7. Forced to ctrl+Alt +Del to login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forced to ctrl+Alt +Del to login: Running windows 10 completely updated When I boot up my HP Envy 17 inch laptop it arrives at the lock screen. Clicking any key on the keyboard DOES NOT get me to the password/PIN prompt neither does the on screen keyboard. I need to click my mouse to bring up the...
  8. CTRL+ALT+DEL disappears

in Windows 10 Customization
    CTRL+ALT+DEL disappears: Hello; I have a windows 10 on domain. It shows ALT+CTRL+DEL and then i click ok all i get is a black screen with mouse pointer. I tried to change the projector setting to single display same thing. Any ways to resolve this please....
  9. Ctrl+Alt+Del

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ctrl+Alt+Del: When I start the computer it is locked. It is asking for Ctrl+Alt+Del to be entered. When I do this there is no response. I cannot get to the password entry; the keyboard doesn't respond. How do I fix this?...
  10. System Message "Preparing Security Options ( Ctrl + Alt + Del )"

in Windows 10 Support
    System Message "Preparing Security Options ( Ctrl + Alt + Del )": Hi, I've tryed to do my homework reading early posts about this issue, but found no clear answer. When I try to go to Task Manager, I get a message "Preparing Security Options" right before the blue screen with the menu were Task Manager access option is. Sometimes...