Windows 10: Laptop random reboot after update to latest win edition -

Discus and support Laptop random reboot after update to latest win edition - in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi guys. I am still having issues with my laptop Reliability history attached in thread : Laptop random reboot after update to latest win... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Marko1401, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Marko1401 Win User

Laptop random reboot after update to latest win edition -

Hi guys.

I am still having issues with my laptop
    Reliability history attached in thread :

Laptop random reboot after update to latest win edition - Windows 10 Forums

can someone knowlegable about kernel dumps get on board and tell me what is going on so I can use the laptop?

I do not experience a BSOD but a random restart - for some reason.

Would really appreciate someone telling me if they had similar issues.

How do I rule out ANY hw issues?

:)

Marko1401, Jan 14, 2018
  2. akalcik Win User

Lumia 800 random reboots

I have the problems with random reboots after latest firmware and operation system updates. Mostly on place to call or go back from Airplane Mode. No random reboots before.

Firmwarerevisonnumber: 1600.2483.8106.11500

Operationsystemrevisionnumber: 7.10.8107.79

Hardwarerevisionnumber: 112.1402.2.3

Regards

AKa

akalcik, Jan 14, 2018
  3. Upgrade fail on Dell Inspirion 15 7537

Hello,

I was updating to Windows 10 from 8.1 on my Dell laptop model 7537.

It is having a nvidia 750 graphic card.

Right after a reboot during the installation of Windows 10 the laptop got stuck after bios and nothing happensScreen becomes black.

I have seen it also in windows 8.1 while going back from sleep modes, sometimes it got stuck and black and does not recover.

I have heard trouble with intel and especially nvidia graphic together is troublesome.

So after 2 reboots windows re-installed win 8.1 again automatic.

Ok now back to win 8.1.

I was thinking ok if I update to latest nvidia driver that would make the computer not possible to boot beacuse I guess win 10 is using the latest driver. I installed latest nvidia driver on the nvidia webpage. Computer got stucked after reboot.

So I guess the win 10 is using a new driver which isn't compatible with Dell laptops.

If this is the case, is there anyway to install win 10 ?

LarsAhlqvist, Jan 14, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, have you resolved this?

In this case:
    Windows 10 - LiveKernelEvent Code 141 - Page 2 - Windows Crashes, BSOD, and Hangs Help and Support
    it was RAM incompatibility.

Note the idea of trying an older graphics driver (which in your case would seem to be a complete guess, however a few people have found after upgrading that they need an older graphics driver or to update their BIOS).

(Note: posting pictures of your Reliability History doesn't actually provide much info- it's the report shown when you click the red crosses that's important - and in your case, you're looking for one which is repeated and occurs at the times you have a restart).

Depending how often this happens, it might be interesting to run your PC in Safe Mode just to see if it restarts at all.

As to hardware- you could try running a RAM test.

dalchina, Jan 16, 2018
  5. Marko1401 Win User
    I couldn't get the official test you guys sent me to load, hence ran the windows 10 native one, which reported no problems at all.

I can post those results of course.
    If its ram, then awesome I'll just buy a new 8 GB ram stick and go with that, problem solved.

Is there any way I can make sure its not something like motherboard related?
    I'll post memory diagnostic tool info later on, running the test again.

Marko1401, Jan 18, 2018
  6. zbook New Member
    zbook, Jan 20, 2018
  7. Marko1401 Win User
    Awesome.

The log report is here :

Marko1401, Jan 20, 2018
  8. zbook New Member

In scanning the log files these were some notable findings:

The RAM is mismatched.
    The drive had paging errors.
    There were approximately 10 in roughly 30 days: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

For all tests / steps please post images into the thread.
    If there are problems posting images please use one drive or drop box share links.

1) Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    2) sfc /scannow
    3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    4) chkdsk /scan
    5) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread
    6) Run HD Tune: (on all drives) and post 3 images for each drive:
    HD Tune website
    a) Health (SMART)
    b) Benchmark
    c) Full error scan

7) Run memtest86+ version 5.01 for at least 8 passes. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
    This may take hours so plan to run it overnight.
    Please make sure you use the Memtest86+ version 5.01 with the link below.
    Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
    The testing is done not by time but by passes.
    The more passes the better.
    There are a significant number of false negatives if fewer than 8 passes are made.
    A false negative is a test pass when there is malfunctioning RAM.
    There is 6 GB of RAM on the computer.
    Memtest86+ version 5.01 testing takes approximately 1 - 2 hours /GB RAM
    Just 1 error is a fail and you can abort testing.
    Then test 1 RAM module at a time in the same DIMM each for 8 or more passes.
    When Memtest86+ has completed 8 or more passes use a camera or smart phone camera to take a picture and post an image into the thread.
    Memory problems. - Microsoft Community
    MemTest86+ - Test RAM BSOD Tutorials

8) In the left lower corner search type: system or system control > open system control panel > on the left pane click advanced system settings > on the advanced tab under startup and recovery click settings > post an image of the startup and recovery into the thread.
    > on the advanced tab under performance > click on settings > click on advanced tab > under virtual memory click on change > post an image of the virtual memory tab into the thread

9) Download and install Whocrashed > in the left upper corner above analyze click on tools > crash dump test > type: ACCEPT
    Resplendence Software - WhoCrashed, automatic crash dump analyzer
    10) Click analyze > look for dead or deaddead in the results > post the results into the thread
    11) Run the log collector after the above steps and post a new zip into the thread:
    log collector v2-beta08.zip

Code: Event[1784]: Log Name: System Source: Disk Date: 2018-01-17T00:11:50.385 Event ID: 51 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: MarkoV5 Description: An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk1\DR2 during a paging operation.Event[1785]: Log Name: System Source: Disk Date: 2018-01-17T00:11:50.385 Event ID: 51 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: MarkoV5 Description: An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk1\DR2 during a paging operation.Event[1786]: Log Name: System Source: Disk Date: 2018-01-17T00:11:50.416 Event ID: 51 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: MarkoV5 Description: An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk1\DR2 during a paging operation.Event[1787]: Log Name: System Source: Disk Date: 2018-01-17T00:11:50.416 Event ID: 51 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: MarkoV5 Description: An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk1\DR2 during a paging operation.[/quote]

zbook, Jan 21, 2018
  9. Marko1401 Win User
    Hi Guys,

For reasons unknown to me, with a latest win update (some driver something)
    I am no longer having these issues.

Weird.

Marko1401, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop random reboot after update to latest win edition - - Similar Threads - Laptop random reboot

2. Laptop reboots randomly soon after boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop reboots randomly soon after boot: My Dell G5 is running Windows 11 most recent build and all the patches installed. I reinstalled the OS a day since I had same issue before. After reinstalling OS, I installed latest versions of all the drivers. Still the problems persist. Please refer to the links of minidump...
  3. Laptop reboots randomly soon after boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop reboots randomly soon after boot: My Dell G5 is running Windows 11 most recent build and all the patches installed. I reinstalled the OS a day since I had same issue before. After reinstalling OS, I installed latest versions of all the drivers. Still the problems persist. Please refer to the links of minidump...
  4. randomly reboot and restart after the latest updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    randomly reboot and restart after the latest updates: Since November 2022 updates: 1. My desktop restarts several times during boot. Booting only succeeds in "debug mode", if at all. 2. Windows restarts unexpectedly and randomly within 1-30 minutes after a successful boot. 3. I reported the problem to Microsoft Customer Service...
  5. Laptop reboots on shutdown after latest driver updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop reboots on shutdown after latest driver updates: Hello! After recent driver updates I can't shutdown my laptop, it automatically reboots after 3-4 secs. I have already tried everything from here, nothing helps. Attaching screenshot of latest driver updates: [ATTACH] I can't rollback this updates because I can't find what...
  6. Random Cpu system usage after latest win 10 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random Cpu system usage after latest win 10 update: task manager shows "System" as CPU usage spike. scanned entire laptop with MacAfree latest update, all clean UPD: I had an opened image in "Photos" win 10 default image viewer. The second I closed it, Spike stoped. submitted by /u/Sword_by_some [link] [comments]...
  7. Laptop randomly rebooting after opening lid.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop randomly rebooting after opening lid.: I have a Razer Blade R2 running Windows 10. About three days ago my laptop randomly shut down and rebooted when I opened the lid and woke it from sleep mode. Since then, it has happened 3 more times, all seconds after opening the lid. Sometimes I can make it past the login...
  8. Random reboots after 1809 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random reboots after 1809 update: Hello everyone! Last weekend (14th/16th) I received the 1809 update which many people seem to be having problems with. Obvioulsy I am now one of them ... After the update my computer performs random reboots as if I was hitting the reset button. It's happening in idle,...
  9. Laptop random reboot after update to latest win edition

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop random reboot after update to latest win edition: Hi Guys, love the new iteration of windows 10. Its cool and looks a little more polished. However I exprienced random reboots with my laptop while using it, and I think its not hardware related. SFC reports no issues. Any tools I can use to narrow the problem down?...
  10. Latest update broke things after reboot.

in Windows 10 Support
    Latest update broke things after reboot.: So far, I cannot run a no sleep hard drive program, Task Manager, or Outlook. Oh joy as I look for other things that no longer work. And...it's now working again, all of it. I guess it had to ruminate and digest the update for a few hours. I did nothing but play WoW for a...