Windows 10: Laptop randomly wakes from sleep - DELL

Discus and support Laptop randomly wakes from sleep - DELL in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've had this Dell Inspiron i5577 for quite a while, and now, it's been waking up randomly at night. This morning I woke up to my computer on, well,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by osly2081, Feb 17, 2019.

1. osly2081 Win User

Laptop randomly wakes from sleep - DELL

I've had this Dell Inspiron i5577 for quite a while, and now, it's been waking up randomly at night. This morning I woke up to my computer on, well, sort of. It was on, the fans were loud, but the screen wasn't on. My RGB external keyboard was on too, but my mouse wasn't. I'm so confused as to why my computer wakes up. I've disabled wake timers and auto maintenance before, and it solved the problem temporarily. Today, the issue came back to haunt me. Usually this "thing" happens once every 2 weeks or so. But it's happened 2 times already this week. Could it be from my laptop's proximity sensor acting up because I don't close the lid/screen at night. Any help is appreciated and, I think this might be because of the windows update? At night, I don't close my laptop lid because my keyboard is there, should I close my laptop lid? Any help is appreciated, Wake on LAN isn't an option in my bios, but I have toggled off some settings from the WiFi and Ethernet adapters to stop that from waking my computer. It seems as if this issue happens every 2 weeks... and I just had my laptop update 1-2 days ago because it just refused to NOT update ._. Any help is greatly appreciated. I've tried Brink's "See Wake Sources" tutorial, but if I remember correctly, it said the source was either the power button or "unknown." I don't understand what's going on, this is extremely frustrating.

:)

osly2081, Feb 17, 2019

2. Dell Inspiron 3543 wake from sleep issue.

Hello All,

Below is my laptop details

Laptop Model: Dell inspiron 3543

BIOS ver: 05.06.05

Processor: i3

Ram : 8GB

HDD: 1TB

I am facing a issue related to wake from sleep, where when i put my laptop to sleep either manually or auto sleep set to 60min but when i try to wake it by opening the lid or pressing the power button there is no display ( this scenario is for short sleep
    duration).

The 2nd scenario is overnight sleep where i manually put the laptop to sleep and morning when i try to wake the laptop the battery is drained or same as the 1st scenario no display.

In both the cases, i have to long press the power button ( Hard restart).

As per my observation, it might have happened after the recent Windows update KB4462919, KB4462930.

Steps taken to rectify the issue:

• BIOS Update - Speedstep disabled in BIOS and Fast startup from Power Option.
    • Power option reset
    • Hybrid sleep off and on
    • Hibernate off and on
    • Sleep Duration change
    • Allow this computer to wake from sleep WIFI and Ethernet Disabled
    • Disable modern/connected standby HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power --- CsEnabled set to 0
    Thanks in advance

Regard`s

Sudarshan.H.R

sudarshan_hr, Feb 17, 2019
  3. spettro Win User
    Dell WIN10 DESKTOP (NOT LAPTOP!) does not wake from sleep

Dell WIN10 DESKTOP (NOT LAPTOP!) does not wake from sleep.

After frustration with sleep issues, PC was set to never sleep and hibernation was DISABLED, hybrid sleep was set to OFF.

PC went into sleep overnight, and cannot be waked.

After manual shutdown & holding for 45 seconds, PC goes immediately back into sleep mode on pressing start button, with light flashing but will not wake up. No opportunity to get control of the PC.

USB wire-connected keyboard & mouse are not "on" and thus not recognized by sleeping system.

IE, NO WAY TO GET COMMAND PROMPT or GET CONTROL OF BOOT or SYSTEM, SO CANNOT TRY THE MANY TIPS FOUND IN FORUMS FOR ENDLESS SLEEP MODE, NOR CAN I UPDATE DRIVERS - sorry for CAPs but I've seen many suggestions, all of which rely on being able to access the BIOS or Safe Start etc, so are not helpful to this case. Thanks in advance for any help!

spettro, Feb 17, 2019
  4. osly Win User

Dell laptop randomly wakes up from sleep

I've had this Dell Inspiron i5577 for quite a while, and now, it's been waking up randomly at night. This morning I woke up to my computer on, well, sort of. It was on, the fans were loud, but the screen wasn't on. My RGB external keyboard was on too, but my mouse wasn't. I'm so confused as to why my computer wakes up. I've disabled wake timers and auto maintenance before, and it solved rhe problem temporarily. Today, the issue came back to haunt me. Any help is appreciated and, I think this might be because of the windows update? At night, I don't close my laptop lid because my keyboard is there, should I close my laptop lid? Any help is appreciated, I think I'll have to disable wake on LAN in my bios if that's even a thing? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thema:

1. Laptop randomly wakes from sleep - DELL - Similar Threads - Laptop randomly wakes

2. pc randomly waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    pc randomly waking from sleep: This HP desktop pc is continually waking when not in use and poser is set to 'sleep'.I do not understand the power setting options: "What do you want the pc to do when you press sleep?""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" shut down"?Isn't it natural that I...
  3. pc randomly waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc randomly waking from sleep: This HP desktop pc is continually waking when not in use and poser is set to 'sleep'.I do not understand the power setting options: "What do you want the pc to do when you press sleep?""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" shut down"?Isn't it natural that I...
  4. pc randomly waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why does my laptop wake from sleep randomly?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does my laptop wake from sleep randomly?: Preface: My n key is double-typing for some reason. I'm doing my best to correct it, but if you see any words with extra ns please disregard them. #System Info I have a Dell G5 SE running Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041. Logitech G910 Orion Spark Keyboard...
  6. So my laptop randomly wakes up from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So my laptop randomly wakes up from sleep: So I am not sure if this is the right sub to ask this but help would be appreciated. So my laptop randomly wakes up from sleep, and it’s not like the screen is on or anything, it’s just running and fans are on and stuff. When I actually try to press power button to see if...
  7. Laptop randomly shuts down after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop randomly shuts down after waking from sleep: I have a laptop, built for me, running windows 10. This issue comes and goes, but it has happened five or six times in the last three days. After sleeping the laptop, upon waking opening the lid the fan whirs and then the whole machine shuts down. Usually it is fine after...
  8. Laptop wakes from sleep, randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop wakes from sleep, randomly: I've had this Dell Inspiron i5577 for quite a while, and now, it's been waking up randomly at night. This morning I woke up to my computer on, well, sort of. It was on, the fans were loud, but the screen wasn't on. My RGB external keyboard was on too, but my mouse wasn't. I'm...
  9. Dell laptop randomly wakes up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell laptop randomly wakes up from sleep: I've had this Dell Inspiron i5577 for quite a while, and now, it's been waking up randomly at night. This morning I woke up to my computer on, well, sort of. It was on, the fans were loud, but the screen wasn't on. My RGB external keyboard was on too, but my mouse wasn't. I'm...
  10. Dell WIN10 DESKTOP (NOT LAPTOP!) does not wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell WIN10 DESKTOP (NOT LAPTOP!) does not wake from sleep: Dell WIN10 DESKTOP (NOT LAPTOP!) does not wake from sleep. After frustration with sleep issues, PC was set to never sleep and hibernation was DISABLED, hybrid sleep was set to OFF. PC went into sleep overnight, and cannot be waked. After manual shutdown & holding...