Windows 10: See Wake Source in Windows 10

Discus and support See Wake Source in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: See Wake Source in Windows 10 How to See Wake Source in Windows 10 This tutorial will show you how to see the wake source of what woke up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by MannyM00, Apr 17, 2018.

1. MannyM00 Win User

See Wake Source in Windows 10

How to: See Wake Source in Windows 10

How to See Wake Source in Windows 10

This tutorial will show you how to see the wake source of what woke up your Windows 10 PC from a hibernate state.

See also: Modern standby wake sources - Windows 10 hardware dev

CONTENTS:

OPTION ONE [/i] To See Last Wake Source in Command Prompt
    1. Open a command prompt.

2. Type the command below into the command prompt, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)

*Arrow powercfg lastwake

See Wake Source in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] To See Wake Sources in Event Viewer
    1. Open Event Viewer (eventvwr.msc).

2. In the left pane of Event Viewer, open on Windows Logs and System, right click or press and hold on System and click/tap on Filter Current Log. (see screenshot below)

3. Check Power-Troubleshooter in the Event sources menu, click/tap on an empty area in the "Filter Current Log" dialog, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshots below)

4. You can now click/tap on an event log in the middle pane of Event Viewer to see its wake source. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

MannyM00, Apr 17, 2018

2. WIndows 10 wakes up automatically

I have the same problem. Windows 10 wakes up at night at the same time at 3:29 am, wakeup source is unknown.

I switched off waking up from schedule tasks, mouse, keyboard and network, but it still happens.

> powercfg /lastwake

Wake History Count - 1

Wake History [0]

Wake Source Count - 0

SergeyAslanov, Apr 17, 2018
  3. Virtual81 Win User
    Windows 10 will not sleep and wakes from sleep

Method 1: failed, a search for troubleshooting revealed nothing.

See picture.

Method 2: Created a new power plan, put computer to sleep last night and it woke again.

powercfg -lastwake says...

C:\Windows\system32>powercfg -lastwake

Wake History Count - 1

Wake History [0]

Wake Source Count - 1

Wake Source [0]

Type: Wake Timer

Owner: [SERVICE] \Device\HarddiskVolume1\Windows\System32\svchost.exe (SystemEventsBroker)

Owner Supplied Reason: Windows will execute 'Maintenance Activator' scheduled task that requested waking the computer.

C:\Windows\system32>

Virtual81, Apr 17, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Agreed. It looks like a wake up schedule for Acronis.

Brink, Apr 17, 2018
Thema:

1. See Wake Source in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Wake Source

2. My PC wakes up but my monitors would indicate no display source

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC wakes up but my monitors would indicate no display source: So, I have a pc and I added a new monitor the main one on display port the other on HDMI I have gtx 1080 and ryzen AMD Ryzen 7 1800X. when I manually put it on sleep the pc would wake up without the monitor working which would lead to me restarting the pc then it starts fine...
  3. My PC wakes up but my monitors would indicate no display source

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC wakes up but my monitors would indicate no display source: So, I have a pc and I added a new monitor the main one on display port the other on HDMI I have gtx 1080 and ryzen AMD Ryzen 7 1800X. when I manually put it on sleep the pc would wake up without the monitor working which would lead to me restarting the pc then it starts fine...
  4. Laptop Waking up at the same time every Hour Wake Source: Device -AMD USB 3.10 eXtensible...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Waking up at the same time every Hour Wake Source: Device -AMD USB 3.10 eXtensible...: Hello,This problem started 3 days ago after I had removed my Legion 5 Pro laptop which is my workstation laptop from all USB devices. Did usual monthly cleaning like I always do and connected it all back to the USB devices Keyboard and mouse through Monitor USB HUB, 2...
  5. Laptop Waking up at the same time every Hour Wake Source: Device -AMD USB 3.10 eXtensible...

Laptop Waking up at the same time every Hour Wake Source: Device -AMD USB 3.10 eXtensible...: Hello,This problem started 3 days ago after I had removed my Legion 5 Pro laptop which is my workstation laptop from all USB devices. Did usual monthly cleaning like I always do and connected it all back to the USB devices Keyboard and mouse through Monitor USB HUB, 2...
  6. Wake Source Unknown: Wake Timer Settings?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wake Source Unknown: Wake Timer Settings?: I’m having an issue whereby after putting my PC to sleep it always wakes up after only 10-20 seconds. Within the Event Viewer the wake source is listed as unknown. Interestingly, when I put the PC back to sleep a second time it remains sound asleep until I actively wake it. I...
  7. Wake Source Unknown: Wake Timer Settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wake Source Unknown: Wake Timer Settings?: I’m having an issue whereby after putting my PC to sleep it always wakes up after only 10-20 seconds. Within the Event Viewer the wake source is listed as unknown. Interestingly, when I put the PC back to sleep a second time it remains sound asleep until I actively wake it. I...
  8. Wake Source Unknown: Wake Timer Settings?

9. Windows 10 Warning Event ID 642 Source Esent keeps on waking computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Warning Event ID 642 Source Esent keeps on waking computer: Keep on getting application windows log warnings in event viewer. Everytime the event occurs the computer wakes up and the screen turns on. There was another thread but it is unresolved and archived. My error is based on windows search and database format error "svchost...
  10. What is a Wake source for Windows computer? Why did my PC wake up?

in Windows 10 News
    What is a Wake source for Windows computer? Why did my PC wake up?: [ATTACH]This post will show you how to find out what woke your Windows 10 computer from Sleep. Putting our PC to Sleep Mode is one […] This article What is a Wake source for Windows computer? Why did my PC wake up? first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...