Windows 10: See Wake Source in Windows 10

Discus and support See Wake Source in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: See Wake Source in Windows 10 How to See Wake Source in Windows 10 This tutorial will show you how to see the wake source of what woke up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by MannyM00, Apr 17, 2018.

1. MannyM00 Win User

See Wake Source in Windows 10

How to: See Wake Source in Windows 10

How to See Wake Source in Windows 10

This tutorial will show you how to see the wake source of what woke up your Windows 10 PC from a hibernate state.

See also: Modern standby wake sources - Windows 10 hardware dev

CONTENTS:

OPTION ONE [/i] To See Last Wake Source in Command Prompt
    1. Open a command prompt.

2. Type the command below into the command prompt, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)

*Arrow powercfg lastwake

See Wake Source in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] To See Wake Sources in Event Viewer
    1. Open Event Viewer (eventvwr.msc).

2. In the left pane of Event Viewer, open on Windows Logs and System, right click or press and hold on System and click/tap on Filter Current Log. (see screenshot below)

3. Check Power-Troubleshooter in the Event sources menu, click/tap on an empty area in the "Filter Current Log" dialog, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshots below)

4. You can now click/tap on an event log in the middle pane of Event Viewer to see its wake source. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

MannyM00, Apr 17, 2018

2. WIndows 10 wakes up automatically

I have the same problem. Windows 10 wakes up at night at the same time at 3:29 am, wakeup source is unknown.

I switched off waking up from schedule tasks, mouse, keyboard and network, but it still happens.

> powercfg /lastwake

Wake History Count - 1

Wake History [0]

Wake Source Count - 0

SergeyAslanov, Apr 17, 2018
  3. Virtual81 Win User
    Windows 10 will not sleep and wakes from sleep

Method 1: failed, a search for troubleshooting revealed nothing.

See picture.

Method 2: Created a new power plan, put computer to sleep last night and it woke again.

powercfg -lastwake says...

C:\Windows\system32>powercfg -lastwake

Wake History Count - 1

Wake History [0]

Wake Source Count - 1

Wake Source [0]

Type: Wake Timer

Owner: [SERVICE] \Device\HarddiskVolume1\Windows\System32\svchost.exe (SystemEventsBroker)

Owner Supplied Reason: Windows will execute 'Maintenance Activator' scheduled task that requested waking the computer.

C:\Windows\system32>

Virtual81, Apr 17, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Agreed. It looks like a wake up schedule for Acronis.

Brink, Apr 17, 2018
Thema:

1. See Wake Source in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Wake Source

2. Wake On Lan

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wake On Lan: I'm having issues setting up Wake on Lan on my PC and have no idea why at this point. I had it working on Windows 7 but since i upgraded it a few months back I've not managed to get it working again. I've followed the instructs, turned the wake on lan function on in network...
  3. Computer waking up from sleep then not returning to sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer waking up from sleep then not returning to sleep.: So after my resent upgrade/reset due to corrupt system files my computer has started waking up from sleep again during the night. This was a problem before, but I somehow solved it, pretty sure the problem was the computer didn't actually go to sleep. Instead, it entered some...
  4. Critical Process Died occurred after waking from sleep mode in Windows10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical Process Died occurred after waking from sleep mode in Windows10.: As title, blue screen errorCritical Process Died occurred. Although I see the system dump file, couldn't guess any reason why this error occurred. Could you give me any clue or solution? Followings are system dump file generated when blue screen error occurred....
  5. Fixing green screen when waking from sleep mode Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fixing green screen when waking from sleep mode Windows 10: Okay so when i wake my pc from sleep mode, my monitor goes into a green screen while my second monitor stays normal Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fixing-green-screen-when-waking-from-sleep-mode/40874456-3cfd-4bb5-a4d6-be1fb348b362
  6. How to Wake Windows using Logitech Mouse or Keyboard

How to Wake Windows using Logitech Mouse or Keyboard: How to turn on Wake with Mouse or Keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-wake-windows-using-logitech-mouse-or/25aba458-de5e-4667-81c6-5ec6e64bd7e1
  7. No sleep/standby when lid is open wakes up immediately

No sleep/standby when lid is open wakes up immediately: My notebook is a Lenovo Z710 running Windows 10 2004. The problem is as follows: If I put the system to standby mode start menu / power symbol / standby and the lid is open, it wakes up immediately. Just to clarify: This happens without touching the lid. As long as the...
  8. When my laptop wakes up from sleep the graphics that are displayed look all weird. The top...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When my laptop wakes up from sleep the graphics that are displayed look all weird. The top...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/mjsztainbok [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hj0v73/when_my_laptop_wakes_up_from_sleep_the_graphics/
  9. Wake source unknown

in Windows 10 Support
    Wake source unknown: Hi forum hivemind, I'm wondering if anyone has had an issue with their labtop turn on while transported without a known cause. I've been to self help sites that have told me various solutions such as: Win 10: Command prompt/ powercfg -lastwake And it comes up with no...
  10. wake source missing

in Windows 10 Support
    wake source missing: Hi! First post here. I was planning on doing a script that behaves differently depending on which wake source type waking up my system from hibernate. Im abled to differentiate between timer wake-up and mouse/keyboard wake-up, but not between mouse/keyboard and wake on magic...