Windows 10: Laptop Reset - There Was an Error?

Discus and support Laptop Reset - There Was an Error? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, my son needs to sell his old laptop and has selected the factory reset. After about ~1 hour there's a message saying: "Reset this PC There was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by winchesterstoke, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Laptop Reset - There Was an Error?

Hi, my son needs to sell his old laptop and has selected the factory reset. After about ~1 hour there's a message saying:

"Reset this PC
    There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made"

Any ideas please? My son is worried as he needs to sell his old laptop to get a replacement.

Is it worth uninstalling everything already installed?

Thanks!

:)

winchesterstoke, Mar 2, 2017
  2. Molly53 Win User

An app default was reset

Thanks for your help.All of a sudden tonight my computer started an install updates which obviously had a repair patch in it and all is back as it was!

Molly53, Mar 2, 2017
  3. An app default was reset

So is this thread closed or is mine no longer a priority question? I know it's only been a day, but there's been nothing since yesterday afternoon.

Panagia-Ira, Mar 2, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Laptop Reset - There Was an Error?

NavyLCDR, Mar 2, 2017
Thema:

Laptop Reset - There Was an Error?

1. Laptop Reset - There Was an Error? - Similar Threads - Laptop Reset Was

2. Resetting Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting Laptop: tried resetting it while my personal files would be left & only reinstall Windows but it didn’t work tried twice. Then I tried resetting it while removing everything including personal files & now it doesn’t work. It just shows “mecer” & then loads until it tells me there was...
  3. Resetting Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Resetting Laptop: tried resetting it while my personal files would be left & only reinstall Windows but it didn’t work tried twice. Then I tried resetting it while removing everything including personal files & now it doesn’t work. It just shows “mecer” & then loads until it tells me there was...
  4. reset laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    reset laptop: I got a laptop that was just used by a friend for a few days and he had set up it for his own detailsIt has win 11 digital activation It's asus tuf a15 latestI want to reset to how it came right out of the boxAnd after the reset how can I not loose win 11 activation I want to...
  5. Reset laptop

Reset laptop: I factory reset my windows 11 laptop, originally win 10, I reset and wiped all the drives, but after the reset was over I didn’t have to go through the setup again, now it’s stuck on the login screen which previously had a pin, I tried the pin it doesn’t work I tried...
  6. Laptop Reset

Laptop Reset: Hello,So after I updated my laptop everything was going fine until one day I opened my laptop and all my downloads and apps and my laptops memory was wiped completely. I tried restarting it and it does the same thing, I tried shutting it down and It did not change a bit. I...
  7. Error after resetting laptop

Error after resetting laptop: My girlfriend reset her laptop with windows 10, but after the initial restart, an error occurs that says "the computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click 'ok' to restart..." I've attempted...
  8. Laptop Resetting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop Resetting: Hi,I would like to ask what takes so long for my laptop to reset,I tried to reset my laptop to factory and now it keeps on turning off and on and the screen stuck at 64%,I’ve been leaving it to on and off by itself for like nearly 10hours...
  9. Reseting Laptop

Reseting Laptop: So I want to reboot my Laptop because of lagging, and I am not sure that it will keep windows on my Laptop. So question is this: Will I have to buy windows again after I will reboot Laptop Note: I want to delete everything ( including files and personal data)...
  10. Resetting Laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resetting Laptop: So I previously tried to download Windows 10 on my Hp laptop but it's telling me I have to free up space on my laptop in order to download it but the thing it there's nothing on my laptop at all i have no pictures, no music, no documents or anything because I deleted...