Windows 10: Laptop Reset - There Was an Error?

Discus and support Laptop Reset - There Was an Error? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, my son needs to sell his old laptop and has selected the factory reset. After about ~1 hour there's a message saying: "Reset this PC There was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by winchesterstoke, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Laptop Reset - There Was an Error?

Hi, my son needs to sell his old laptop and has selected the factory reset. After about ~1 hour there's a message saying:

"Reset this PC
    There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made"

Any ideas please? My son is worried as he needs to sell his old laptop to get a replacement.

Is it worth uninstalling everything already installed?

Thanks!

:)

winchesterstoke, Mar 2, 2017
  2. Molly53 Win User

An app default was reset

Thanks for your help.All of a sudden tonight my computer started an install updates which obviously had a repair patch in it and all is back as it was!

Molly53, Mar 2, 2017
  3. An app default was reset

So is this thread closed or is mine no longer a priority question? I know it's only been a day, but there's been nothing since yesterday afternoon.

Panagia-Ira, Mar 2, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Laptop Reset - There Was an Error?

NavyLCDR, Mar 2, 2017
Thema:

Laptop Reset - There Was an Error?

1. Laptop Reset - There Was an Error? - Similar Threads - Laptop Reset Was

2. Resetting a laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Resetting a laptop: My grandma passed away and I was given her laptop and I don't know her password. Everytime I try resetting her laptop it gets to 45% and then goes back to the screen it was on before and says "go back to windows recovery environment". How do I fix it?...
  3. Error after resetting laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error after resetting laptop: My girlfriend reset her laptop with windows 10, but after the initial restart, an error occurs that says "the computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click 'ok' to restart..." I've attempted...
  4. Laptop Resetting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop Resetting: Hi,I would like to ask what takes so long for my laptop to reset,I tried to reset my laptop to factory and now it keeps on turning off and on and the screen stuck at 64%,I’ve been leaving it to on and off by itself for like nearly 10hours...
  5. Resetting laptop

Resetting laptop: Hello, Can anyone help me? I have recently reset my laptop because there was an virus and it had been stuck at 84% for about 3 hours. What should I do? Thank you, Narilly...
  6. Laptop reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop reset: Ive been trying to reset my laptop for a few days now and everything i do just doesnt work ive tried to update my laptop to the latest version of windows 10 but it says an error occurred, and after i just kept trying to reset it and it keep saying there was a problem, and now...
  7. Reset of laptop

Reset of laptop: I just recently reset my laptop. But i had removed the charger for a few minutes during reset . Does it create any problems? Pls let me know https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-of-laptop/e894f8ae-1900-455a-b44a-7e074e74916b
  8. Laptop reset

Laptop reset: How can I reset my laptop without having to provide space for this selection to take place? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-reset/1357cd4b-e012-43d6-922c-85ee4202a086
  9. Reseting Laptop

Reseting Laptop: So I want to reboot my Laptop because of lagging, and I am not sure that it will keep windows on my Laptop. So question is this: Will I have to buy windows again after I will reboot Laptop Note: I want to delete everything ( including files and personal data)...
  10. Resetting Laptop

Resetting Laptop: So I previously tried to download Windows 10 on my Hp laptop but it's telling me I have to free up space on my laptop in order to download it but the thing it there's nothing on my laptop at all i have no pictures, no music, no documents or anything because I deleted...