Windows 10: Laptop slowing down, and sometimes completely locking up

Discus and support Laptop slowing down, and sometimes completely locking up in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I'm having a strange issue that could be simple to fix, or could be something much worse. I bought this laptop a few years ago, installed a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by biggsamus, Nov 28, 2017.

1. biggsamus Win User

Laptop slowing down, and sometimes completely locking up

Hi,

I'm having a strange issue that could be simple to fix, or could be something much worse.
    I bought this laptop a few years ago, installed a SSD, and received random BSOD's once in every 2-3 weeks maybe, so I just put up with it. But the SSD has eventually stopped working to the point where I could barely start up the laptop without it failing. So I whipped out the SSD, and installed the original HDD, which had been kicking around since I bought the laptop. I reinstalled windows and everything seemed OK, but now it has started slowing down sometimes to the point where everything moves in strobe and with huge delay, or sometimes everything I am doing just stops responding, even ctrl alt delete won't work.

My gut instinct is that the HDD is bad, but i'm worried it's the laptop as it's now been through two hard drives.
    Please let me know if you need any more information.
    (Also I've ran sfc and the hard drive came up with no errors)

Hope you can help,
    Many Thanks,
    Lucas

:)

biggsamus, Nov 28, 2017

2. 3D Builder - Slowing down and locking, sometimes crashing

Hi,

We just want to make a follow-up. Was your issue already resolved? Let us know if you're still experiencing this issue so that we can recommend other troubleshooting steps that you can perform.

We’ll keep an eye out for your response.

Genevieve Cri, Nov 28, 2017
  3. 3D Builder - Slowing down and locking, sometimes crashing

I have a 3D project, that seems to be maybe too complex? or something because Builder is slowing down. It takes minutes to save, and like 5+ (still waiting!) minutes to "Merge". Sometimes it will crash, like doing a Subtract. It doesn't seem that elaborate
    to me, its just a box with some mountings on it and a few holes.

Is there some kind of complexity limitation? Right now 3D Builder is burning 19% CPU, and 2,672 MB of memory on this Surface Studio and it is just not workable.

How can I keep from getting into this predicament?

Laptop slowing down, and sometimes completely locking up [​IMG]

SolderFace, Nov 28, 2017
  4. Laptop slowing down, and sometimes completely locking up

I would like to have you run a Clean Boot.

How to perform a Clean Boot.

Warning: Disabling items in Services or Startup may leave your antivirus disabled until the process is ended. For this reason I would suggest that you perform this process off line.

Press the
    keys to open Run, then type msconfig in the search box. This will open System Configuration.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, you should enter the password or provide confirmation.

(1) Click/tap on the General tab.

(2) Click/tap on the Selective startup option.

(3) Remove the check mark in the Load startup items check box.

4. Click on the Services tab.

5. Place a check mark in the Hide all Microsoft services check box, this will remove the Microsoft Services from the list but will still be running.

6. Click Disable all, this will remove all of the check marks in the Services list.

7. Click on Apply then OK

Click on Restart in the window that opens.

When the computer is restarted it will boot normally.

If the problem does not continue after the restart please do the following.

8. Divide the number of these services by two and you place checks in the first half of these, then restart the computer.

9. If the problem doesn't return in those services remove the checks and place checks in the remaining services and restart the computer.

10. When you find which half the service is in go on to the next step.

11. The half which has the service causing this problem remove half of the checks as you did previously to see which half has this service. Restart the computer.

12. If it isn't in the first half of these services, do the same with the last half of the services.

13. Once you have narrowed it down to the last three or four services remove the checks one at a time till you find the service at fault.

Once you have found the service post it in your topic. Do not take any action until I suggest the next step.

FreeBooter, Nov 28, 2017
  5. biggsamus Win User
    Hi,

Thank you for your quick reply Freebooter.

I've been panicking so much about this that I've moved my entire work space into a different room (as the previous one was very very cold (I imagine down to near 5 degrees C, even though the laptop could be functional for 20 minutes, generally when the laptop would crash, I could hear the hard drive making quite a loud knock just before it happens).
    I have also switched the two HDD's in my laptop (I can't imagine this would make a difference, but I have always wondered if Asus having the primary drive in the left side instead of the right side was something that was important). I will wait for it to crash again, if it does I will start doing your advice straight away!

Thank you and sorry for not doing your advice first, it's just so crucial for me to have a functional laptop at the moment for University coursework. But I will follow your advice if the crashing continues.

Many thanks,
    Lucas

biggsamus, Nov 28, 2017
  6. No worries take your time.

FreeBooter, Nov 28, 2017
  7. biggsamus Win User
    Hi Freebooter,

Sorry i'm back again, now the issue is slightly different. I moved my laptop from my room (which gets absolutely freezing at night time) into the living room (which is cold, but probably 10 degrees + all the time at least).

So my laptop has been running well, the startup time is quite slow (but maybe I'm just comparing it to my laptop with the SSD that I used to have). No glitcheyness, strobe mouse or anything.

But anyway last night I switched the laptop off, and noticed it took a long time to fully power off, thought nothing of it, but then when I went to turn it on this morning it was taking forever on the Asus ROG loading screen. So I impatiently turned it off and tried again a bunch of times. Eventually I grew some patience and left it to do this loading (which I thought wasn't actually doing anything). It went in to a hard drive startup repair (i think?) where it said it was scanning and fixing each partition one at a time (this appeared to only be the E and F partition which is my Data Hard Drive).

Now looking at my Data Hard drive patitions, E and F, they both didn't show any information of how much room is available, and about 5 minutes later E does, but not F still. Also when trying to access information on there it takes a long, long time just to navigate between folders. Also in task manager it says disk 0 (E and F) is running constantly at 100%.

I have absolutely no data on there that I need to keep (it is all a backup of my primary hard drive, so formatting is fine or whatever needs to be done? I have tried the hard drive repair (by leaving the laptop to boot for about 45 minutes each time) but it doesn't seem to be fixing it. Windows is prompting me to reboot again and do that again.

Three things I changed last night before turning off my laptop was:
    1. Disabled fast boot in power options,
    2. Disabled sleep on lid close,
    3. Also windows has been prompting me to install an update, I never let it do it, but I think it did anyway?

Hope you can help!
    Thanks,
    Lucas

biggsamus, Dec 14, 2017
  8. zbook New Member

This is a log collector that we use in another forum. Run it on your computer to automatically collect files for troubleshooting.
    It will collect: msinfo32, dxdiag, mini dumps, drivers, hosts, install, uninstall, startup, services, event viewer files, etc.
    The file will appear on the desktop > zip it and post into the thread.

BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums

zbook, Dec 15, 2017
  9. biggsamus Win User
    Hi zbook,

I've been running the log collector since 00:19, and now it is 00:38.
    It's stuck on generating dxdiag report at the moment.
    I will keep waiting.

If you think the hard drive is the problem, it is always an option to remove the second hard drive from my laptop and mount it on an external hard drive caddy if it makes diagnoses easier?

Many thanks,
    Lucas

biggsamus, Dec 15, 2017
  10. biggsamus Win User
    Kind of figured out why it was stuck, i already already ran the log collector a couple of weeks ago, and had the folder on my desktop. Moved the old one from the desktop and now it's working better.
    It's possibly stuck on Making Services Report now. About 15 minutes on there.

biggsamus, Dec 15, 2017
  11. biggsamus Win User
    Hi zbook,

It has just finished, here's the zip.

Lucas

biggsamus, Dec 15, 2017
  12. zbook New Member
    Between 11/16/2017 and 12/14/2017 there were 14 crashes.
    One of the crashes had a problem creating a BSOD dump.
    There were many problems with the drive reported in the files.

For all tests please post images into the thread.
    If there are any problems posting images please use one drive or drop box share links.

1) open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    2) sfc /scannow
    3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    4) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread
    5) chkdsk /x /f /r
    This may take many hours so plan to run overnight
    6) Find the chkdsk report in the event viewer using the information in this link:
    Read Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

7) Run HDTune: HD Tune website
    to check the health,
    scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    run a benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    When above is done please make screenshots of the following
    the health,
    the error scan,
    the benchmark incl. following
    transfer rate,
    access time,
    burst rate,
    cpu usage.
    Take Screenshot in Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials

8) Run Sea tools for windows on your drive using SMART, short and long generic tests:

How to use SeaTools for Windows
    http://www.seagate.com/support/downl...ls-win-master/
    How to use SeaTools for Windows
    http://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/seatools/

9) If you use Ccleaner > click windows tab > scroll down to system and advanced > post an image into the thread10) In the left lower corner search type clean > open disk cleanup > scroll up and down > post images into the thread

11) In the left lower corner search type: system or system control > open system control panel > on the left pane click advanced system settings
    > on the advanced tab under startup and recovery click settings > post an image of the startup and recovery into the thread.
    > on the advanced tab under performance > click on settings > click on advanced tab > under virtual memory click on change > post an image of the virtual memory tab into the thread

12) In the left lower corner search type services > open windows error reporting service > scroll to the startup type column > right click > left click on properties > post an image into the thread

13) Download and install Whocrashed > in the left upper corner above analyze click on tools > crash dump test > type: ACCEPT
    Resplendence Software - WhoCrashed, automatic crash dump analyzer
    14) Click analyze > look for dead or deaddead in the results > post the results into the thread

15) Run the DM log collector after all of the above steps and post a zip into the thread:

16) Open device manager > click view > show hidden devices > expand all rows > look for any rows that have an icon with a yellow triangle and black exclamation mark > post images into the thread

17) Turn off Windows fast startup:
    Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

Code: Event[1057]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2017-11-16T13:15:16.963 Event ID: 140 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-R84D7AI Description: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: G:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume13.({Device Timeout}The specified I/O operation on %hs was not completed before the time-out period expired.)[/quote] Code: Event[11864]: Log Name: System Source: Ntfs Date: 2017-12-15T13:06:54.631 Event ID: 55 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: LukeLaptop Description: A corruption was discovered in the file system structure on volume E:.The exact nature of the corruption is unknown. The file system structures need to be scanned online.[/quote] Code: Event[12209]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2017-12-15T13:19:58.216 Event ID: 140 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: LukeLaptop Description: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: F:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume2.[/quote] Code: Event[16391]: Log Name: System Source: Ntfs Date: 2017-12-16T00:17:31.997 Event ID: 55 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: LukeLaptop Description: A corruption was discovered in the file system structure on volume F:.A corruption was found in a file system index structure. The file reference number is 0x9000000000009. The name of the file is "<unable to determine file name>". The corrupted index attribute is ":$SII:$INDEX_ROOT". The corrupted index block is located at Vcn 0xffffffffffffffff, Lcn 0xffffffffffffffff. The corruption begins at offset 112 within the index block.[/quote] Code: Event[341]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Boot Date: 2017-11-14T15:18:05.815 Event ID: 29 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-R84D7AI Description: Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4.[/quote] Code: Event[1050]: Log Name: System Source: Disk Date: 2017-11-16T13:14:50.911 Event ID: 153 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-R84D7AI Description: The IO operation at logical block address 0xbc158c8 for Disk 2 (PDO name: \Device\00000085) was retried.Event[1051]: Log Name: System Source: Disk Date: 2017-11-16T13:14:50.911 Event ID: 153 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-R84D7AI Description: The IO operation at logical block address 0x83f3c8 for Disk 2 (PDO name: \Device\00000085) was retried.Event[1052]: Log Name: System Source: Disk Date: 2017-11-16T13:15:00.923 Event ID: 153 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-R84D7AI Description: The IO operation at logical block address 0x80e9e0 for Disk 2 (PDO name: \Device\00000085) was retried.Event[1053]: Log Name: System Source: Disk Date: 2017-11-16T13:15:00.923 Event ID: 153 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-R84D7AI Description: The IO operation at logical block address 0x80e5e0 for Disk 2 (PDO name: \Device\00000085) was retried.Event[1054]: Log Name: System Source: Disk Date: 2017-11-16T13:15:00.923 Event ID: 153 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-R84D7AI Description: The IO operation at logical block address 0x83f408 for Disk 2 (PDO name: \Device\00000085) was retried.Event[1055]: Log Name: System Source: Disk Date: 2017-11-16T13:15:04.931 Event ID: 153 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-R84D7AI Description: The IO operation at logical block address 0x80e5e0 for Disk 2 (PDO name: \Device\00000085) was retried.Event[1056]: Log Name: System Source: Disk Date: 2017-11-16T13:15:12.937 Event ID: 153 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-R84D7AI Description: The IO operation at logical block address 0x80e5e8 for Disk 2 (PDO name: \Device\00000085) was retried.[/quote] Code: Event[2287]: Log Name: System Source: Disk Date: 2017-11-21T22:55:24.822 Event ID: 11 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: LukeLaptop Description: The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk2\DR2.[/quote] Code: Event[2391]: Log Name: System Source: Disk Date: 2017-11-22T03:44:04.764 Event ID: 11 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: LukeLaptop Description: The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk2\DR6.[/quote] Code: Event[8993]: Log Name: System Source: Disk Date: 2017-12-06T19:11:44.691 Event ID: 11 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: LukeLaptop Description: The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk2\DR3.[/quote] Code: Event[1630]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2017-11-18T19:59:45.094 Event ID: 98 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-R84D7AI Description: Volume G: (\Device\HarddiskVolume83) requires an Online Scan. An Online Scan will automatically run as part of the next scheduled maintenance task. Alternatively you may run "CHKDSK /SCAN" locally via the command line, or run "REPAIR-VOLUME <drive:> -SCAN" locally or remotely via PowerShell.[/quote] Code: Event[16890]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2017-12-16T00:27:18.129 Event ID: 98 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: LukeLaptop Description: Volume E: (\Device\HarddiskVolume1) needs to be taken offline to perform a Full Chkdsk. Please run "CHKDSK /F" locally via the command line, or run "REPAIR-VOLUME <drive:>" locally or remotely via PowerShell.[/quote] Code: Event[8084]: Log Name: System Source: volmgr Date: 2017-11-29T14:16:36.764 Event ID: 161 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: LukeLaptop Description: Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation.[/quote] Code: Event[2751]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-General Date: 2017-11-23T19:24:38.905 Event ID: 6 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: LukeLaptop Description: An I/O operation initiated by the Registry failed unrecoverably.The Registry could not flush hive (file): '[/quote] Code: Event[785]: Log Name: System Source: BTHUSB Date: 2017-11-14T22:04:37.937 Event ID: 14 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-R84D7AI Description: A device with Bluetooth adapter address (b8:69:c2:4c:03:4c) has a bad service record (attribute identifier 13). The service will not be visible.[/quote] Code: Event[9555]: Log Name: System Source: Disk Date: 2017-12-11T15:41:29.608 Event ID: 7 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: LukeLaptop Description: The device, \Device\Harddisk0\DR0, has a bad block.Event[9556]: Log Name: System Source: Disk Date: 2017-12-11T15:41:29.671 Event ID: 7 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: LukeLaptop Description: The device, \Device\Harddisk0\DR0, has a bad block.[/quote] Code: Event[17284]: Log Name: System Source: storahci Date: 2017-12-16T00:44:10.091 Event ID: 129 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: LukeLaptop Description: Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued.[/quote]

zbook, Dec 15, 2017
  13. biggsamus Win User

Hi Zbook,
    Thanks for the information, I am in the process of doing the checks that you've suggested.
    Could I just ask your opinion on what it could be?
    I will briefly explain my theory.
    I had SSD and HDD. Let's say in port 1 and 2 on my laptop respectively. My SSD gradually died. I removed SSD from 1 and moved existing data HDD to 1(as even at this point I thought the port could be the problem). Then I installed another newish HDD to port 2 to use as the OS hard drive. Before this I hadn't noticed any problems with the backup data HDD. Now it appears that the problem is with this backup HDD: so could it be the actual port on my laptop is frying/causing problems on the HDDs?
    Many thanks,
    Lucas

biggsamus, Dec 16, 2017
  14. biggsamus Win User
    Ok I'm just about onto Number 8.
    I will post what I have so far. It's been difficult, a lot of stuff is failing when running on one of the hard drives.
    I will just add the pictures for the first hard drive scan here.

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.16299.125](c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannowBeginning system scan. This process will take some time.Beginning verification phase of system scan.Verification 100% complete.Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.C:\Windows\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealthDeployment Image Servicing and Management toolVersion: 10.0.16299.15Image Version: 10.0.16299.125[==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.The operation completed successfully.C:\Windows\system32>

17/12/2017

Checking file system on C:The type of the file system is NTFS.A disk check has been scheduled.Windows will now check the disk. Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ... 548608 file records processed. File verification completed. 6618 large file records processed. 0 bad file records processed. Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ... 19690 reparse records processed. 811968 index entries processed. Index verification completed. 0 unindexed files scanned. 0 unindexed files recovered to lost and found. 19690 reparse records processed. Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...Cleaning up 1713 unused index entries from index $SII of file 0x9.Cleaning up 1713 unused index entries from index $SDH of file 0x9.Cleaning up 1713 unused security descriptors.Security descriptor verification completed. 131681 data files processed. CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal... 35857800 USN bytes processed. Usn Journal verification completed.Stage 4: Looking for bad clusters in user file data ... 548592 files processed. File data verification completed.Stage 5: Looking for bad, free clusters ... 31115042 free clusters processed. Free space verification is complete.Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.No further action is required. 293027839 KB total disk space. 167654440 KB in 353728 files. 250452 KB in 131682 indexes. 0 KB in bad sectors. 662775 KB in use by the system. 65536 KB occupied by the log file. 124460172 KB available on disk. 4096 bytes in each allocation unit. 73256959 total allocation units on disk. 31115043 allocation units available on disk.Internal Info:00 5f 08 00 2e 68 07 00 b1 95 0d 00 00 00 00 00 ._...h..........bf 31 00 00 2b 1b 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 .1..+...........Windows has finished checking your disk.Please wait while your computer restarts.

28/11/2017

Chkdsk was executed in scan mode on a volume snapshot. Checking file system on C:Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ... 501760 file records processed. File verification completed. 5205 large file records processed. 0 bad file records processed. Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ... 19485 reparse records processed. 813180 index entries processed. Index verification completed. 19485 reparse records processed. Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...Security descriptor verification completed. 155711 data files processed. CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal... 39702424 USN bytes processed. Usn Journal verification completed.Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.No further action is required. 293027839 KB total disk space. 150328468 KB in 329589 files. 229220 KB in 155712 indexes. 618347 KB in use by the system. 65536 KB occupied by the log file. 141851804 KB available on disk. 4096 bytes in each allocation unit. 73256959 total allocation units on disk. 35462951 allocation units available on disk.----------------------------------------------------------------------Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ...Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ...Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...

18/11/2017

Chkdsk was executed in scan mode on a volume snapshot. Checking file system on \Device\HarddiskVolume83Volume label is SAMSUNG.Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ...The allocated length 0x3b000 is not in multiple of 0x10000 for attributeof type 0x80 and instance tag 0x3. 33024 file records processed. File verification completed. 24 large file records processed. 0 bad file records processed. Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ... 1593 reparse records processed. 36444 index entries processed. Index verification completed. 1593 reparse records processed. Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...Security descriptor verification completed. 1711 data files processed. CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal... 2944 USN bytes processed. Usn Journal verification completed.Windows has found problems that must be fixed offline.Please run "chkdsk /f" to fix the issues.1953512000 KB total disk space.1832770356 KB in 16537 files. 12800 KB in 1712 indexes. 158860 KB in use by the system. 65536 KB occupied by the log file. 120569984 KB available on disk. 4096 bytes in each allocation unit. 488378000 total allocation units on disk. 30142496 allocation units available on disk.----------------------------------------------------------------------Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ...Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ...Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...

biggsamus, Dec 17, 2017
  15. biggsamus Win User
    Hard drive 2 scan results

biggsamus, Dec 17, 2017
Thema:

1. Laptop slowing down, and sometimes completely locking up - Similar Threads - Laptop slowing down

2. Completely lock down a laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Completely lock down a laptop: I'm tasked with figuring out a way to completely lockdown a laptop in the event that an employee goes rogue, or the device cannot be recovered. What this should accomplish is preventing any access to the BIOS and removing login capabilities, but the machine should maintain...
  3. Completely lock down a laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Completely lock down a laptop: I'm tasked with figuring out a way to completely lockdown a laptop in the event that an employee goes rogue, or the device cannot be recovered. What this should accomplish is preventing any access to the BIOS and removing login capabilities, but the machine should maintain...
  4. Completely lock down a laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows 10 completely slowed down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 completely slowed down: Hello there, i got a Dell Inspiron 155000 Series laptop somewhere around January 2018 for my child. One time, he was playing Minecraft trial on the laptop. Note that i was not present there, my child narrated this to me. As he was playing, all of a sudden, a disturbing...
  6. laptop slowing down

laptop slowing down: my laptop system become hang when try to play any video on edge.. just happen today.. i dont know what to do anymore.. i can't do anything when laptop slowing down and disk become 100%.. please help.....
  7. Laptop slowed down

Laptop slowed down: I installed the last Windows update and the laptop has slowed down a lot - now I often get the 'not responding '' and there is a long delay between the moment I type on the keyboard and the moment it appears on the screen this happens especially with Facebook, but not...
  8. Slow down laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Slow down laptop: After installing the latest update of windows 10, my new laptop becomes slow, what should i do?? Before udate it was running smoothly. Please help and tell me anyone is facing same kind of problem. Please....
  9. Chromium Edge sometimes completely locks up my system.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chromium Edge sometimes completely locks up my system.: It happens sometimes when I click a link in Edge, it freezes, I go to open task manager via Ctrl + Shift + Esc, it doesn't open until 30 seconds later, but it's no use since it's not responding and the mouse is stuck. Crtl + Alt + Del doesn't even help. I have to hard reboot....
  10. Windows Update still locks up or slows down my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update still locks up or slows down my laptop: Every time my Windows 10 laptop freezes up or slows down to a crawl, rendering it unusable, 100% of the time I find it is Windows Update trying to do something in the background. 100% of the time, if and when I can regain control of the computer, if I click Check for Updates,...