Windows 10: Laptop with Ten Key - Indicate when Num Lock is ON

Discus and support Laptop with Ten Key - Indicate when Num Lock is ON in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Working with a Latitude E5570, has ten key in key board. The Num Lock key doesn't have a light indicator or the program doesn't indicate NL On. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Robert A. TX, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Laptop with Ten Key - Indicate when Num Lock is ON

Working with a Latitude E5570, has ten key in key board. The Num Lock key doesn't have a light indicator or the program doesn't indicate NL On. Is there a solution short of having to type numbers to check if the Num Lock is ON or OFF? Most annoying in current status.

:)

Robert A. TX, Sep 9, 2018

2. CAP and NUM lock indicators

I have a new laptop and windows 10 - I'm surprised to learn that there is no on-screen indicator when the CAP Lock is on, or when the NUM lock is on, does anyone know how to get an indicator, Cortana was useless when I asked. My Asus laptop doesn't
    have a light for these locks.

DB-Charlotte, Sep 9, 2018
  3. Num Lock won't work for 10-key

Hello Alana,

We understand your concern in this regard.

• You mean to say, Num Lock key won't work or Numeric keypad won't work?
    • Did you try connecting external keyboard?
    • Is that onscreen keyboard shows the same behavior?
    • When you press Num Lock key, will the Num Lock light key glows on the keyboard?
    Let us know these things to analyze the issue and guide you accordingly.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Sep 9, 2018
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Laptop with Ten Key - Indicate when Num Lock is ON

Tried to enable num lock key on bootup and now I'm locked out

Leaving Fast Startup disabled is fine. Here is the tutorial here on Tenforums for the Num Lock key at sign-on.

Enable or Disable Num Lock on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials

And the one for Fast Startup enable/disable.

Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

Read thru them both, and make sure all the proper steps were taken. It should not lock you out of your laptop.

f14tomcat, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

Laptop with Ten Key - Indicate when Num Lock is ON

1. Laptop with Ten Key - Indicate when Num Lock is ON - Similar Threads - Laptop Ten Key

2. Num lock key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Num lock key not working: Num lock key is not working. How do I turn it on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/num-lock-key-not-working/b1ea4f8f-bd31-45d8-bd13-408f6c6b9945
  3. Num lock key not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Num lock key not working: Num lock key is not working. How do I turn it on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/num-lock-key-not-working/b1ea4f8f-bd31-45d8-bd13-408f6c6b9945
  4. Num Lock and Caps Lock indicator backward

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Num Lock and Caps Lock indicator backward: Hi there! My Num Lock and Caps Lock keys have the indicator backwards - the light is on when they are not active I can type in sentence case and use the number pad and the light is off when I can't use the numbers or am typing in all caps. I've restarted a few times and...
  5. Num Lock and Caps Lock indicator backward

Num Lock and Caps Lock indicator backward: Hi there! My Num Lock and Caps Lock keys have the indicator backwards - the light is on when they are not active I can type in sentence case and use the number pad and the light is off when I can't use the numbers or am typing in all caps. I've restarted a few times and...
  6. the indicator of the num lock is not displaying in the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the indicator of the num lock is not displaying in the screen: the indicator of the numlock is not displaying in the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-indicator-of-the-num-lock-is-not-displaying-in/b414d677-1f29-43af-ab39-c788475cfb9c
  7. the indicator of the num lock is not displaying in the screen

the indicator of the num lock is not displaying in the screen: the indicator of the numlock is not displaying in the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-indicator-of-the-num-lock-is-not-displaying-in/b414d677-1f29-43af-ab39-c788475cfb9c
  8. caps lock num lock indicators disappear

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    caps lock num lock indicators disappear: Hi,My laptop’s native cap locks num lock indicators won’t show any more.I tried almost all sorts of fixes that I’ve found online, yet of no avail.When I reset Windows 10, they come back but stop functioning right after some of the updates are done.Any ideas ?...
  9. Num lock key

in Windows 10 Customization
    Num lock key: Yesterday I turned off my pc and started it again a few minutes later, and now my num lock key is off upon opening. How do I change the default to be "on" ?...
  10. Num Lock key on at boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Num Lock key on at boot: For some reason, my num lock is off by default. I looked up the solutions, and the ones I found said to turn it on at the login screen, then reboot. It remained on for the next boot, but after that, it was off again. So I tried changing the registry key under...