Windows 10: Laptop Won't Launch Chrome

Discus and support Laptop Won't Launch Chrome in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Had no problem for 2 years launching Chrome on my laptop. All of a sudden it won't open. Does anyone have any ideas/solutions? 45326 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by piano0105, Mar 25, 2016.

1. piano0105 Win User

Laptop Won't Launch Chrome

Had no problem for 2 years launching Chrome on my laptop. All of a sudden it won't open. Does anyone have any ideas/solutions?

:)

piano0105, Mar 25, 2016

2. Multiple Windows 10 Problems

The following problems just started appearing. I'm configured for automatic Windows 10 updates and I suspect one such update has caused these failures:

1. Start menu doesn't launch.

2. Windows Mail doesn't launch.

3. When I started maintenance under Control Panel, nothing happened.

4. Task Manager won't launch.

5. When I shut down the laptop, I'm told task host (or something) is preventing Windows from shutting down.

6. When I shut down, anyway, either the shutting down screen stays on forever OR when the screen has turned black the laptop won't turn off.

P.S. Chrome works fine.

Would appreciate help from anybody.

Rex RaymondTorrecampo, Mar 25, 2016
  3. Launching Google Chrome on new laptop

I have installed Google Chrome in a new laptop that I bought for my daughter. Because she is still a minor, when we try to launch the app, an email is sent to my Gmail account as follows -

Websites and inappropriate content are only blocked on Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer. Because you chose to block inappropriate websites in your family settings, we have blocked other commonly used browsers to help keep your child safe. If your child
    uses Google Chrome, they’ll be able to access blocked and inappropriate websites. Learn more.

Allow Dismiss

When I click on "Allow" a new tab opens asking me to log on using my Microsoft Account, or, if I don't have one, create a new one. I try creating a new one (as I don't have a Microsoft account) and go through all of the steps until i end up with the following
    message -

Laptop Won't Launch Chrome [​IMG]

I've been waiting for more that a "little while" so would be grateful if anyone could help!

Many thanks,

Joe.

Joseph_Featherstone, Mar 25, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

See if Compatibility mode is checked.

Right click at Chrome desktop shortcut > Properties > at the top, click Compatibility tab > under Compatibility mode heading, is there a checkmark at "Run this program in compatibility mode for " ?
    If yes, Un-check it > OK when done.

Does that help at all ?

davidhk, Mar 25, 2016
  5. piano0105 Win User
    David,

I went to the Chrome properties box but the compatibility was already unchecked. Do you have any other suggestions.

piano0105, Mar 25, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    You said " all of a sudden ".
    How long ago was that ?
    If it was recently, do you remember a date you did NOT have this problem ?
    If yes, please do a system restore. Pick that date or even earlier as your restore point.
    System Restore Windows 10

davidhk, Mar 25, 2016
  7. snoopy51 Win User
    2 Years using Chrome without any problem! Great!
    Are you in Windows 10 or Windows 8.1, Windows 8 or Windows 7 now?

Please remember Windows 10 was not officially released until July 29, 2015.

snoopy51, Mar 27, 2016
  8. Laptop Won't Launch Chrome

Check, if Google Chrome Portable works, if yes, then it is mot likely a damaged profile.

For starters, try to cleanup Chrome's cache, cookies and such with CCleaner. If it does not help:

Uninstall Chrome, delete profile, install again, sync should take care of bookmarks/extensions.

Delete Chrome folder - Start - Run - %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Google

How to completely Uninstall Chrome

TairikuOkami, Mar 27, 2016
  9. piano0105 Win User
    I am using Windows 10 but have been using Chrome on laptop for two years. Anyway, for some strange reason it seems to be launching ok now without me really doing anything.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

piano0105, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop Won't Launch Chrome - Similar Threads - Laptop Won't Launch

2. Having problems launching Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having problems launching Chrome: Hopefully someone can help me.Recently bought Lenovo Ideapad Flex, which already came with Windows 11 S Mode, but I need Chrome, so I took it out of the S Mode so i can install it. I tried to install it, which it does and shows on my screen but whenever I tried to open it...
  3. Having problems launching Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having problems launching Chrome: Hopefully someone can help me.Recently bought Lenovo Ideapad Flex, which already came with Windows 11 S Mode, but I need Chrome, so I took it out of the S Mode so i can install it. I tried to install it, which it does and shows on my screen but whenever I tried to open it...
  4. chrome browser will not launch maximized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    chrome browser will not launch maximized: The past week my Chome will not launch as it should to maximum size I'm not talking about full screen which make the taskbar disappear just the regular maximum screen.I have read online to see how to remedy this but don't find anything useful.Do you know how I can fixt his?...
  5. chrome browser will not launch maximized

in Windows 10 Customization
    chrome browser will not launch maximized: The past week my Chome will not launch as it should to maximum size I'm not talking about full screen which make the taskbar disappear just the regular maximum screen.I have read online to see how to remedy this but don't find anything useful.Do you know how I can fixt his?...
  6. White flash on chrome launch.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    White flash on chrome launch.: submitted by /u/Honest_Anybody [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k4fz9n/white_flash_on_chrome_launch/
  7. Google Chrome will not launch

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google Chrome will not launch: Yesterday all was fine. This morning I clicked, as usual, on my Google Chrome shortcut on my desktop. It would not work. I tried the icon on the launch bar. Won't work. I checked and there was a Windows 10 update last night. I googled on my other pc and saw a couple of...
  8. Google Chrome not launching

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google Chrome not launching: I cannot launch Chrome from my Surface Pro/Windows 10. Tried uninstalling, but it says it's already open which it is not. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-not-launching/60ef656b-8b87-4017-a472-0a5375c345c0
  9. Chrome Constantly Crashes On Launch

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome Constantly Crashes On Launch: Hello everyone, I have an odd issue here. Google Chrome on my laptop keeps crashing upon launch. The window will open, show up white for 3-5 seconds then just close itself. Weird thing is I dont get any sort of error message or anything. It just simply crashes. Ive done...
  10. Chrome won't launch when pinned to taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome won't launch when pinned to taskbar: Hello I have chrome pinned to the task bar but it won't simply launch the application like it does with all the my other icons. I have to keep right clicking it and then choosing chrome within the menu - kinda annoying. Is there a way to change this behaviour so it will...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. zwift crashes on launch

2. A few months ago it worked perfectly. Now it wont even open! I tried to install the latest update and it says the app is terminated and errors like that. I tried to update it 5 times. All of them failed. Windows Media Player works so does DVD - ROM.