Windows 10: Laptop won't work after system reboot

Discus and support Laptop won't work after system reboot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ok so basically massive crisis: I wanted to restart my whole laptop back to factory settings, within doing so I waited and I waited and it got to 99%... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jayryan29, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Jayryan29 Win User

Laptop won't work after system reboot

Ok so basically massive crisis: I wanted to restart my whole laptop back to factory settings, within doing so I waited and I waited and it got to 99% and was stuck there for 3 hours, when I come back to check it was just a black screen so I turned my laptop off forcefully. Now when I turn it back on, my HP logo comes up then the Windows logo with the spinning dots, then it goes black and does the same thing over and over. Please help as I don't know what to do!

:)

Jayryan29, Apr 15, 2016

2. Wi-Fi will not enable!

As the title of the post says, my laptop's Wi-Fi will not turn on. When I hovered over the Wi-Fi button in the corner it said that it was connected to the network but had no internet access, which was a little strange. My dad's tablet is on the same network
    and his is working just fine (I'm using his tablet to type this post). So I tried to reboot my laptop to see if the "try turning it off an on again" adage would work, and after rebooting the computer, now the Wi-Fi won't turn on at all. Not in the sense that
    it won't connect to the network, but in the sense that the slider to actually turn on Wi-Fi does not work. I tried to do a system restore on the laptop, but now that's taking forever and I'm at my wit's end and really distressed because all my homework is
    on that computer.

Fireballer45, Apr 15, 2016
  3. SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_HANDLE BSOD still persisting after resetting my laptop

Thanks for the reply, I already did as told by zigzag.

I am not facing an new wifi conflicts or any BSOD's till now, it's been two days since the last happened.

But, I am facing a new error now. My speakers of the laptop stop working after a certain time. If I reboot , they start to work again, but they don't work if I hibernate my laptop and reuse it after some time. It won't work unless I reboot the laptop
    again. I already tried reinstalling the driver of AUDIO but it ain't working for me.

Any idea, what's happening ?

bhavitsharma, Apr 15, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Hi Jayryan and welcome to Tenforums.

Please boot into Startup Repair that way.

If all else fails, you could grab the W10 ISO from clean install.

simrick, Apr 15, 2016
  5. Jayryan29 Win User
    Yeah but how do I boot into advanced options if my laptop won't work? I can't physically get into my laptop it's stuck on the startup

Jayryan29, Apr 15, 2016
  6. simrick Win User
    You purposely fail the boot-up process 3x: When the Windows logo appears, hold down your power button to shut the computer off. Do this three times, and the fourth time Windows should boot into the advanced options. It's in Step 6 of the link I gave you.

simrick, Apr 15, 2016
  7. mrgeek Win User
    Don't know what kind you have but on my HP, I would do this - Power it off. Power it on & IMMEDIATELY keep hitting f11 which gets you to 'Advanced Startup Options'/Choose an option'/Troubleshoot. Try 'Startup Repair' or 'See more recovery options'/Enable Safe Mode. You could also try a System Restore if it was enabled before your Reset effort.

mrgeek, Apr 15, 2016
  8. Jayryan29 Win User

Mother of Lord! It worked, my laptop is now fully reset, and it's fully functional! Thanks a bunch!

Jayryan29, Apr 15, 2016
  9. simrick Win User
    Great to hear! *Thumbs Please mark the thread as solved.

simrick, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop won't work after system reboot - Similar Threads - Laptop won't system

2. Computer won't run after reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer won't run after reboot: My computer is older but whenever I have to restart it like if the electricity goes out or I have to download an update it always takes hours to turn back on. This most recent time it rebooted at 4:00 the night before and it still won't turn on. My computer is running but...
  3. Computer won't run after reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer won't run after reboot: My computer is older but whenever I have to restart it like if the electricity goes out or I have to download an update it always takes hours to turn back on. This most recent time it rebooted at 4:00 the night before and it still won't turn on. My computer is running but...
  4. Computer won't run after reboot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. LAPTOP not working how to reboot it????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LAPTOP not working how to reboot it????: Is there a way I can reboot my laptop to its factory settings so it's like brand new. It's been giving me a lot of problems the past month and sometimes it won't even turn on. PLEASE HELP!!!!** moved from Virus and Malware / Microsoft Defender Antivirus / Scanning, detecting,...
  6. LAPTOP not working how to reboot it????

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    LAPTOP not working how to reboot it????: Is there a way I can reboot my laptop to its factory settings so it's like brand new. It's been giving me a lot of problems the past month and sometimes it won't even turn on. PLEASE HELP!!!!...
  7. System won't reboot properly after installing KB4532693

System won't reboot properly after installing KB4532693: I have a brand new HP laptop. After booting up for the first time, Windows Update automatically downloaded and installed a number of updates, including KB4532693. It refused to reboot properly, and all attempts to repair Windows failed. I finally had HP send me a USB flash...
  8. Laptop won't work.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Laptop won't work.: I just started my laptop and logged myself in when suddenly it started showing me "Hello" and "This could take a few minutes". Nothing special I thought, just was a little confused that it didn't update after I started the laptop, but right after was logging in. Now the...
  9. PIN won't work straight after wake or reboot but works normally after logging in

PIN won't work straight after wake or reboot but works normally after logging in: I've been experiencing an issue when trying to login using my PIN after laptop reboot or wake. If I try to use my PIN after rebooting or waking my laptop up Windows displays the loading screen (as if it were correctly logging me in) for an unusually long time, about a...
  10. Computer won't reboot after defragmentation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't reboot after defragmentation: Hi. I have a computer which has Windows 10 on it (this was free upgraded from Windows 8 installed). I recently did a Windows defragmentation on it and the computer said it had to restart to finalise which I did. However, it wouldn't shut down, so I switched it off by holding...