Windows 10: Last update to 1803 took my system from 36GB free to 0GB of Free space on my Surface Pro?!

Discus and support Last update to 1803 took my system from 36GB free to 0GB of Free space on my Surface Pro?! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was running a backup (win7 backup tool) yesterday after doing some system maintenance (removing older versions of some programs etc) because I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Gtr-Stosh, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Gtr-Stosh Win User

Last update to 1803 took my system from 36GB free to 0GB of Free space on my Surface Pro?!

I was running a backup (win7 backup tool) yesterday after doing some system maintenance (removing older versions of some programs etc) because I noticed I had been getting a little low on working space on my C Drive. A large portion of personal files and data is stored on external drives due to limits on internal drive in SP3 and programs I need.

As the backup was running I noticed the disk space on C was continuously counting down. After getting on the system this morning I noticed I had zero space on my drive. Also noticed an update was pushed out some time yesterday as well.

What could cause the loss of 36GB of available space on my drive running a back up and then at some point an automated update. (Don't get me started on the inability to manage when and where an update is a good time - I block as long as I can until they just force themselves on you - Win10 Pro)

This is starting to drive me nuts how much time I have to take to fix continuous Windows issues with my system and the loss of control I have being a customer now. So much so I am seriously considering abandoning Windows after 30 years of being a faithful user and customer. I am at the end of my patience.

:)

Gtr-Stosh, Nov 12, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

New Surface Pro 5 and Surface Pro 6 firmware for Windows 10 - Aug. 29 Surface

Source:

Brink, Nov 12, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    New Surface Pro 5 and Surface Pro 6 firmware for Windows 10 - Aug. 29

Source:

Brink, Nov 12, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Last update to 1803 took my system from 36GB free to 0GB of Free space on my Surface Pro?!

Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book - Feb. 13

Source: Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book (13 February 2018) Surface

See also:

Brink, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Last update to 1803 took my system from 36GB free to 0GB of Free space on my Surface Pro?! - Similar Threads - Last update 1803

2. Free up space in my laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Free up space in my laptop: Hi there,My computer space in C Drive is running very low space and I would like to free up some space for it. I have installed TreeSize Free to instantly see what is using the space in C Drive but I don't know what should I do further. Please see the attached screen capture...
  3. Free up space in my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Free up space in my laptop: Hi there,My computer space in C Drive is running very low space and I would like to free up some space for it. I have installed TreeSize Free to instantly see what is using the space in C Drive but I don't know what should I do further. Please see the attached screen capture...
  4. Free up space in my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. freeing up space and update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    freeing up space and update: How do I free up space and install the newest update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/freeing-up-space-and-update/46872102-1c15-450d-b9ff-df3eb1d3ccab
  6. freeing up space and update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    freeing up space and update: How do I free up space and install the newest update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/freeing-up-space-and-update/46872102-1c15-450d-b9ff-df3eb1d3ccab
  7. freeing up space and update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Free Space

in Windows 10 Customization
    Free Space: I have a 500Gb SSD drive and checking the storage in settings it told me that the drive had 476Gb which I understood of which 367Gb were used and 109Gb were free. Hoping to free up some space and not wanting to delete my pictures or Music, I decided to tidy up my folders and...
  9. To free space while updating

To free space while updating: I reset my pc to update but i dont know that the free space not enough and updating fail and i just access to cmd and the reset and... cant help me and win 10 cant boot!:...
  10. freeing space for update

freeing space for update: When I try to remove my temporary files to free up space for the Microsoft update, I click on the button and it takes a couple seconds then it stops but no files are deleted. no space is freed up. I don't know what to do. PLEASE HELP ME!!...