Windows 10: Latest Windows Update has made my brightness slider/function disappear. (Literally can't...

Discus and support Latest Windows Update has made my brightness slider/function disappear. (Literally can't... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just got home to my computer laptop having been updated. I went to adjust the brightness, but I do not have any form of brightness control. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by requiredusername9, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Latest Windows Update has made my brightness slider/function disappear. (Literally can't...

I just got home to my computer laptop having been updated. I went to adjust the brightness, but I do not have any form of brightness control.
    The add-on to the ease of access bar is non-existent.

When I go to "edit ease of access bar" there is NO option to add the brightness slider or otherwise, it's gone. There is no brightness slider on the ease of access bar either, or in settings. My night light function does not work either. I can toggle the night light function, but the screen stays very blue-light at a very 100% brightness level.

Help.

Edit: I feel it necessary to mention I have double-checked my update went through properly by checking for updates of any kind, but I'm all good to go. I can't seem to find anyone else with this problem either.

:)

requiredusername9, Nov 12, 2019
  2. TheDavidW Win User

After the latest Windows Update, brightness control and custom keyboard shortcuts no longer function

Acer 1810TZ

64 bit OS and processor (4GB)

Windows 10 Pro

Version 1803

Build 17134.48

Installed 05/17/2018

Quality Updates Installed

• KB4103729
    • KB4103721
    Definition Updates Installed

• KB2267602

Like the subject says, I've lost brightness control as well as custom keyboard shortcuts I had setup to start programs (Ctrl + Alt + [letter]). I just discovered the latter not working. Brightness control no longer works with function key shortcut, icon
    in the notification panel, or adjusting the brightness slider in Settings.

Note that Windows key shortcuts DO work. Volume control DOES work with function key, system tray icon slider, etc.

I've tried the following to no avail:

• updating display and monitor drivers as well as switching to the basic Microsoft display.
    • uninstalling update
    • reinstalling the update
    • the old voodoo trick of rebooting at each of the above steps

I'm at a loss as to what to try or what to even what to search for at this point. Thanks for your help!

TheDavidW, Nov 12, 2019
  3. dropper Win User
    Brightness slider replacing brightness quick action button from 1903

Hi all

Does anyone else feel like they've lost some functionality here?

For clarity, I'm talking about option 3 in this very useful guide.

I understand that the new slider gives more control, but the previous method was very quick to change in increments of 25%, and I tend not to always need such granular controls beyond this.

My suggestion would be to keep the slider, but to turn the bulb icon just to the left of it into a button which increases the brightness in 25% increments per the previous quick action button functionality.

Thoughts?

dropper, Nov 12, 2019
  4. Latest Windows Update has made my brightness slider/function disappear. (Literally can't...

Brightness slider gone windows 10

Okay, so I always used to have the brightness slider on my computer. Im not an idiot, I know how brightness on the desktop and my screen both work- as I said it is IMPERATIVE that I can change my windows screen using the brightness slider.....

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to this concern?
    Yes the most recent update of windows 10 you guys have been sprouting

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    I dont know. Its custom made to my photography and it has not been a drama - EVER

• Which version/build of Windows 10 are you using?
    I assume the latest as I have had had 5 technicians stuff around with my computer with 5 hours last night and I STILL HAVE NO RESOLUTION

Joshua and JessicaFarmer, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

Latest Windows Update has made my brightness slider/function disappear. (Literally can't...

1. Latest Windows Update has made my brightness slider/function disappear. (Literally can't... - Similar Threads - Latest Update has

2. After a Windows update on my one year old Dell laptop the brightness slider has disappeared...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After a Windows update on my one year old Dell laptop the brightness slider has disappeared...: After a Windows update on my one year old Dell laptop the brightness slider has disappeared and the keyboard keys for brightness don't work either. Any suggestions?...
  3. After a Windows update on my one year old Dell laptop the brightness slider has disappeared...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After a Windows update on my one year old Dell laptop the brightness slider has disappeared...: After a Windows update on my one year old Dell laptop the brightness slider has disappeared and the keyboard keys for brightness don't work either. Any suggestions?...
  4. Sound Slider Disappeared after latest Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sound Slider Disappeared after latest Windows 10 Update: Recently my sound slider has disappeared, the only way for me to see what my volume is on is by going to my settings... Both sound sliders... the one that appears on the top left and the one on the taskbar....
  5. Brightness slider not functioning

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brightness slider not functioning: Good afternoon! Today I have a driver issue. In windows, the brightness slider does not adjust the brightness of my laptop monitor. I have tried everything, from registries to device manager, and this is my last attempt to find an solution that doesn't involve me wiping my...
  6. The brightness slider in the Action Center has disappeared. Can't adjust brightness at all.

The brightness slider in the Action Center has disappeared. Can't adjust brightness at all.: I have a laptop, so it isn't a separate monitor. The slider was there before but is now gone. Using the keys doesn't work, and there's no way of adjusting the brightness in the Control Panel. I tried updating the display driver, but it appears to be up to date. Is there...
  7. Brightness sliders are disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness sliders are disappeared: Why Brightness sliders are disappeared after Windows 10 update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-sliders-are-disappeared/cfc3ada5-8908-4697-b612-6666cfd13101
  8. brightness slider disappears on my pc

brightness slider disappears on my pc: I use an old Windows 10 PC for personal use banking, investing, shopping. Once or twice in the last year the screen went very dark and I couldn't find the brightness slider. It was difficult to use the PC as the screen was very dim. The buttons on the HP pc didn't work to...
  9. Brightness slider disappeared

Brightness slider disappeared: After the last Windows Update 1909, the brightness slider disappeared. I can't adjust the brightness! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-slider-disappeared/beea502a-03a4-4093-af3d-7d74f5a917bd
  10. Sunlight Icon in Brightness Slider Disappeared!!

Sunlight Icon in Brightness Slider Disappeared!!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Maddox_Mage [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fdbbkw/sunlight_icon_in_brightness_slider_disappeared/