Windows 10: Latest windows update wont install

Discus and support Latest windows update wont install in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; MY PC has been trying to install an update dai;ly since about last Tuesday. It eventually seems to uninstall what it has installed and go back to how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by woldsweather, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Latest windows update wont install

MY PC has been trying to install an update dai;ly since about last Tuesday. It eventually seems to uninstall what it has installed and go back to how it was. What can I do?

:)

woldsweather, Mar 19, 2017
  2. vskc_k Win User

integrated webcam and mic not working

Hi

tried to update with the latest available drivers from manufacturer's website , but they wont even install..

vskc_k, Mar 19, 2017
  3. What happen if i unplug the internet during installation of windows10

Once you downloaded the file for the installation, it wont really matter. Other than the fact you wont be able to get the latest updated upon installation etc..

You will still have Windows 10 though. So long as you dont unplug the ethernet cable or turn off the WIFI when its
    downloading the packages for the installation.

mattycurranuk, Mar 19, 2017
  4. Latest windows update wont install

Hi woldsweather.

Can you share which update this is happening with?

In your update history do you see. Failed?

Do you see it re-installing in history?

I would start with running update trouble shooter. There have been some posting on this subject recently. You can look at those if trouble shooter doesn't help.

Windows key + S, search bar appears, type troubleshooting into search bar, troubleshooting appears at top. Click it, window opens, lower right side "Fix problems with Windows Update", click. Window opens, click on “advance”, click on Run as administrator, click “Next”. Should run clean. If not run again.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 19, 2017
  5. KB4015438 and KB401429 failed to install I ran the update fixit an tried again 4 x over.

woldsweather, Mar 20, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    For your information KB4013429 was replaced by KB4015438 on 20th March. Looks like it's a general problem installing cumulative updates, not a problem with a specific update.

Which one? The Windows Update Troubleshooter from the Control Panel? Did it say if it had found and fixed anything?

Or did you try the Tutorial that cottonball gave a link to in post#3?

7. Latest windows update wont install

I tried both. The Microsoft one said it had found and fixed things, but still won't install.

woldsweather, Mar 20, 2017
  8. reddice Win User
    That tool never works wait what about sfc /scannow nope that never works either but wait do a system restore nope that is broken too.

reddice, Mar 20, 2017
  9. Here is how I would do it. One opinion.

I would head to catalog and download the one you are missing. Get full package, right bitiness. I would then disconnect from Internet.

I would run the tool as I've found it does work in lots of cases. If it finds any errors I would rerun. Make sure you are running as Administrator. It has to be run admin.

When it is clean, issue these commends at Command Prompt(admin)

Net stop wuauserv
    Net stop bits

Then double click on file you downloaded. Hopefully it will be successful. Reboot.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 20, 2017
  10. Can you explain 'head to catalogue'?

woldsweather, Mar 21, 2017
  11. Well found it

but just a plain blue screen?

woldsweather, Mar 21, 2017
  12. Latest windows update wont install

Caledon Ken, Mar 21, 2017
  13. Have downloaded all the missing updates but none will install.

woldsweather, Apr 7, 2017
  14. cottonball, Apr 8, 2017
Thema:

Latest windows update wont install

1. Latest windows update wont install - Similar Threads - Latest update wont

2. Windows wont install update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows wont install update: Windows downloads the update but won't install the update, doesn't matter what I do. Keeps giving this error. There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this...
  3. Windows wont install update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows wont install update: Windows downloads the update but won't install the update, doesn't matter what I do. Keeps giving this error. There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this...
  4. Windows updates wont install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updates wont install: HiThe current updates have mainly installed but these 3 no matter how many times I retry they will not install?Please advisethank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updates-wont-install/672fb292-2933-4df2-a4bb-fbf90c3b1ced
  5. Windows updates wont install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows updates wont install: HiThe current updates have mainly installed but these 3 no matter how many times I retry they will not install?Please advisethank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updates-wont-install/672fb292-2933-4df2-a4bb-fbf90c3b1ced
  6. windows updates wont install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows updates wont install: all my updates have installation errors- i detected 5 viruses which i got rid of, and they slowed my PC down. please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updates-wont-install/b5f86e3b-b6a7-4853-823b-cf4de3828412
  7. windows updates wont install

windows updates wont install: all my updates have installation errors- i detected 5 viruses which i got rid of, and they slowed my PC down. please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updates-wont-install/b5f86e3b-b6a7-4853-823b-cf4de3828412
  8. Minecraft wont update latest version.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft wont update latest version.: When i try to update minecraft's latest version 1.19.1, it sends me this message. what to do?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-wont-update-latest-version/9e694e14-8dd6-40ec-bbb2-cc8c89caeacf
  9. Minecraft wont update latest version.

Minecraft wont update latest version.: When i try to update minecraft's latest version 1.19.1, it sends me this message. what to do?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-wont-update-latest-version/9e694e14-8dd6-40ec-bbb2-cc8c89caeacf
  10. Windows Updates wont Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updates wont Install: For several weeks my PC has tried to automatically install the following updates:[ATTACH] I've tried downloading them using direct links but the download file just searches for updates and doesn't actually install the update. Any suggestions?...