Windows 10: Launch Windows Update from Command line?

Discus and support Launch Windows Update from Command line? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Need to open windows update, but it's not where it used to be and I can't use the start button....... How can I open it? 56099 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Hannele2, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Hannele2 Win User

Launch Windows Update from Command line?

Need to open windows update, but it's not where it used to be and I can't use the start button.......
    How can I open it?

:)

Hannele2, Jul 12, 2016

2. How to launch tablet Pc touch input from command line

Hello,

From versions of Windows 7 and above it is possible to automatically launch Touchscreen calibration using Tabcal.exe.

I was wondering if there is a similar command to directly launch touch input instead of following inf the steps below:

• Go to Control Panel and search for "Touch".
    • Click "Tablet PC Settings"
    • Click "Setup..." to the right of "Configure your pen and touch displays"
    • Choose "Touch Input..."

With best regards,

DisplaxLab, Jul 12, 2016
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    How to launch tablet Pc touch input from command line

Hi,

As of the moment, there is no feature that will meet your desired output to launch touchscreen calibration from the command line. What we can suggest is to submit your query on our
    Feedback Hub so our developers will be aware of this and possibly include this option
    on the next Windows update.

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Anne Ros, Jul 12, 2016
  4. Hannele2 Win User

I found it C:\Windows\System32\control.exe /name Microsoft.WindowsUpdate

Hannele2, Jul 12, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jul 12, 2016
  6. Hannele2 Win User
    Perfect solution - thanks Brink!

Hannele2, Jul 15, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Jul 15, 2016
  8. Try3 Win User

Is there a shortcut for opening the WU dialog and then initiating the Check for updates?

Denis

9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Try3, *Smile

You might like to add the Windows Update context menu below for this. The "Check for updates" item does what you're wanting.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

...or you could create a "Check for updates" shortcut from the command below that the context menu above uses.

explorer ms-settings:windowsupdate-action

Brink, Oct 22, 2016
  10. Try3 Win User
    Brink,

I've just tried the explorer ms-settings:windowsupdate-action shortcut and it behaves the same as the explorer ms-settings:windowsupdate shortcut - it opens the dialog but sits there without initiating anything.

[I've tried opening & closing the dialog a couple of times in case it was just a refresh issue & I've tried running the shortcut as Admin]

I must be missing something obvious.

Denis

11. Try3 Win User
    Shawn,

I was missing something obvious - I had to run the shortcut as Admin

Many thanks,

Denis

12. This starts the usual check, but in my work version of Win10 Enterprise, that only checks the local "vetted" updates, and not the online ones directly from Microsoft. Is there a version of this which allows checking of online updates from MS? In short, I want the command to be equivalent of clicking the link 'Check online for updates from Microsoft Update'.

I actually install software from repositories, like Ninite and Chocolatey. Made a batch script which checks for updates for apps installed through both of those, and now I want to add Windows updates to the list and be done with it... Schedule to run every week.

ashleywilson, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Launch Windows Update from Command line? - Similar Threads - Launch Update Command

2. svchost.exe launched without any command line arguments

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    svchost.exe launched without any command line arguments: Hello,In Windows 10 machinesas far as I noticed, I have been noticing that svchost.exe is executing without any command line arguments. From my understanding, svchost.exe loads the DLL files via commands. Are there any legit instances where the svchost.exe executes without...
  3. svchost.exe launched without any command line arguments

in Windows 10 Gaming
    svchost.exe launched without any command line arguments: Hello,In Windows 10 machinesas far as I noticed, I have been noticing that svchost.exe is executing without any command line arguments. From my understanding, svchost.exe loads the DLL files via commands. Are there any legit instances where the svchost.exe executes without...
  4. svchost.exe launched without any command line arguments

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Command Line

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Command Line: Mine is a 64 bit operating systemMy question is regarding the command prompt.BackgroundI am using Apache flume technology where i am running a command line argument from flume which is a more command in windows. So we need to the exec to execute the more command. So i am...
  6. Windows Command Line

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Command Line: Mine is a 64 bit operating systemMy question is regarding the command prompt.BackgroundI am using Apache flume technology where i am running a command line argument from flume which is a more command in windows. So we need to the exec to execute the more command. So i am...
  7. Windows Command Line

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Command line commands

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command line commands: I would like to create a shortcut on the desktop using a command in a .bat file. I would like to specify what icon file to use, what program to execute, and the parameters to pass to the program. I have researched MKLINK but I don't think it will do the job. Any...
  9. Show list of installed updates from command line

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Show list of installed updates from command line: Hello I've looking for a command to list all windows updates from command line on a pc who stuck in bootloop, so it must've be done from the recovery console in cmd. We tried dism and wmic but neither worked. Thanks...
  10. Windows Command-Line: The Evolution of the Windows Command-Line

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Command-Line: The Evolution of the Windows Command-Line: Welcome to the second post in this "Windows Command-Line" series. In this post we'll discuss some of the background & history behind the Windows Command-Line. Specifically, we’ll explore its humble origins in MS-DOS, to its modern-day incarnation supporting tools like...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. launch windows update from command line

2. launch windows update command line

3. launch windows update from cmd